Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Something Amiss in Male Dominated Gun Culture.

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iolo/Penderyn View Post
    The last use of arms around here for political purposes was the Chartist March on Newport, way back in the Nineteenth Century, when those who were prepared to fight for democracy were gunned down by Irish troops, so the basic argument used by Americans doesn't work for us. Our main argument for using guns is poaching - when I was a kid and visited Cardiganshire, I was baffled to know why everyone refereed to our car by our registration number, but found out later that it was the way they identified game wardens. I'm old enough to have done Narional Service - they didn't need to teach me to shoot because my Dad used to borrow a shotgun to eliminate rabbits in our fields, but they did anyway, but mainly they taught me Chinese. We found out the only way to deal with mass-murders was to get much stricter about gun licences, and it's worked. End of story, as far as I know.
    Wales couldn't defend itself against a bunch of nancy boys with feather dusters!! Hitler had big plans for you boyos, so he did!!

2. #77 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,615 Times in 17,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I read her post and that is not even remotely close to what she said.

Why do you not try to respond to what she actually wrote, rather than what you wish she wrote?
    Fuck you, asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Because personal attacks are far more satisfying to the Reichwing soul than is actual discussion based on what someone else said.
    You two wake up on the rag today?

I know a few women who hunt with their husbands. One couple I know hunt elk every year, she shot both an elk and a mule deer last year (despite the virus).
    The GF's granddaughter shot a deer last year (she's 12). My cousin's wife hunted with him for years, as did my mother with my father, to name a few.
    My NRA (gasp!) magazine features lots of successful women hunters.
    It wasn't meant to be an "attack," actually it was meant to be a complement that women can and do provide for their families. Interesting...
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (04-22-2021)

4. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    Wales couldn't defend itself against a bunch of nancy boys with feather dusters!! Hitler had big plans for you boyos, so he did!!
    Come to the Rhondda and tell us about that, sweetikins! Fancy a quick swim in our river do you, in your lacey knickers? Piss off, fart!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Iolo/Penderyn For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-22-2021)

6. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Fuck you, asshole.

I know a few women who hunt with their husbands. One couple I know hunt elk every year, she shot both an elk and a mule deer last year (despite the virus).
    The GF's granddaughter shot a deer last year (she's 12). My cousin's wife hunted with him for years, as did my mother with my father, to name a few.
    It wasn't meant to be an "attack," actually it was meant to be a complement that women can and do provide for their families. Interesting...
    Crypiss is a typical limp wristed Californicator!
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 04-22-2021 at 07:35 AM.

7. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,405 Times in 53,280 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    A problem with this forum is that one side of it is filled with people who live in a shared fantasy world..
    Apt observation, Martin. It seems to sum up the current situation in America as well. There are an unbelievable number of the duped, for instance, who think that #TRE45ON really won, and that the (D)s managed to cheat to put Biden in the WH while not ensuring a super majority of (D)s in the House and Senate. lol
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

8. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iolo/Penderyn View Post
    Come to the Rhondda and tell us about that, sweetikins! Fancy a quick swim in our river do you, in your lacey knickers? Piss off, fart!
    Been there many times, they could never have defended Wales without the English though! You know that well enough when you've recovered from a session on the Brains!! They did a sterling job down the mines though, I'll give them their due. Have you got some nutty slack to spare?
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 04-22-2021 at 07:34 AM.

9. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,466 Times in 3,391 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,143 Times in 1,048 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    Are you Martin or Martine?
    From a guy who calls himself the top "vera".

10. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Fuck you, asshole.

It's "compliment."

No, it was an attack. We are not all as poor at reading comprehension as you, Skippy. You were hoping that I'd say "No, women don't hunt for food" so that you could try to convince us -- based on anecdotal "evidence" -- that they do. And as a side note, you hoped to show that I'm prejudiced against my own gender or some other made-up Reichwing fantasy of yours.

I noticed that you skipped right over my post about my friend who hunts moose and caribou in Alaska, and packs it out too. That's not the point at all, except in your mind. The point is very few Americans hunt to put food on the table. As the link I provided shows, that is less than 5% of males. The percentage for females must be far smaller.

The number of guns per capita in the U.S. has very little to do with hunting. It has far more to do with the NRA and others convincing ppl that America is a dangerous wild frontier so we'd all best be packing. Those guns are not for hunting; they are for killing other human beings. The gun manufacturers LOVE their lobbyist, the NRA.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

martin (04-22-2021)

12. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Primadonna, the kept man who lives in Thailand. lol

13. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,466 Times in 3,391 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,143 Times in 1,048 Posts

It's "compliment."

No, it was an attack. We are not all as poor at reading comprehension as you, Skippy. You were hoping that I'd say "No, women don't hunt for food" so that you could try to convince us -- based on anecdotal "evidence" -- that they do. And as a side note, you hoped to show that I'm prejudiced against my own gender or some other made-up Reichwing fantasy of yours.

I noticed that you skipped right over my post about my friend who hunts moose and caribou in Alaska, and packs it out too. That's not the point at all, except in your mind. The point is very few Americans hunt to put food on the table. As the link I provided shows, that is less than 5% of males. The percentage for females must be far smaller.

The number of guns per capita in the U.S. has very little to do with hunting. It has far more to do with the NRA and others convincing ppl that America is a dangerous wild frontier so we'd all best be packing. Those guns are not for hunting; they are for killing other human beings. The gun manufacturers LOVE their lobbyist, the NRA.
    And it has to do with a neediness that bears no relationship to the ostensible purpose of guns.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to martin For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (04-22-2021)

15. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

How long did it take you to work that one out?

16. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And it has to do with a neediness that bears no relationship to the ostensible purpose of guns.
    Madwitch kills them, wipes their arses and slaps a steak on the table dripping with blood.

17. #88 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,615 Times in 17,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

It's "compliment."

OK. The forum grammar Nazi has spoken! I stand corrected.

No, actually I didn't, I took it as fact. I live in both Amish and Mennonite country. Not only are their women awesome cooks and bakers, they do a lot of the game cleaning when they and their husbands return from a successful hunt. So that "percentage" would be much higher here.

I have far more guns than I hunt with. Some I use only for recreational shooting and target practice. I do, however, find it sad so many people think the NRA is about flooding the country with firearms when they have no idea that safety and responsibility is our main objective. As for "lobbyist," isn't it true that bicycle shops/magazines also promote bicycles in their shops/publications? Golf shops/publications? Etc.?
    Myself, I shoot black powder handguns for enjoyment, I doubt I'll ever hunt with them. But that doesn't mean they're only for killing other human beings, does it? And, I've said it before, I wouldn't use either my M1's or my M1-A (both Military issued) as a primary weapon if "the shit hits the fan." Of course, I doubt it would ever reach here where most of us are armed and know how to use our arms...
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

18. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

This message is hidden because Primavera is on your ignore list.

Like all nazis, he can never debate individual positions - just rant spite against cultural or 'racial' groups. He should bugger of back to Nuremburg and get himself hanged with all his mates.
    Last edited by Iolo/Penderyn; 04-23-2021 at 05:53 AM.