Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: DeSantis throws down on the rioters

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Fair enough. I was thinking a totally different perspective. For example, I hate communism but have no issue with people reading Marx to understand it. I do not agree or support Ibram Kendi or Robin DiAngelo but have no issue with people reading their work to understand the positions they advocate (and be able to argue against them). As I understood Hawkeyes claim one would be considered uneducated to read those works because they are the wrong people. I disagree with that.
    I had Mao's Little Red Book back in the day
    It was commie platitudes - full of cultish affectations

I read it briefly,and tossed it in the trash..You also need to know when you are consuming garbage, and to trash it

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 61 Times in 60 Posts

I'd like to see sidney powell run against the democrat heroin cartel. I think she'd do great things.

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,551 Times in 2,991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Drive there? People drive to holiday destinations?
    I don't even bother renting a car when I get to one.
    I'm on vacation. I take cabs, thank you.
    Lol...that’s a difference between folks I suppose. We drive almost everywhere we travel if possible. Traveling abroad we have to rely on public transportation of course, but in the US if we fly we definitely rent a vehicle. Another difference I’m guessing is destinations. We rarely visit a major metropolitan city for vacation. Boston and NYC being the exceptions. Been there, done that and don’t want to go back.

But for instance, we’re lining a short vacation to Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont for June this year. Flying in to Portland, renting a Tahoe and driving around the countryside to see the sights, hike a bit and hopefully so a bit of [guided] fishing and whale watching.

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 28 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    I mean, sure - but I'd have more respect for the right's position if they didn't downplay 1/6 so much. At minimum, that was a riot.

DeSantis is pretty shrewd, though. If a Republican has to win next time, we could do worse. It's good to see the right at least starting to lean back toward rational people.
    IF you were a patriot and you saw that the opposite political party over threw the government by stealing an election, and then prevented justice from being done through bribery, what would you do?

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Typical Republican racist overkill solution in search of a problem.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

blackascoal (04-20-2021)

7. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,077 Times in 7,507 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,104 Times in 1,049 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    Lol...that’s a difference between folks I suppose. We drive almost everywhere we travel if possible. Traveling abroad we have to rely on public transportation of course, but in the US if we fly we definitely rent a vehicle. Another difference I’m guessing is destinations. We rarely visit a major metropolitan city for vacation. Boston and NYC being the exceptions. Been there, done that and don’t want to go back.

But for instance, we’re lining a short vacation to Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont for June this year. Flying in to Portland, renting a Tahoe and driving around the countryside to see the sights, hike a bit and hopefully so a bit of [guided] fishing and whale watching.
    Have a good time. That's the important thing.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NiftyNiblick For This Post:

leaningright (04-20-2021)

9. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    I had Mao's Little Red Book back in the day
    It was commie platitudes - full of cultish affectations

I read it briefly,and tossed it in the trash..You also need to know when you are consuming garbage, and to trash it
    That is a really strange post coming from the right.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

10. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth,

Typical Republican racist overkill solution in search of a problem.

... with the typical chest-pounding pseudo macho-bluster that comes with it.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

11. The Following User Groans At blackascoal For This Awful Post:

Drummie123 (04-20-2021)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-20-2021)

13. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,248 Times in 6,876 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,852 Times in 1,715 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drummie123 View Post
    IF you were a patriot and you saw that the opposite political party over threw the government by stealing an election, and then prevented justice from being done through bribery, what would you do?
    The only reason anyone believes the election was "stolen" is because someone who has never told the truth in his life said so.

When political parties lose an election, they usually re-group, adjust their positions and strategize for the next one. They don't riot & try to win by getting fewer people to vote.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

blackascoal (04-20-2021), NiftyNiblick (04-20-2021)

15. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The only reason anyone believes the election was "stolen" is because someone who has never told the truth in his life said so.

When political parties lose an election, they usually re-group, adjust their positions and strategize for the next one. They don't riot & try to win by getting fewer people to vote.
    Your argument is built on a specious* claim.

Trump did not lie for personal gain and he always put OUR best interests and well-being ahead of all else.

And the reputation the fake media (the media owns the political dishonesty 'title') has built around Trump can't stand up to scrutiny, so they made it virtually unassailable by making so many false allegations of lies to deter fact finders from even trying.

*spe•cious spē′shəs►
    adj. Having the ring of truth or plausibility but actually fallacious.
    adj. Deceptively appealing.
    Pleasing to the eye; externally fair or showy; appearing beautiful or charming; sightly; beautiful.

16. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    in what way?
    Mao builds on Confucianism, and the Chinese Han xenophobia -
    but it kinna works because the Chinese have a hive mind.

Still the CCP goes about destroying Hong Kong , and Tibet, and takes over the littoral states waterways

It's a malevolent force, nothing to emulate -and is certainly hostile to US interests

17. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ]2epo]v[an View Post
    I'd like to see sidney powell run against the democrat heroin cartel. I think she'd do great things.
    Sidney was the only person with guts enough to say the british funded blm through soros in retribution because they think we funded the ira through gadaffi.

18. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    ' ... but if you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao, you ain't gonna make it with anyone anyhow..."

Revolution - The Beatles

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Drummie123 For This Post:

dukkha (04-20-2021)

20. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ]2epo]v[an View Post
    Sidney was the only person with guts enough to say the british funded blm through soros in retribution because they think we funded the ira through gadaffi.
    We need to show these slime politicians we respect people with guts and fortitude in washington.

21. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Before Trump made any statements, we were getting reports of election irregularities all across the country all night long after the polls closed.

We knew that there were shenanigans before Trump ever said anything.

But because of Soros bribery, none of the judges would even CONSIDER the evidence.

Here is evidence of the 'smoking gun.'

Soros Triples Election Spending, Pouring $70 Million Into ...
    Search domain freebeacon.com/2020-election/soros-triples-election-spending-pouring-70-million-into-2020-efforts/https://freebeacon.com/2020-election/soros-triples-election-spending-pouring-70-million-into-2020-efforts/
    Liberal billionaire George Soros has funneled nearly $70 million into the 2020 elections, tripling his previous record, new filings show. The Democracy PAC, a super PAC created by Soros to fund...
    Soros Fund Management Profile: Summary • OpenSecrets
    Search domain http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/soro...?id=D000000306
    Soros Fund Management. At least 90% of this organization's total political giving in the 2020 cycle came from a megadonor: Soros, George. Cycle: All cycles 2020 2018 2016 2014 2012. Contributions. Ranks More info 58 of 21,709. $10,600,318. Lobbying. $0 in 2020.
    George Soros Spends $52 Million on 2020 Election Cycle
    Search domain http://www.breitbart.com/2020-electi...lection-cycle/
    Jul 27, 2020His $50 million in contributions makes him the largest donor of the 2020 cycle, though only $8 million is coming directly from him. Beyond political spending recorded by the FEC, Soros's Open Society Foundations network claims to have spent over $15 billion over the past three decades. The U.S. is the organization's primary target in terms ...
    George Soros contributes record $50M to back 2020 ...
    Search domain http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ne...cratic-efforts
    Soros, an advocate with deep pockets for liberal causes, doled out $48 million total through his political action committee, Democracy PAC, which was created last year. An additional $4 million was...
    George Soros Biography - Money,Politics, George Soros ...
    Search domain http://www.campaignmoney.com/biograp...orge_soros.asp
    George Soros is a billionaire investor. Political Campaign Contributions by George Soros (1999 to Present) - $10,267,776. DEMOCRAT: 99.89% REPUBLICAN: 0.11%. Contributed To. Party.
    George Soros - Wikipedia
    Search domain en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Soroshttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Soros
    George Soros, HonFBA (born György Schwartz, August 12, 1930) is a Hungarian-born American billionaire investor and philanthropist. As of March 2021, he had a net worth of US$8.6 billion, having donated more than $32 billion to the Open Society Foundations, of which $15 billion have already been distributed, representing 64% of his original fortune, making him the "most generous giver" (in ...
    Soros Pours Record $50 Million Into 2020 Election
    Search domain freebeacon.com/2020-election/soros-pours-record-50-million-into-2020-election/https://freebeacon.com/2020-election/soros-pours-record-50-million-into-2020-election/
    Soros's $4 million in direct donations includes hundreds of thousands each to the DNC-led Democratic Grassroots Victory Fund, the Nancy Pelosi Victory Fund, and the Biden Victory Fund. The liberal...
    List of Soros Politicians 'Bought and Paid For' Includes ...
    Search domain conservativebase.com/list-of-soros-politicians-bought-and-paid-for-includes-republicans/https://conservativebase.com/list-of-soros-politicians-bought-and-paid-for-includes-republicans/
    Besides the names of politicians listed below, Soros — who is believed to be worth about $25 billion — has contributed financing for hundreds of left-wing groups through his so-called "philanthropic groups" the Open Society Foundations.
    Complete List Of U.S. Organizations Funded By George Soros ...
    Search domain thewillcountynews.com/install/index.php/2020/01/11/complete-list-of-u-s-organizations-funded-by-george-soros/https://thewillcountynews.com/install/index.php/2020/01/11/complete-list-of-u-s-organizations-funded-by-george-soros/
    Democratic Party: Soros' funding activities are devoted largely to helping the Democratic Party solidify its power base. In a November 2003 interview, Soros stated that defeating President Bush in 2004 "is the central focus of my life" … "a matter of life and death."
    List of shame: Here are the Republicans who took Soros ...
    Search domain http://www.worldtribune.com/list-of-...soros-funding/
    Soros's donations to GOP candidates, however, have mostly flown under the radar. Soros gave $202,700 to Republican presidential candidate John Kasich, making Soros one of the Kasich campaign's top...