Thread: DeSantis throws down on the rioters

1. #181 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth,

Wait a minute. You're the one who said police needed to be paid higher. That's easy enough to say but the hard part is determining where the extra money is going to come from to do that.

Personally, I think police are paid quite well for what they do. People join the armed forces and put their lives on the line for a lot less, you know. I don't think it's a matter of throwing money at the problem. It has to be better training and better screening.
    I don’t know why anyone would want to be a city cop for what they get paid. State cops do ok. These people can actually get killed doing their jobs and get paid peanuts for it. If there’s a more dangerous job in that pay range I don’t know what it is.

Add to the fact they can be locked up for mishandling a situation involving a perp ‘of the wrong color’ just adds to it.

Like I said, I respect people who chose to be cops but I wouldn’t touch it with a ten foot pole. Especially, not in the current climate.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. #182 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 61 Times in 60 Posts

Well gimmy the job then. Ill do it. I wont shoot more than one guy a year, promise.

3. #183 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,327 Times in 52,381 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    I don’t know why anyone would want to be a city cop for what they get paid. State cops do ok. These people can actually get killed doing their jobs and get paid peanuts for it. If there’s a more dangerous job in that pay range I don’t know what it is.

Add to the fact they can be locked up for mishandling a situation involving a perp ‘of the wrong color’ just adds to it.

Like I said, I respect people who chose to be cops but I wouldn’t touch it with a ten foot pole. Especially, not in the current climate.
    You can get killed flying cargo but people love doing it. We, the People need people who want to be part of the solution, not just greedy assholes doing it for a paycheck.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-21-2021)

5. #184 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ]2epo]v[an View Post
    Well gimmy the job then. Ill do it. I wont shoot more than one guy a year, promise.
    You'd never pass the psych eval in most places. OTOH, Florida does cater to Trumpsters, Flat Earthers, Anti-Vaxxers and the Qless so you should give it a try.

6. #185 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    To be honest, if I had the choice of depriving you of your first or second amendment rights, I'd go for the former.

I'm not worried about your guns. I'm just sick of hearing your bullshit.
    Is it safe to say then that you dont know which is the first amendment and which is the second?

7. #186 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    You can get killed flying cargo but people love doing it. We, the People need people who want to be part of the solution, not just greedy assholes doing it for a paycheck.
    Do I see you rushing out the door to be a cop?

You can volunteer or are you askeerd lol?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

8. #187 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    You'd never pass the psych eval in most places. OTOH, Florida does cater to Trumpsters, Flat Earthers, Anti-Vaxxers and the Qless so you should give it a try.
    Hey look, partisan faggot thinks he knows me, lol.

Q - is fbi
    Vax - only an idiot would take a vax for a disease they already had
    Flat earth - it's just as flat as it is round. Not that lower life forms easily understand four special dimensions
    Trump - trump pivoted to swine flu under the pretense of if it could kill millions, rather than, pivoted to jHoe obidens afghan pederast heroin cartel heroin which did in fact kill millions. Sez only one thing. He's just as slimey as you.
    Florida - might be nice.

psych eval, i bet thats not true.

9. #188 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Do I see you rushing out the door to be a cop?

You can volunteer or are you askeerd lol?
    At 65? No. You don't see me rushing anywhere, Opie.

10. #189 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ]2epo]v[an View Post
    Hey look, partisan faggot thinks he knows me, lol.

Q - is fbi
    Vax - only an idiot would take a vax for a disease they already had
    Flat earth - it's just as flat as it is round. Not that lower life forms easily understand four special dimensions

Trump - trump pivoted to swine flu under the pretense of if it could kill millions, rather than, pivoted to jHoe obidens afghan pederast heroin cartel heroin which did in fact kill millions. Sez only one thing. He's just as slimey as you.
    Florida - might be nice.

psych eval, i bet thats not true.
    QED. I do know you, Qless.

11. #190 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Well that explains why you wouldn't do it. And I wouldn't either. But there are plenty of people who want to do it. It's a good career for somebody getting out of the military. And it pays more. It's certainly not for everyone.

I sometimes wonder why black communities can't get some of their own to be police. It just seems like it would be a far better situation if the police live in the same community they are serving and protecting. I would be impressed with a program to steer young locals into policing their own community, a program that includes all the best screening and training.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

12. #191 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Darth,

Well that explains why you wouldn't do it. And I wouldn't either. But there are plenty of people who want to do it. It's a good career for somebody getting out of the military. And it pays more. It's certainly not for everyone.

I sometimes wonder why black communities can't get some of their own to be police. It just seems like it would be a far better situation if the police live in the same community they are serving and protecting. I would be impressed with a program to steer young locals into policing their own community, a program that includes all the best screening and training.
    They already do this in minority communities lol.

Not that it matters. When blacks are killed by black cops the media doesn’t find it ‘newsworthy’. But policing is no different than any other line of work: if you want to attract better people you need to be willing to pay for them. And some of these clowns want to defund cops.

13. #192 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

They already do this in minority communities lol.

Not that it matters. When blacks are killed by black cops the media doesn’t find it ‘newsworthy’. But policing is no different than any other line of work: if you want to attract better people you need to be willing to pay for them. And some of these clowns want to defund cops.
    I disagree. I don't think higher paid racists are going to be any less racist. We have to have better screening to ensure that racists do not join a police force, and we need better training to ensure that all lives matter to police.

Part of the problem also has to address how to get the current racists out of police forces. We know they are there. Certainly not all police are racists, but we know that some are. We don't want any racism in policing. That has to get cleaned up.

Some black communities have no local residents on the police force. That's a problem when there is already distrust and dislike for police in the community, and then you thrown in that the police force is white and from out of town, and the community is black and doesn't trust the police. How do police go from that situation to having a good relationship with the community?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

14. #193 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Darth,

I disagree. I don't think higher paid racists are going to be any less racist. We have to have better screening to ensure that racists do not join a police force, and we need better training to ensure that all lives matter to police.

Part of the problem also has to address how to get the current racists out of police forces. We know they are there. Certainly not all police are racists, but we know that some are. We don't want any racism in policing. That has to get cleaned up.

Some black communities have no local residents on the police force. That's a problem when there is already distrust and dislike for police in the community, and then you thrown in that the police force is white and from out of town, and the community is black and doesn't trust the police. How do police go from that situation to having a good relationship with the community?
    Prove Chauvin is a racist lol. With evidence.

15. #194 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Prove Chauvin is a racist lol. With evidence.
    It was just proven.

Guilty on all counts of disregarding the life of a black man. Such indifference, he just didn't care about Floyd's life. It was obvious. Floyd's very life didn't matter in the least to Chauvin. He actually looked bored as he waited for Floyd to die.

16. #195 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 Times in 1,527 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 73 Posts

no state should put up with them

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulletbob For This Post:

Darth Omar (04-21-2021)