Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 4th stimulus check : Biden faces mounting pressure

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Default 4th stimulus check : Biden faces mounting pressure

As the IRS continues to distribute the pandemic's third stimulus checks, for up to $1,400 each, the outcry is building for the government to provide Americans with a fourth payment — and possibly more.

Advocacy groups and dozens of congressional Democrats are stepping up the pressure on President Joe Biden to support regular cash payments until the COVID crisis is over. In a new report, one group calls stimulus checks "critical relief" that must continue.

Biden is being urged to include more direct aid in the $2.3 trillion infrastructure plan he's now promoting.

Around 20 Democratic U.S. senators, including Finance Committee Chairman Ron Wyden of Oregon and Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, have sent Biden a letter calling on him to put recurring relief payments in his Build Back Better infrastructure package.

"Families shouldn’t have to worry about whether they’ll have enough money to pay for essentials in the months ahead as the country continues to fight a global pandemic," the senators write.

Most people used their recent $1,400 checks to pay for basics including food and bills, according to a new analysis of census data from the nonprofit Economic Security Project.

That's a familiar story. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics found last year's first stimulus checks were largely spent on essentials, though some people saved or invested the money, or used it for other spending. That may have included buying affordable life insurance — demand for policies has surged amid the pandemic.

In their letter, the senators say almost 6 in 10 people thought the $1,400 payments would last them less than three months. Just one more direct payment would lift 6.6 million Americans out of poverty, according to a study by the Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center.

Additional checks are vital, says the Economic Security Project, which supports guaranteed income. "This critical relief has played a leading role in helping Americans keep their heads above water during this recession," the group says in its report.
    A fourth stimulus check faces major obstacles

The battle to pass Biden’s $1.9 trillion COVID rescue package last month highlights the challenges of getting a fourth stimulus check approved.

The bill got no support from Republicans in Congress, who all voted against it. Even moderate Democrats were skeptical about the need for the legislation's third round of direct payments.

They could try the same tactic with the infrastructure package, which features money for roads, bridges, water systems and senior care.

But with the Senate evenly split between the two parties, it would take opposition from only one Democratic senator to kill any proposal to add regular relief payments to the bill, or even just one more stimulus check.

Opponents of additional direct payments argue that there's plenty of evidence the economy doesn't require more stimulation: Vaccinations are increasing, hiring is improving, consumer confidence is rising and the stock market is hitting new highs.

It's not clear whether President Biden is open to the idea of a fourth stimulus check. He hasn't commented, and neither has his press secretary, Jen Psaki.
    https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/f...152200119.html

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,115 Times in 12,640 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Advocacy groups and dozens of congressional Democrats are stepping up the pressure on President Joe Biden to support regular cash payments until the COVID crisis is over. In a new report, one group calls stimulus checks "critical relief" that must continue
    Junkies will stay junkies either till the crash or they decide to be better (debt).

We are not going to decide to be better.

The crash is coming.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

They are determined to send the USA into bankruptcy.

Next year begins their fall. Yet again.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

Matt Dillon (04-19-2021), Stone (04-19-2021)

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post

Next year begins their fall. Yet again.
    America is already bankrupt, we simply have not declared it yet.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    The sooner, the better.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

For the left on this board who like to talk about the great Biden "economy" there sure are a whole bunch of needy, non working MF'rs out there. So either the economy is not that great or democrats are just placating their base (too lazy to work) and buying votes. With borrowed monies.....

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

send me checks -send them to me regularly
    give free stuff
    i can quit working and spend all day poolside

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    For the left on this board who like to talk about the great Biden "economy" there sure are a whole bunch of needy, non working MF'rs out there. So either the economy is not that great or democrats are just placating their base (too lazy to work) and buying votes. With borrowed monies.....
    These are the same fools who are sure that they are doing great economically even thought their credit card balances go up every month, and they have no plan to start paying them down, nor any desire.

DARK AGES SUCK!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Life is Golden (04-19-2021), Sailor (04-19-2021)

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    send me checks -send them to me regularly
    give free stuff
    i can quit working and spend all day poolside
    "I am a victim, send me money!"

This was always how it was going to go so long as we allowed the Victim Culture Cult to stay in power, training the American people to be victims, because the cult needs new victims constantly.

DARK AGES SUCK!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Life is Golden (04-19-2021)

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    "I am a victim, send me money!"

This was always how it was going to go so long as we allowed the Victim Culture Cult to stay in power, training the American people to be victims, because the cult needs new victims constantly.
    NY state is paying illegals a one time $15k benefit.. pay me a tonne of money,,fuck it all

New York to pay undocumented immigrants up to $15,600 for lost work during the pandemic
    https://www.newsbreak.com/news/22001...g-the-pandemic

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

NY state is paying illegals a one time $15k benefit.. pay me a tonne of money,,fuck it all

New York to pay undocumented immigrants up to $15,600 for lost work during the pandemic
    It is as if the Chinese are already running the place, and look at how little resistance there is to this abuse of the American people.

DARK AGES SUCK!

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

How about giving the people who kept working or kept people working a big tax break? What a concept huh?

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries

It has gotten to the point that the number trillion is meaningless. The dimlibs and their flunky following see on the number preceeding trillion and go with that. Yep, obastard's term paper about bankrupting our country is coming true.

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 45 Times in 42 Posts

As the IRS continues to distribute the pandemic's third stimulus checks, for up to $1,400 each, the outcry is building for the government to provide Americans with a fourth payment — and possibly more.

Advocacy groups and dozens of congressional Democrats are stepping up the pressure on President Joe Biden to support regular cash payments until the COVID crisis is over. In a new report, one group calls stimulus checks "critical relief" that must continue.

Biden is being urged to include more direct aid in the $2.3 trillion infrastructure plan he's now promoting.

Around 20 Democratic U.S. senators, including Finance Committee Chairman Ron Wyden of Oregon and Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, have sent Biden a letter calling on him to put recurring relief payments in his Build Back Better infrastructure package.

"Families shouldn’t have to worry about whether they’ll have enough money to pay for essentials in the months ahead as the country continues to fight a global pandemic," the senators write.

Most people used their recent $1,400 checks to pay for basics including food and bills, according to a new analysis of census data from the nonprofit Economic Security Project.

That's a familiar story. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics found last year's first stimulus checks were largely spent on essentials, though some people saved or invested the money, or used it for other spending. That may have included buying affordable life insurance — demand for policies has surged amid the pandemic.

In their letter, the senators say almost 6 in 10 people thought the $1,400 payments would last them less than three months. Just one more direct payment would lift 6.6 million Americans out of poverty, according to a study by the Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center.

Additional checks are vital, says the Economic Security Project, which supports guaranteed income. "This critical relief has played a leading role in helping Americans keep their heads above water during this recession," the group says in its report.
    A fourth stimulus check faces major obstacles

The battle to pass Biden’s $1.9 trillion COVID rescue package last month highlights the challenges of getting a fourth stimulus check approved.

The bill got no support from Republicans in Congress, who all voted against it. Even moderate Democrats were skeptical about the need for the legislation's third round of direct payments.

They could try the same tactic with the infrastructure package, which features money for roads, bridges, water systems and senior care.

But with the Senate evenly split between the two parties, it would take opposition from only one Democratic senator to kill any proposal to add regular relief payments to the bill, or even just one more stimulus check.

Opponents of additional direct payments argue that there's plenty of evidence the economy doesn't require more stimulation: Vaccinations are increasing, hiring is improving, consumer confidence is rising and the stock market is hitting new highs.

It's not clear whether President Biden is open to the idea of a fourth stimulus check. He hasn't commented, and neither has his press secretary, Jen Psaki.
    https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/f...152200119.html
    This is a no-win.

If the government is going to pay the back rent of people who bought a car instead of meeting their lease obligations, they just need to get on with it.

Why wait until July when the eviction moratorium will - finally - end?

2022 is going to be a bloodbath for DemoKKKrats unless they plunge us into war.

Stand by for war...
    DemoKKKrats: The dangerous fascist psychopaths Orwell warned us about.

18. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,977 Times in 32,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

still haven't seen my second one......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”