Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CDC Warns Of ‘Impending Doom’ Of COVID Surges And Deaths.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default CDC Warns Of ‘Impending Doom’ Of COVID Surges And Deaths.

CDC Warns Of ‘impending Doom’ Of COVID Surges And Deaths.

"Dr. Rochelle Walensky: I'm going to lose the script, and I'm going to reflect on the recurring feeling I have of impending doom."

[Judy Woodruff] "We hear Dr. Rochelle Walensky at the CDC speak of impending doom. These are some of the most sobering words we have heard from the administration in weeks. Are they warranted?

Dr. Leana Wen:

Well, Judy, we are seeing that the number of cases are now increasing.

First, there was a plateau, and now they're increasing, with specific hot spots across the country. We have seen this playbook before. We know what happens next, which is that we will also see a rise in hospitalizations, and, unfortunately, a rise in deaths after that."

"I want to urge people to get vaccinated when it is your turn, to really keep your risk to a minimum until then and then, after that, know you are very well-protected, but still keep on wearing a mask while in public."

"It is often framed as, we're now in this race of vaccines vs. variants. And to some extent, that is true, because we do have more transmissible variants. And when we have something that is more transmissible, it means that the activities that we once thought were pretty safe are now going to be higher risk, because something spreads more easily.

There is a third factor, though, here as well, and that's human behavior. We are seeing restrictions being lifted all over the country. In many states, everything can be operating at 100 percent capacity. And I actually understand the reason to do that. We want our businesses to come back.

But I don't understand the lifting of mask mandates, because, for the time being, we need to understand masks and vaccines as the ticket back to pre-pandemic normal. That's our ticket out of this pandemic."

Do something for your country, anti-maskers, anti-vaxers. Get the vaccine. Wear a mask. Do like your fellow Americans are doing. It's the patriotic thing to do!
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (04-18-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,616 Times in 10,680 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN WITHIN TWO WEEKS OF SPRING BREAK....REMEMBER?

WHO ARE YOU FUCKING IDIOTS GOING TO PRAY TO, WHEN YOU SACRED COVID IS GONE ???

GRETA??
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

War=Peace (04-18-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,633 Times in 51,921 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post

"Dr. Rochelle Walensky: I'm going to lose the script, and I'm going to reflect on the recurring feeling I have of impending doom."

[Judy Woodruff] "We hear Dr. Rochelle Walensky at the CDC speak of impending doom. These are some of the most sobering words we have heard from the administration in weeks. Are they warranted?

Dr. Leana Wen:

First, there was a plateau, and now they're increasing, with specific hot spots across the country. We have seen this playbook before. We know what happens next, which is that we will also see a rise in hospitalizations, and, unfortunately, a rise in deaths after that."

"I want to urge people to get vaccinated when it is your turn, to really keep your risk to a minimum until then and then, after that, know you are very well-protected, but still keep on wearing a mask while in public."

"It is often framed as, we're now in this race of vaccines vs. variants. And to some extent, that is true, because we do have more transmissible variants. And when we have something that is more transmissible, it means that the activities that we once thought were pretty safe are now going to be higher risk, because something spreads more easily.

There is a third factor, though, here as well, and that's human behavior. We are seeing restrictions being lifted all over the country. In many states, everything can be operating at 100 percent capacity. And I actually understand the reason to do that. We want our businesses to come back.

But I don't understand the lifting of mask mandates, because, for the time being, we need to understand masks and vaccines as the ticket back to pre-pandemic normal. That's our ticket out of this pandemic."

Do something for your country, anti-maskers, anti-vaxers. Get the vaccine. Wear a mask. Do like your fellow Americans are doing. It's the patriotic thing to do!
    Dude, there's a difference between the CDC "warning of" and the CDC director saying "recurring feeling I have of impending doom." She's concerned. I get it. Human behavior in large groups is only somewhat predictable. What she's seeing is the US running up thousands, if not additional tens of thousands of needless deaths because some people are too fucking stupid to get a vaccine.

IMO, there's a lot to be said for "Evolution in action".

FWIW, I'll get my second Moderna Tuesday and fully expect to take Wednesday off. Not a BFD.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,616 Times in 10,680 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

Will Pres.Moron ever get around to blaming China, and demand accountability....or does he lack the balls of our previous POTUS?
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

Callinectes (04-19-2021), Wolverine (04-19-2021)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Dude, there's a difference between the CDC "warning of" and the CDC director saying "recurring feeling I have of impending doom." She's concerned. I get it. Human behavior in large groups is only somewhat predictable. What she's seeing is the US running up thousands, if not additional tens of thousands of needless deaths because some people are too fucking stupid to get a vaccine.

IMO, there's a lot to be said for "Evolution in action".

FWIW, I'll get my second Moderna Tuesday and fully expect to take Wednesday off. Not a BFD.
    Well then you're doing your part. You have a right to speak your mind.

I didn't write the headline. All I did was post it. Is PBS guilty of sensationalizing it? Perhaps. But then why would they do such a thing. To get through to people? To save lives?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (04-18-2021)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Dr. Leana Wen:

What happens when everyone but trumpers and their Q friends get vaccinated

Will they create variants while they die

We get boosters and they spread is among themselves until it dies out or kills them all?

It’s a really weird counter productive lie to persist with for them

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,569 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    Will Pres.Moron ever get around to blaming China, and demand accountability....or does he lack the balls of our previous POTUS?
    Such a dumb right-wing thing to say. There is no proof according to people who track the origins of viruses. You should inform them of your superior knowledge which cannot be refuted or argued with.
    OK, let's pretend they did it. Exactly how should we blame China? Perhaps at the UN? What is our payoff for that?
    What did Trump get for bitching at China and calling the virus childish names? Were we safer?

12. The Following User Groans At Nordberg For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (04-18-2021)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-18-2021)

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello evince,

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    What happens when everyone but trumpers and their Q friends get vaccinated

Will they create variants while they die

We get boosters and they spread is among themselves until it dies out or kills them all?

It’s a really weird counter productive lie to persist with for them
    COVID is a highly selective killer. Very few who get the disease and pass it around end up dying themselves. That's one of the reasons it is so resilient.

There's no rhyme or reason to it.

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,361 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

A large number of people are getting vaccinated yet the CDC is warning of impending doom? No wonder people start to tune these fools out. Do they really desire we shut the country down again? This is asinine.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Callinectes (04-19-2021), cancel2 2022 (04-18-2021), Darth Omar (04-19-2021), leaningright (04-18-2021), Life is Golden (04-19-2021)

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

But if the only people not vaccinated keep passing it among themselves there will be variants created

Us vaccinated people will keep getting the boosters for the emerging variants

Why didn’t we do natural heard immunity ?

Because the price is lots of death and sickness

There are lingering issues for many even if the do make it through

They are killing their own fellow adherents

While the smart stay current with the vaccines

The deaths will be among them

It makes no sense to persist in this tact

What do they gain?

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,633 Times in 51,921 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Well then you're doing your part. You have a right to speak your mind.

I didn't write the headline. All I did was post it. Is PBS guilty of sensationalizing it? Perhaps. But then why would they do such a thing. To get through to people? To save lives?
    By posting it, without comment, you are tacitly agreeing with it. Should we hold any of the RWNJs to a different standard?

Using emotional rhetoric works to an extent, but overall it breeds distrust since it's dishonest.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

anonymoose (04-19-2021)

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    A large number of people are getting vaccinated yet the CDC is warning of impending doom? No wonder people start to tune these fools out. Do they really desire we shut the country down again? This is asinine.
    It’s slowing

Many republicans keep claiming they will never get protected with a vaccine

It’s republicans who will die wack

They can’t pass it to liberals

We will get the shots to protect our Lives

A large swath of republicans will be the ones getting sick and getting the new variants

What do any of you gain for this tact?

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    By posting it, without comment, you are tacitly agreeing with it. Should we hold any of the RWNJs to a different standard?

Using emotional rhetoric works to an extent, but overall it breeds distrust since it's dishonest.

Nope

It’s let’s discuss this

Always has been

22. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Everybody's goal is that we all get our lives back and be done with the pandemic. Ignoring, wishing and pretending has not made that happen, so we are going to have to coordinate our actions on logical mass measures.

People have a choice.

We can be part of the solution, or we can be part of what keeps the pandemic going.

Let's all choose to get our lives back by doing what we need to do to rid ourselves of this menace.

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

The CDC is out of credibility....too many lies....too much incompetence.....too much desire to rob me of my freedom.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Callinectes (04-19-2021)