Thread: CDC Warns Of ‘Impending Doom’ Of COVID Surges And Deaths.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default CDC Warns Of ‘Impending Doom’ Of COVID Surges And Deaths.

CDC Warns Of ‘impending Doom’ Of COVID Surges And Deaths.

"Dr. Rochelle Walensky: I'm going to lose the script, and I'm going to reflect on the recurring feeling I have of impending doom."

[Judy Woodruff] "We hear Dr. Rochelle Walensky at the CDC speak of impending doom. These are some of the most sobering words we have heard from the administration in weeks. Are they warranted?

Dr. Leana Wen:

Well, Judy, we are seeing that the number of cases are now increasing.

First, there was a plateau, and now they're increasing, with specific hot spots across the country. We have seen this playbook before. We know what happens next, which is that we will also see a rise in hospitalizations, and, unfortunately, a rise in deaths after that."

"I want to urge people to get vaccinated when it is your turn, to really keep your risk to a minimum until then and then, after that, know you are very well-protected, but still keep on wearing a mask while in public."

"It is often framed as, we're now in this race of vaccines vs. variants. And to some extent, that is true, because we do have more transmissible variants. And when we have something that is more transmissible, it means that the activities that we once thought were pretty safe are now going to be higher risk, because something spreads more easily.

There is a third factor, though, here as well, and that's human behavior. We are seeing restrictions being lifted all over the country. In many states, everything can be operating at 100 percent capacity. And I actually understand the reason to do that. We want our businesses to come back.

But I don't understand the lifting of mask mandates, because, for the time being, we need to understand masks and vaccines as the ticket back to pre-pandemic normal. That's our ticket out of this pandemic."

Do something for your country, anti-maskers, anti-vaxers. Get the vaccine. Wear a mask. Do like your fellow Americans are doing. It's the patriotic thing to do!
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (04-18-2021)