Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: CDC Warns Of ‘Impending Doom’ Of COVID Surges And Deaths.

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,449 Times in 52,464 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Dutch Uncle,

Republicans are quite adept at saying one thing and doing another.
    Unfortunately truer than not. At least half of them anyways.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,405 Times in 53,280 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

It gets even worse.

"... the transplant landscape has radically changed. Covid-19-related transplants are surging as hospitals grapple with a growing subset of patients whose organs — most often hearts and lungs — are "basically destroyed by the virus," said Dr. Jonathan Orens, a lung transplant expert at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore.
    "The surge in transplants has been fueled largely by the broad reach of the coronavirus. As U.S. Covid-19 cases top 31 million, with more than 560,000 deaths, thousands of patients who survived particularly serious infections are left with badly damaged organs that pose life-threatening complications."

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...lants-n1263868
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Doc Dutch (04-19-2021), LV426 (04-19-2021), PoliTalker (04-19-2021)

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    It gets even worse.

"... the transplant landscape has radically changed. Covid-19-related transplants are surging as hospitals grapple with a growing subset of patients whose organs — most often hearts and lungs — are "basically destroyed by the virus," said Dr. Jonathan Orens, a lung transplant expert at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore.
    "The surge in transplants has been fueled largely by the broad reach of the coronavirus. As U.S. Covid-19 cases top 31 million, with more than 560,000 deaths, thousands of patients who survived particularly serious infections are left with badly damaged organs that pose life-threatening complications."

Maybe Biden will follow the Chinese and start harvesting the organs of prisoners without their consent.

Time until a Qless Trumpster takes that "to heart": 10...9...8....

5. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Dude, you're missing the point. I'm not questioning the Director's comments. I'm questioning PBS using hyperbole and false rhetoric to inflate their article.

Where did the Director say "warns", "warn" or "warning"? If she never said it, why is it in the title? Is a feeling equal to a warning?

I feel you are missing my point. Am I warning you that you are missing the point?
    No, I got it. It was embellished. I think PBS did it to save lives.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (04-19-2021)

7. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    It gets even worse.

That should be a thread of it's own, but without a sensational OP title, would probably be scrolled off into oblivion.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (04-19-2021)

9. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

No, I got it. It was embellished. I think PBS did it to save lives.
    I think PBS did it to attract attention and make money.

Lying is never good because it breeds distrust.

10. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Hello cawacko,

Your exaggerations are noted.

The CDC did not 'announce impending doom.'

I did not 'declare' that CDC credibility is unimportant.
    Ok, warns of impending doom.

You said, "Better to lose credibility than lives."

The CDC losing credibility is highly unlikely to save lives nor are there too many way in which the losing credibility is good

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (04-19-2021), Doc Dutch (04-19-2021)

12. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Ok, warns of impending doom.

You said, "Better to lose credibility than lives."

The CDC losing credibility is highly unlikely to save lives nor are there too many way in which the losing credibility is good
    Agreed. However, to be clear, it's PBS which used the hyperbole, not the CDC. The CDC understands how credibility relies upon being truthful at all times.

13. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,986 Times in 2,762 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 178 Times in 173 Posts

Needless deaths are deaths that weren't necessary or could have been avoided through reasonable measures such a mask, social distancing and vaccines.

Why do you think so many RW males refuse the Trump vaccine? Is it fear of Jewish nanobots?

It's been a concern for months. I'm surprised you are so clueless about the problem. Here, let me help you get a clue:

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/03...e-republicans/
    White Republicans are refusing to get the COVID-19 vaccine more than any other demographic group in Texas
    In Texas, 59% of Republicans either said they are reluctant to get the vaccine or would refuse it outright, according to the February University of Texas/Texas Tribune Poll.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...-take-vaccines
    Worries grow over GOP reluctance to take vaccines
    Two polls released this week gauging support for receiving the coronavirus vaccine are underscoring the lingering hesitancy many Republicans still harbor toward the shots, fueling concerns over an unstable recovery from the pandemic.

A poll from Quinnipiac University released Wednesday showed that 45 percent of Republicans “don’t plan” on getting a vaccine. Another survey from Monmouth University showed that 43 percent of Republicans “likely will never" get a shot.

Another poll released Thursday by YouGov showed a slightly smaller number — 36 percent — of Republicans saying they won’t get vaccinated, still representing over a third of self-identified members of the GOP.

Interesting.

So just to clarify, people who choose not to wear masks, practice social distancing or get vaccines are just bad people? You're not advocating government should mandate those things?

Hispanics are more likely than any other racial or ethnic group to say they’d get vaccinated, at 67%, while Black adults are the least likely, at 48%.
    What party do black people vote for overwhelmingly? Can't seem to remember...

https://morningconsult.com/2021/01/2...dults-polling/

14. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Agreed. However, to be clear, it's PBS which used the hyperbole, not the CDC. The CDC understands how credibility relies upon being truthful at all times.
    PBS isn't doing itself, or anyone else, any favors by doing that. We are clearly not out of the woods regarding COVID, but headlines like this turn people off and do not help the cause.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Life is Golden (04-19-2021)

16. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

CDC Warns Of ‘impending Doom’ Of COVID Surges And Deaths.

"Dr. Rochelle Walensky: I'm going to lose the script, and I'm going to reflect on the recurring feeling I have of impending doom."

[Judy Woodruff] "We hear Dr. Rochelle Walensky at the CDC speak of impending doom. These are some of the most sobering words we have heard from the administration in weeks. Are they warranted?

Dr. Leana Wen:

Well, Judy, we are seeing that the number of cases are now increasing.

First, there was a plateau, and now they're increasing, with specific hot spots across the country. We have seen this playbook before. We know what happens next, which is that we will also see a rise in hospitalizations, and, unfortunately, a rise in deaths after that."

"I want to urge people to get vaccinated when it is your turn, to really keep your risk to a minimum until then and then, after that, know you are very well-protected, but still keep on wearing a mask while in public."

"It is often framed as, we're now in this race of vaccines vs. variants. And to some extent, that is true, because we do have more transmissible variants. And when we have something that is more transmissible, it means that the activities that we once thought were pretty safe are now going to be higher risk, because something spreads more easily.

There is a third factor, though, here as well, and that's human behavior. We are seeing restrictions being lifted all over the country. In many states, everything can be operating at 100 percent capacity. And I actually understand the reason to do that. We want our businesses to come back.

But I don't understand the lifting of mask mandates, because, for the time being, we need to understand masks and vaccines as the ticket back to pre-pandemic normal. That's our ticket out of this pandemic."

Do something for your country, anti-maskers, anti-vaxers. Get the vaccine. Wear a mask. Do like your fellow Americans are doing. It's the patriotic thing to do!

They are going up?

hmmm.... This is all media agitation and scare tactics for as CNN admitted, ratings.

17. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    Interesting.

So just to clarify, people who choose not to wear masks, practice social distancing or get vaccines are just bad people? You're not advocating government should mandate those things?

What party do black people vote for overwhelmingly? Can't seem to remember...

https://morningconsult.com/2021/01/2...dults-polling/
    No, they're just idiots. Why would I think a fucking retard is bad or evil? They simply need a caretaker; usually a family member.

No, I'm against Federal mandates, but support State and municipal mandates per the will of the local citizenry. Good leadership and education should be enough. Too bad one of the biggest fucking morons to ever occupy the WH spent over a year denying there was a problem with COVID.

18. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    PBS isn't doing itself, or anyone else, any favors by doing that. We are clearly not out of the woods regarding COVID, but headlines like this turn people off and do not help the cause.
    Agreed. It puts them on par with Huffpost and Fox News; more about sensationalism than facts.

19. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    It’s slowing

Many republicans keep claiming they will never get protected with a vaccine

It’s republicans who will die wack

They can’t pass it to liberals

We will get the shots to protect our Lives

A large swath of republicans will be the ones getting sick and getting the new variants

What do any of you gain for this tact?
    It's not a vaccine according to the cdc's own guidelines!

20. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    It’s slowing

Many republicans keep claiming they will never get protected with a vaccine

It’s republicans who will die wack

They can’t pass it to liberals

We will get the shots to protect our Lives

A large swath of republicans will be the ones getting sick and getting the new variants

What do any of you gain for this tact?
    God you're stupid.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

TOP (04-19-2021)