Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: CDC Warns Of ‘Impending Doom’ Of COVID Surges And Deaths.

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,405 Times in 53,280 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Agreed but that's not what happened. The CDC Director didn't warn of impending doom. She said "I'm going to reflect on the recurring feeling I have of impending doom." She has a feeling, but isn't warning of impending doom as the PBS/OP title states. It's hyperbole.
    I see that. They get a black mark for that.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Doc Dutch (04-19-2021), PoliTalker (04-19-2021)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,986 Times in 2,762 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 178 Times in 173 Posts

For everyone it's much higher. Again, needless deaths...not that you or Trump gives a fuck.

If Trump's vaccine was so great, why do so many Republicans refuse to take it?
    For children, it certainly is not.

How exactly do you define a "needless death" I would appreciate a specific definition, including how those deaths could have been prevented. Does the prevention require any curtailing of liberty enshrined in the Constitution?

From what I've seen, political affiliation does not predict whether or not someone chooses to get vaccinated. If you have data showing that it does, I'd love to see it.

If Trump's vaccine is so bad, why are flaming libtards like evince suggesting not getting it is equivalent to suicide?

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,449 Times in 52,464 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    For children, it certainly is not.

How exactly do you define a "needless death" I would appreciate a specific definition, including how those deaths could have been prevented. Does the prevention require any curtailing of liberty enshrined in the Constitution?

From what I've seen, political affiliation does not predict whether or not someone chooses to get vaccinated. If you have data showing that it does, I'd love to see it.

If Trump's vaccine is so bad, why are flaming libtards like evince suggesting not getting it is equivalent to suicide?
    Needless deaths are deaths that weren't necessary or could have been avoided through reasonable measures such a mask, social distancing and vaccines.

Why do you think so many RW males refuse the Trump vaccine? Is it fear of Jewish nanobots?

It's been a concern for months. I'm surprised you are so clueless about the problem. Here, let me help you get a clue:

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/03...e-republicans/
    White Republicans are refusing to get the COVID-19 vaccine more than any other demographic group in Texas
    In Texas, 59% of Republicans either said they are reluctant to get the vaccine or would refuse it outright, according to the February University of Texas/Texas Tribune Poll.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...-take-vaccines
    Worries grow over GOP reluctance to take vaccines
    Two polls released this week gauging support for receiving the coronavirus vaccine are underscoring the lingering hesitancy many Republicans still harbor toward the shots, fueling concerns over an unstable recovery from the pandemic.

A poll from Quinnipiac University released Wednesday showed that 45 percent of Republicans “don’t plan” on getting a vaccine. Another survey from Monmouth University showed that 43 percent of Republicans “likely will never" get a shot.

Another poll released Thursday by YouGov showed a slightly smaller number — 36 percent — of Republicans saying they won’t get vaccinated, still representing over a third of self-identified members of the GOP.

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Not sure how it’s a good thing to have the organization we’re supposed to rely on not have credibility. How does that save lives?
    It's subjective.

Most Americans understand the CDC is doing the best they can. Republicans never want to fund government agencies with all the resources they requested or recommended. Democrats would always give them more than Republicans would. They have to make do with whatever they get. They are not perfect. Nothing is perfect. The right wing talking heads are going to criticize. Propaganda will be circulated. People are going to believe what they want to believe. Big corporations and big money are going to get their way as long as they can effectively keep the right and the left blaming each other instead of uniting against the real power in this country, big money.

I think the CDC is doing a pretty good job. We are getting what we are paying for.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

PBS degrades their integrity by using hyperbole.

If someone lies to your face, even if only a wild exaggeration, do you trust them more? Less? The same?
    Please show evidence of the 'lie?'

A person reflected on a personal feeling.

"Dr. Rochelle Walensky: I'm going to lose the script, and I'm going to reflect on the recurring feeling I have of impending doom."
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello cawacko,

It's subjective.

Most Americans understand the CDC is doing the best they can. Republicans never want to fund government agencies with all the resources they requested or recommended. Democrats would always give them more than Republicans would. They have to make do with whatever they get. They are not perfect. Nothing is perfect. The right wing talking heads are going to criticize. Propaganda will be circulated. People are going to believe what they want to believe. Big corporations and big money are going to get their way as long as they can effectively keep the right and the left blaming each other instead of uniting against the real power in this country, big money.

I think the CDC is doing a pretty good job. We are getting what we are paying for.
    What does any of this have to do with the CDC announcing impending doom even though many people are getting vaccinated and your declaration that the agency's credibility is not all that important?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (04-19-2021)

9. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

demmycunts have been preaching about impending doom for four years.....so far the closest we've come is the Biden presidency.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

10. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    demmycunts have been preaching about impending doom for four years.....so far the closest we've come is the Biden presidency.......
    That fucking gloomy cunt is really pissing me off, never once seen her post anything positive, just doom.and gloom!!
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 04-19-2021 at 08:45 AM.

11. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    That fucking gloomy cunt is really pissing me off, never once seen her post anything positive, just doom.and gloom!!
    OMG, the Lord of Cretins is getting pissed of.
    Lock Him Up

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (04-19-2021)

13. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Please show evidence of the 'lie?'

A person reflected on a personal feeling.

"Dr. Rochelle Walensky: I'm going to lose the script, and I'm going to reflect on the recurring feeling I have of impending doom."
    Bolded and discussed in previous posts.

That's not a "CDC warns", that's a feeling from the CDC Director.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-19-2021)

15. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

PBS degrades their integrity by using hyperbole.

If someone lies to your face, even if only a wild exaggeration, do you trust them more? Less? The same?
    She had a feeling. It is impossible to say a feeling is a lie when it is too soon to tell if it was correct, and even then, she did not make a prediction or say that this was definitively going to happen. She said it was a feeling. PBS took it on themselves to call it a warning. I agree that was disingenuous. But I also watch the numbers very closely. It appears we are headed for exactly what her feeling said. The numbers have begun to rise.

Have you seen the graph of New Cases for the World?

A picture is worth a thousand words...

Screenshot_2021-04-19 COVID Live Update 142,119,355 Cases and 3,035,335 Deaths from the Coronavi.jpg

(click to enlarge, if you dare to look at the facts)

Sure looks like a huge new wave coming on to me...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (04-19-2021)

17. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

If Trump's vaccine was so great, why do so many Republicans refuse to take it?
    Republicans are quite adept at saying one thing and doing another.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (04-19-2021)

19. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    What does any of this have to do with the CDC announcing impending doom even though many people are getting vaccinated and your declaration that the agency's credibility is not all that important?
    Your exaggerations are noted.

The CDC did not 'announce impending doom.'

I did not 'declare' that CDC credibility is unimportant.

20. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Sirthinksalot,

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    Hi Politalker,

Once the vaccine is available to everyone who wants it, life should return to normal. Anyone who chooses to get vaccinated will be protected and anyone who chooses not to has made their decision and can live (or die) with the consequences. Liberty is a great thing!
    I disagree.

Life cannot return to normal until the pandemic is gone.

Vaccines, masks, and distancing are tools we employ to try to reach the goal of eliminating the threat of this novel new virus which has become a deadly worldwide pandemic.

It is still possible, while rare, to get and spread COVID even after full vaccination. The vaccines drastically reduce the chances of that, and if infected despite being vaccinated, they almost completely eliminate the chances of being hospitalized, but not 100% protection. None of them are 100% effective. It's the best we have. Government paid for all the R&D. The best capitalist researchers used our money and produced these life-saving vaccines. It is amazing we were able to have them this quickly. We would love it if they were perfect, but they are not.

It's not a silver bullet.

That's why, even after getting fully vaccinated, people still have to wear masks and distance.

We can stop all that when the pandemic is brought under control.

We will all have to work together to do that.

Freedom is a wonderful thing and we all cherish our freedom.

Sometimes there comes a time when we are called upon to do something besides cherish our own freedom. There comes a time when we have to do something for others besides ourselves. This is one of those times. We are going to have to work together toward a common shared goal.

We live in a society and we have responsibilities to that society. The society supports each individual, and each individual must support the society. Mostly that just means pay your taxes and obey laws. Now we find ourselves in a situation where each individual must be called upon to do more than the usual.

But the good thing to know is that when we do get enough people to do that, we can reach our shared common goal and once again return to normal individual lives.

21. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

She had a feeling. It is impossible to say a feeling is a lie when it is too soon to tell if it was correct...
    Dude, you're missing the point. I'm not questioning the Director's comments. I'm questioning PBS using hyperbole and false rhetoric to inflate their article.

Where did the Director say "warns", "warn" or "warning"? If she never said it, why is it in the title? Is a feeling equal to a warning?

I feel you are missing my point. Am I warning you that you are missing the point?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-19-2021)