Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 131

Thread: CDC Warns Of ‘Impending Doom’ Of COVID Surges And Deaths.

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    25,390
    Thanks
    16,550
    Thanked 13,193 Times in 9,058 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 5,154 Times in 4,465 Posts

    Default CDC Warns Of ‘Impending Doom’ Of COVID Surges And Deaths.


    CDC Warns Of ‘impending Doom’ Of COVID Surges And Deaths.


    "Dr. Rochelle Walensky: I'm going to lose the script, and I'm going to reflect on the recurring feeling I have of impending doom."

    [Judy Woodruff] "We hear Dr. Rochelle Walensky at the CDC speak of impending doom. These are some of the most sobering words we have heard from the administration in weeks. Are they warranted?

    Dr. Leana Wen:


    Well, Judy, we are seeing that the number of cases are now increasing.

    First, there was a plateau, and now they're increasing, with specific hot spots across the country. We have seen this playbook before. We know what happens next, which is that we will also see a rise in hospitalizations, and, unfortunately, a rise in deaths after that."

    "I want to urge people to get vaccinated when it is your turn, to really keep your risk to a minimum until then and then, after that, know you are very well-protected, but still keep on wearing a mask while in public."

    "It is often framed as, we're now in this race of vaccines vs. variants. And to some extent, that is true, because we do have more transmissible variants. And when we have something that is more transmissible, it means that the activities that we once thought were pretty safe are now going to be higher risk, because something spreads more easily.

    There is a third factor, though, here as well, and that's human behavior. We are seeing restrictions being lifted all over the country. In many states, everything can be operating at 100 percent capacity. And I actually understand the reason to do that. We want our businesses to come back.

    But I don't understand the lifting of mask mandates, because, for the time being, we need to understand masks and vaccines as the ticket back to pre-pandemic normal. That's our ticket out of this pandemic."

    ***

    Do something for your country, anti-maskers, anti-vaxers. Get the vaccine. Wear a mask. Do like your fellow Americans are doing. It's the patriotic thing to do!
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

    evince (04-18-2021)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    17,766
    Thanks
    9,707
    Thanked 9,159 Times in 6,308 Posts
    Groans
    179
    Groaned 321 Times in 315 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN WITHIN TWO WEEKS OF SPRING BREAK....REMEMBER?

    WHO ARE YOU FUCKING IDIOTS GOING TO PRAY TO, WHEN YOU SACRED COVID IS GONE ???


    GRETA??
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..


    De Oppresso Liber

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

    War=Peace (04-18-2021)

  5. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    38,425
    Thanks
    11,306
    Thanked 16,854 Times in 13,070 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 2,100 Times in 2,058 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post

    CDC Warns Of ‘impending Doom’ Of COVID Surges And Deaths.


    "Dr. Rochelle Walensky: I'm going to lose the script, and I'm going to reflect on the recurring feeling I have of impending doom."

    [Judy Woodruff] "We hear Dr. Rochelle Walensky at the CDC speak of impending doom. These are some of the most sobering words we have heard from the administration in weeks. Are they warranted?

    Dr. Leana Wen:


    Well, Judy, we are seeing that the number of cases are now increasing.

    First, there was a plateau, and now they're increasing, with specific hot spots across the country. We have seen this playbook before. We know what happens next, which is that we will also see a rise in hospitalizations, and, unfortunately, a rise in deaths after that."

    "I want to urge people to get vaccinated when it is your turn, to really keep your risk to a minimum until then and then, after that, know you are very well-protected, but still keep on wearing a mask while in public."

    "It is often framed as, we're now in this race of vaccines vs. variants. And to some extent, that is true, because we do have more transmissible variants. And when we have something that is more transmissible, it means that the activities that we once thought were pretty safe are now going to be higher risk, because something spreads more easily.

    There is a third factor, though, here as well, and that's human behavior. We are seeing restrictions being lifted all over the country. In many states, everything can be operating at 100 percent capacity. And I actually understand the reason to do that. We want our businesses to come back.

    But I don't understand the lifting of mask mandates, because, for the time being, we need to understand masks and vaccines as the ticket back to pre-pandemic normal. That's our ticket out of this pandemic."

    ***

    Do something for your country, anti-maskers, anti-vaxers. Get the vaccine. Wear a mask. Do like your fellow Americans are doing. It's the patriotic thing to do!
    Dude, there's a difference between the CDC "warning of" and the CDC director saying "recurring feeling I have of impending doom." She's concerned. I get it. Human behavior in large groups is only somewhat predictable. What she's seeing is the US running up thousands, if not additional tens of thousands of needless deaths because some people are too fucking stupid to get a vaccine.

    IMO, there's a lot to be said for "Evolution in action".

    FWIW, I'll get my second Moderna Tuesday and fully expect to take Wednesday off. Not a BFD.
    Stripping Americans of their rights, regardless if inalienable or unenumerated, is against American ideals

  6. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    17,766
    Thanks
    9,707
    Thanked 9,159 Times in 6,308 Posts
    Groans
    179
    Groaned 321 Times in 315 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Will Pres.Moron ever get around to blaming China, and demand accountability....or does he lack the balls of our previous POTUS?
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..


    De Oppresso Liber

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

    Callinectes (04-19-2021), Wolverine (04-19-2021)

  8. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    25,390
    Thanks
    16,550
    Thanked 13,193 Times in 9,058 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 5,154 Times in 4,465 Posts

    Default

    Hello Dutch Uncle,

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Dude, there's a difference between the CDC "warning of" and the CDC director saying "recurring feeling I have of impending doom." She's concerned. I get it. Human behavior in large groups is only somewhat predictable. What she's seeing is the US running up thousands, if not additional tens of thousands of needless deaths because some people are too fucking stupid to get a vaccine.

    IMO, there's a lot to be said for "Evolution in action".

    FWIW, I'll get my second Moderna Tuesday and fully expect to take Wednesday off. Not a BFD.
    Well then you're doing your part. You have a right to speak your mind.

    I didn't write the headline. All I did was post it. Is PBS guilty of sensationalizing it? Perhaps. But then why would they do such a thing. To get through to people? To save lives?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

    evince (04-18-2021)

  10. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    134,471
    Thanks
    40,475
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 17,530 Posts
    Groans
    8
    Groaned 18,879 Times in 17,489 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post

    CDC Warns Of ‘impending Doom’ Of COVID Surges And Deaths.


    "Dr. Rochelle Walensky: I'm going to lose the script, and I'm going to reflect on the recurring feeling I have of impending doom."

    [Judy Woodruff] "We hear Dr. Rochelle Walensky at the CDC speak of impending doom. These are some of the most sobering words we have heard from the administration in weeks. Are they warranted?

    Dr. Leana Wen:


    Well, Judy, we are seeing that the number of cases are now increasing.

    First, there was a plateau, and now they're increasing, with specific hot spots across the country. We have seen this playbook before. We know what happens next, which is that we will also see a rise in hospitalizations, and, unfortunately, a rise in deaths after that."

    "I want to urge people to get vaccinated when it is your turn, to really keep your risk to a minimum until then and then, after that, know you are very well-protected, but still keep on wearing a mask while in public."

    "It is often framed as, we're now in this race of vaccines vs. variants. And to some extent, that is true, because we do have more transmissible variants. And when we have something that is more transmissible, it means that the activities that we once thought were pretty safe are now going to be higher risk, because something spreads more easily.

    There is a third factor, though, here as well, and that's human behavior. We are seeing restrictions being lifted all over the country. In many states, everything can be operating at 100 percent capacity. And I actually understand the reason to do that. We want our businesses to come back.

    But I don't understand the lifting of mask mandates, because, for the time being, we need to understand masks and vaccines as the ticket back to pre-pandemic normal. That's our ticket out of this pandemic."

    ***

    Do something for your country, anti-maskers, anti-vaxers. Get the vaccine. Wear a mask. Do like your fellow Americans are doing. It's the patriotic thing to do!
    What happens when everyone but trumpers and their Q friends get vaccinated


    Will they create variants while they die


    We get boosters and they spread is among themselves until it dies out or kills them all?


    It’s a really weird counter productive lie to persist with for them

  11. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    32,567
    Thanks
    201
    Thanked 14,044 Times in 9,780 Posts
    Groans
    4,019
    Groaned 3,220 Times in 2,991 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    Will Pres.Moron ever get around to blaming China, and demand accountability....or does he lack the balls of our previous POTUS?
    Such a dumb right-wing thing to say. There is no proof according to people who track the origins of viruses. You should inform them of your superior knowledge which cannot be refuted or argued with.
    OK, let's pretend they did it. Exactly how should we blame China? Perhaps at the UN? What is our payoff for that?
    What did Trump get for bitching at China and calling the virus childish names? Were we safer?

  12. The Following User Groans At Nordberg For This Awful Post:

    Primavera (04-18-2021)

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

    PoliTalker (04-18-2021)

  14. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    25,390
    Thanks
    16,550
    Thanked 13,193 Times in 9,058 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 5,154 Times in 4,465 Posts

    Default

    Hello evince,

    Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    What happens when everyone but trumpers and their Q friends get vaccinated


    Will they create variants while they die


    We get boosters and they spread is among themselves until it dies out or kills them all?


    It’s a really weird counter productive lie to persist with for them
    COVID is a highly selective killer. Very few who get the disease and pass it around end up dying themselves. That's one of the reasons it is so resilient.

    There's no rhyme or reason to it.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

  15. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    57,725
    Thanks
    3,505
    Thanked 17,837 Times in 12,379 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 627 Times in 594 Posts

    Default

    A large number of people are getting vaccinated yet the CDC is warning of impending doom? No wonder people start to tune these fools out. Do they really desire we shut the country down again? This is asinine.

  16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

    Callinectes (04-19-2021), Darth Omar (04-19-2021), leaningright (04-18-2021), Life is Golden (04-19-2021), Primavera (04-18-2021)

  17. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    134,471
    Thanks
    40,475
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 17,530 Posts
    Groans
    8
    Groaned 18,879 Times in 17,489 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    But if the only people not vaccinated keep passing it among themselves there will be variants created


    Us vaccinated people will keep getting the boosters for the emerging variants


    Why didn’t we do natural heard immunity ?


    Because the price is lots of death and sickness


    There are lingering issues for many even if the do make it through


    They are killing their own fellow adherents


    While the smart stay current with the vaccines


    The deaths will be among them

    It makes no sense to persist in this tact


    What do they gain?

  18. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    38,425
    Thanks
    11,306
    Thanked 16,854 Times in 13,070 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 2,100 Times in 2,058 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Dutch Uncle,



    Well then you're doing your part. You have a right to speak your mind.

    I didn't write the headline. All I did was post it. Is PBS guilty of sensationalizing it? Perhaps. But then why would they do such a thing. To get through to people? To save lives?
    By posting it, without comment, you are tacitly agreeing with it. Should we hold any of the RWNJs to a different standard?

    Using emotional rhetoric works to an extent, but overall it breeds distrust since it's dishonest.
    Stripping Americans of their rights, regardless if inalienable or unenumerated, is against American ideals

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Dutch Uncle For This Post:

    anonymoose (04-19-2021)

  20. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    134,471
    Thanks
    40,475
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 17,530 Posts
    Groans
    8
    Groaned 18,879 Times in 17,489 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    A large number of people are getting vaccinated yet the CDC is warning of impending doom? No wonder people start to tune these fools out. Do they really desire we shut the country down again? This is asinine.
    It’s slowing


    Many republicans keep claiming they will never get protected with a vaccine

    It’s republicans who will die wack

    They can’t pass it to liberals

    We will get the shots to protect our Lives


    A large swath of republicans will be the ones getting sick and getting the new variants



    What do any of you gain for this tact?

  21. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    134,471
    Thanks
    40,475
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 17,530 Posts
    Groans
    8
    Groaned 18,879 Times in 17,489 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    By posting it, without comment, you are tacitly agreeing with it. Should we hold any of the RWNJs to a different standard?

    Using emotional rhetoric works to an extent, but overall it breeds distrust since it's dishonest.


    Nope


    It’s let’s discuss this


    Always has been

  22. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    25,390
    Thanks
    16,550
    Thanked 13,193 Times in 9,058 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 5,154 Times in 4,465 Posts

    Default

    Hello cawacko,

    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    A large number of people are getting vaccinated yet the CDC is warning of impending doom? No wonder people start to tune these fools out. Do they really desire we shut the country down again? This is asinine.
    Everybody's goal is that we all get our lives back and be done with the pandemic. Ignoring, wishing and pretending has not made that happen, so we are going to have to coordinate our actions on logical mass measures.

    People have a choice.

    We can be part of the solution, or we can be part of what keeps the pandemic going.

    Let's all choose to get our lives back by doing what we need to do to rid ourselves of this menace.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

  23. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    18,793
    Thanks
    1,205
    Thanked 5,340 Times in 4,343 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 210 Times in 199 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    The CDC is out of credibility....too many lies....too much incompetence.....too much desire to rob me of my freedom.
    What you think does not necessarily have anything to do with reality.<<<<<<<<<Life As A House

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

    Callinectes (04-19-2021)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-01-2021, 06:12 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-31-2020, 05:52 AM
  3. Fauci now warns of 200,00 Coronavirus deaths.
    By Tacomaman in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-31-2020, 03:00 PM
  4. Fauci warns US could see more than 100,000 deaths
    By floridafan in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 03-30-2020, 04:54 PM
  5. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-14-2016, 01:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •