Thread: China's demographics problem

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,109 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default China's demographics problem

China has a problem re birthrates and the median age of their population. I have argued that this is part of the reason why the Chinese are in such a rush to kick our asses but that this is not going to prevent them from doing so. I see today that Stu CVRK, who is right a high percentage of the time, seriously questions the claim of mine that the future is the Empire.

A delicate balancing act and challenge for China’s “authoritarian capitalism” model! Some have claimed that “Communist economist” is an oxymoron based on past performance, with the ChiComs’ vaunted growth bubble likely burst due to a host of problems, e.g., massive default risks, over-built real estate, an increasing ratio of corporate debt to GDP, a looming debt crisis, and opaque financial reporting. While attempting to balance the aforementioned economic challenges in the near term, will the country that some say invented corruption (or certainly perfected it over the years) be able to pull a rabbit out of a hat and keep their people pacified sufficiently through increased living standards to keep the Chinese Communist Party in power? Or will the demographics monster strike them down as happened to Russia and Japan? Demographics drive a country’s destiny!
    https://redstate.com/stu-in-sd/2021/...estiny-n365761

Thoughts?
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,073 Times in 7,504 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,104 Times in 1,049 Posts

The lovely Asians who prepare some of my very favorite food seem to live here.
    It would be a hell of a commute if they didn't.
    I like them.

My mandarin isn't quite good enough for me to discuss birth rates, but what would be a good thing to ask?
    All I can say is 谢谢你.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,243 Times in 13,968 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    China has a problem re birthrates and the median age of their population. I have argued that this is part of the reason why the Chinese are in such a rush to kick our asses but that this is not going to prevent them from doing so. I see today that Stu CVRK, who is right a high percentage of the time, seriously questions the claim of mine that the future is the Empire.

https://redstate.com/stu-in-sd/2021/...estiny-n365761

Thoughts?
    Interesting read, but makes little sense

To begin, the check the growing influence of China was the purpose of TPP, to unite all of Asia in a trade agreement that would have isolated China in its own backyard, however, we all know what happened to that

The population theme doesn't make any sense, China could actually lose half of its population due to birth rates and still be twice the size of the United States, plus their median age is the same as the our median age, 38, so it is diffiuclt to see where you are going with that (https://www.worldometers.info/world-...on-by-country/)

And to think the Chinese Communist Party is going to lose power for any number of reasons is wishful thinking, the current leadership may be replaced, but the Party and autocratic rule is always going to govern with an iron fist

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Interesting read, but makes little sense

To begin, the check the growing influence of China was the purpose of TPP, to unite all of Asia in a trade agreement that would have isolated China in its own backyard, however, we all know what happened to that

The population theme doesn't make any sense, China could actually lose half of its population due to birth rates and still be twice the size of the United States, plus their median age is the same as the our median age, 38, so it is diffiuclt to see where you are going with that (https://www.worldometers.info/world-...on-by-country/)

And to think the Chinese Communist Party is going to lose power for any number of reasons is wishful thinking, the current leadership may be replaced, but the Party and autocratic rule is always going to govern with an iron fist
    It does make sense, because Russia is a shell of what it once was and reduced to being a very junior partner of China and Japan is a rapidly shrinking zombie nation. Declining populations and increasingly age of the population drain resources from that nation. How long can the Chinese keep this plan of theirs together given the demographic problem is what Stu is asking, and let us be clear this is one of the most important questions of out time, because the Chinese are coming for us.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I point out that there was in China serious consideration given to the theory that SARS-COV2 was purposed by the Party to get rid of old Chinese people so that they would not be a burden to the Party to the county and to the Empire.

What are we to make of the fact that the Chinese people think this way?

DARK AGES SUCK!

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,243 Times in 13,968 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    It does make sense, because Russia is a shell of what it once was and reduced to being a very junior partner of China and Japan is a rapidly shrinking zombie nation. Declining populations and increasingly age of the population drain resources from that nation. How long can the Chinese keep this plan of theirs together given the demographic problem is what Stu is asking, and let us be clear this is one of the most important questions of out time, because the Chinese are coming for us.
    Russia and Japan's population now or before are incomparable to that of China's, and given the huge numbers, China's population is actually growing faster than that of the United States, so I don't see where you are getting this populating point from, facts don't show it

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Russia and Japan's population now or before are incomparable to that of China's, and given the huge numbers, China's population is actually growing faster than that of the United States, so I don't see where you are getting this populating point from, facts don't show it
    Because of trends and because pretty much always increasing wealth means decreasing birth rate, and Chinese wealth is escalating rapidly.

DARK AGES SUCK!

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The reason why I dont expect a problem is because a part of the plan of the New Chinese Empire, this time it is global, is to extract wealth from around the world and use some of that to import the labor that they want/need. All that is required is to extract enough wealth to pay the needs, which I say will not be a problem, because the Chinese are ruthless motherfuckers.

DARK AGES SUCK!