Thread: Why are the majority of mass shooters

1. #256 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,174 Times in 10,392 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    This does not happen in other countries. Something is going very wrong here.
    The “something” is obvious. Except to the barrel strokers.

2. #257 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,632 Times in 4,084 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,357 Times in 1,282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    Where is the mystery? White men on the right are losing their sense of privilege and entitlement. They’re losing their sense of purpose because it was based on a lie, the lie that they are better than everyone else. Obviously a really hard pill to swallow when they discover they aren’t any better than anyone else, in fact, right wingers really NEED the privilege of whiteness to have any concept of self-worth. TRUTH is closing in on them and they are losing their minds.

These are lizard-men who have no soul, no spirituality, no humanity. No one is listening to them, not even their wives. The only thing that listens are their guns, bombs, and anything else they can murder innocent people with. No remorse. Most of them kill themselve because they lack the courage to face their own cowardly evil.
    I look at it this way....racism is a by-product....low hanging fruit for these yahoos to go after because they can't/won't attack the folk at the top of our economic food chain WHO LOOK JUST LIKE THEM.

So anyone who is NOT a minority but disagrees with them is a traitor (lib'ral, commie, etc.). The Jan.6th insurrection was the first real onslaught against the perceived aforementioned ... the joke is that it was one of the "elites" who egged the dummies on...a person who makes his money building hotels that his supporters can't afford. Go figure.

Ever since that NY Times article from the early 1990's pointed out that "white" Americans will be the minority population by 2040, and that white folk internationally are a minority population, a lot of folk just ain't been right.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

christiefan915 (04-18-2021)

4. #258 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,174 Times in 10,392 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Maybe it is unfair, but we usually count the number of dead to get what is and is not a mass shooting. Here there was only one dead.
    Mass shootings are typically defined as 4 or more people shot, not the number of fatalities.

5. #259 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taft2016 View Post
    Quite simple: if a black gangbanger lights up eight dues in the inner city it isn't a "mass shooting" drawing in all the news media.

Generally a media recognized "mass shooter" is a only white guy. They may call in a non-white mass shooter if a narrative being spun desperately needs one.
    You confuse criminal activity that results in murder with the purposeful killing of innocents by a lone assailant with a personal grievance. Your last sentence is complete BS at least, pure supposition and conjecture at most.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

7. #260 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,484 Times in 1,806 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 431 Times in 393 Posts

Maybe it is unfair, but we usually count the number of dead to get what is and is not a mass shooting. Here there was only one dead.
    Then that would be "mass murder."

8. #261 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,484 Times in 1,806 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 431 Times in 393 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    You confuse criminal activity that results in murder with the purposeful killing of innocents by a lone assailant with a personal grievance. Your last sentence is complete BS at least, pure supposition and conjecture at most.
    I'm sure the dead would be amused by your idiotic gymnastics.

9. #262 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quite simple: if a black gangbanger lights up eight dues in the inner city it isn't a "mass shooting" drawing in all the news media.

Generally a media recognized "mass shooter" is a only white guy. They may call in a non-white mass shooter if a narrative being spun desperately needs one.
    I'm sure the dead would be amused by your idiotic gymnastics.
    Ahhh, that would be pure projection on your part, toodles. By your generalization here, I could compare auto accident deaths to those killed in cross fire or stray bullets. But FYI, gangland shootings of 10 and up rival criminal gang members have been called "massacres" in the press, don't cha know. My previous statement stands valid, and that just burns your ass.

George Orwell

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

11. #263 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Walt,

If the average person needs 100 tons of water a year, and there are 10 billion people, that would be 1 trillion tons of water a year, or about 1000 cubic kilometers. There are 1,338,000,000 cubic kilometers, so that would increase salinization by one millionth every year... OR WOULD IT???

None of the normal uses of water destroy it. We dirty the water, but we do not destroy the water. The used water either becomes sewerage, or evaporates. Either way, it ends up back in the ocean, so the volume of the ocean should not change.

The only thing I can think of that destroys water is turning it into hydrogen. That is exceedingly rare these days, but may become more common in the future. The reason one would create hydrogen is as a partible energy source, and it would be recombined with oxygen to create water. In theory, that would mean the same amount of water, but it is possible there could be some lossage in that process. Who can tell, it is the future.
    Get OUTTA here!

Did you just calculate the ocean salinity increase of desalinating all human water usage?

Pretty impressive. If those assumptions are correct.

The mighty Colorado River reached the sea up until about the 1960's. Now, it rarely does at all. 100 years earlier, steamboats used to carry passengers from the mouth to points upriver.

It supplies water for about 40 million people. If we wanted to put another 40 million people in that space, where would we get another Colorado River?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

12. #264 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,512 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

What they? When YOU come for me, I am worried about who will defend me.
    Why not defend yourself?
    It's funny how so many here haven't the balls to defend themselves, yet say they'll defend this country.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

13. #265 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,624 Times in 51,916 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Well, in the case of the Amazon shooter, I read something interesting in the paper today...

A year before (give or take) this guy was checked into a mental health facility for being suicidal and had bought a shotgun. He was known to have mental health issues around suicide. He bought the firearm he used this time just days before the incident, and obviously passed the background check, possibly lying on the form about his mental health history.

In his case, it appears that neither red flag laws nor a background check stopped him from buying the weapon.
    The Fedex shooter? Yes, I saw where he was investigated by the FBI after his mother was concerned about his possible desires for suicide-by-cop. Nothing came of it. I'm surprised the Red Flag law didn't pop, but then again, due process. A year had passed and I don't know the ins and outs of Red Flag laws in Indiana. Notice in the link below is says "temporarily". IMO, the main problem is a lack of mental health care and supporting legislation. Is there any doubt this young man needed help? Why didn't he get it before he harmed others and himself?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...alth-epidemic/
    The Justice Department, within 60 days, will publish model “red flag” legislation for states. Red flag laws allow family members or law enforcement to petition for a court order temporarily barring people in crisis from accessing firearms if they present a danger to themselves or others. The President urges Congress to pass an appropriate national “red flag” law, as well as legislation incentivizing states to pass “red flag” laws of their own. In the interim, the Justice Department’s published model legislation will make it easier for states that want to adopt red flag laws to do so.

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-17-2021)

15. #266 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

For anybody who has a problem with the white men committing higher percentage of mass shootings, here's the graph.

If you sum up the total of non-whites on the graph, you'll see it doesn't come close.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-17-2021)

17. #267 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,512 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Obviously to anyone outside the USA, and the majority of people inside the USA, but not obvious to the people who support the Child Molesting NRA. I really do not think it is about guns anymore. The NRA is more about child molesting and stealing money.
    "Child molesting NRA?

That's a pretty fucking disingenuous accusation there, Walt Where is the proof of this pathetic accusation?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

18. #268 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 661 Times in 608 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Aggrieved white males with mental health issues?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/at...ay/ar-BB1fHUPB
    Its probably because the lawlessly hacked in tRump gutter insurgency of the sewer and his un America GOPers, engaged in conspiracies with their prostituted out foreign enemies of America to promote a environment of atrocities, chaos and violence against society and regardless of who one is at not only being on a mission to destroy Democracy from within but also the common decency of global humanity.

19. #269 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,131 Times in 9,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    "Child molesting NRA?

That's a pretty fucking disingenuous accusation there, Walt Where is the proof of this pathetic accusation?
    these morons are desperate. their narrative is failing. they're failures. and they suck.

20. #270 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,093 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

I look at it this way....racism is a by-product....low hanging fruit for these yahoos to go after because they can't/won't attack the folk at the top of our economic food chain WHO LOOK JUST LIKE THEM.

So anyone who is NOT a minority but disagrees with them is a traitor (lib'ral, commie, etc.). The Jan.6th insurrection was the first real onslaught against the perceived aforementioned ... the joke is that it was one of the "elites" who egged the dummies on...a person who makes his money building hotels that his supporters can't afford. Go figure.

Ever since that NY Times article from the early 1990's pointed out that "white" Americans will be the minority population by 2040, and that white folk internationally are a minority population, a lot of folk just ain't been right.
    Your last sentence says it all. Who cares, really? They'll still be Americans no matter the color.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

21. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Taichiliberal (04-18-2021)