Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are the majority of mass shooters

1. #196 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,086 Times in 25,662 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    A lot of the mass shooters/terrorists are in their 50's and 60's. It seems like a time that you would calm down in life, but they are revving up. I really do not understand it.

Actually, RB here meets the profile nearly exactly. Maybe RB can explain to us where the anger comes from?
    We just completed the first quarter of 2021 and look at the number of shootings. I don't know when people are going to start taking this seriously.

"As of March 31, 126 mass shootings fit the Mass Shooting Tracker project criterion, leaving 148 people dead and 481 injured, for a total of 629 total victims, some including the shooter(s)."

Their website has the number bumped to 172 if you include April.

https://www.massshootingtracker.site/data/?year=2021

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

2. #197 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,759 Times in 7,263 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    We just completed the first quarter of 2021 and look at the number of shootings. I don't know when people are going to start taking this seriously.
    We're Americans.
    It's simply what we do.
    Asking Americans to not shoot is like asking scorpions to not sting.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

3. #198 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    We're Americans.
    It's simply what we do.
    Asking Americans to not shoot is like asking scorpions to not sting.
    I agree. Violence is glorified in America.

― Charles Dickens

4. #199 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I would have guessed that it's genetically baked in, but we're so diverse that such would be hard to explain.
    Maybe it's culturally baked in.

5. #200 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,172 Times in 10,390 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    If you move that entire chart one square to the Left and skew the left side down about one and the right side up about one, it's about correct. Not completely, but closer to reality.
    Cherry pick all you want. It doesn’t change the fact that so many RWers on this forum routinely cite the conspiracy/propaganda sites. The Blaze is merely one of many.

KOS and Alternet are the only ones that I ever see quoted by the left on this forum that even remotely approach those for lies and misinformation. REMOTELY is the key word.

6. #201 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,572 Times in 51,893 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Why are the majority of mass shooters
    Aggrieved white males with mental health issues?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/at...ay/ar-BB1fHUPB
    A simple question with a complex answer. Most mass shootings are same race on same race or, at least, on same economic level and male. The maleness is the common link since female mass shooters, regardless of race, are exceptionally rare.

It takes money to buy guns which is why poor people rarely have them and the middle class owns the majority of firearms in the USA. Like women catching up to men in dying of smoking-induced cancer, all non-white races are catching up to whites in economics. This should translate into more "equal opportunity mass murders" without an increase in mental healthcare.

Mental health care and supporting legislation. All of the notorious mass shooters were mentally ill including Brandon Scott Hole, 19 years old, who the FBI investigated last year due to his mother's concerns about him desires to commit suicide by cop. Note that most mass shooters cap themselves at the end. As we say in Texas, "that ain't right." The FBI's hands were tied with Brandon just as Florida cop's hands were tied with Nikolas Cruz and other nutjobs who were known to be nuts such as Jared Loughner and James Holmes.

https://www.census.gov/library/stori...s-in-2019.html

https://apnews.com/article/fedex-ind...2c71a2903e68a8
    The former employee who shot and killed eight people at a FedEx facility in Indianapolis was interviewed by FBI agents last year, after his mother called police to say that her son might commit “suicide by cop,” the bureau said Friday, as investigators searched for a motive in the latest mass shooting to rock the U.S.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

7. #202 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello T. A. Gardner,

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    If you move that entire chart one square to the Left and skew the left side down about one and the right side up about one, it's about correct. Not completely, but closer to reality.
    I don't *THINK* so.

That would result in no 'most extreme right' media sources at all. And we know that's not true.

It would also place Fox as 'skews right' instead of 'hyper partisan.'

Ridiculous.

The chart looks accurate to me.

But that view is understandable. Many conservatives think they are the center of everything, and that most of the media is liberal. It's very common for conservatives to be out of touch with reality. It's amusing that they wanna be on the right, but they don't want to admit it. What's that all about? If people wish to embrace certain views, fine, why don't they just own it? Is there shame in being conservative?

I have zero problem with being liberal. I am GLAD to be liberal. It's the compassionate and logical place to be for a member of the human collective. We live in societies. We are social animals. We are not loners, and we enjoy the benefits of living in society. We are far better off for having society than we are from individualism. Might as well admit it and deal with it. We depend on one another. Now, during the pandemic, more than ever.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

domer76 (04-17-2021)

9. #203 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,168 Times in 5,906 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 593 Times in 557 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    The Blaze? Are you fucking kidding?

Lower right quadrant for morons, idiots, conspiracists.

I'm sure Cummie123 knows all about The Blaze and its poor record on facts and truthful reporting. Cummie123 doesn't care if what he says is bullshit. She just cares about how many other poor, gullible, naive morons she can get to swallow this bullshit.
    There are plenty of radical right wing Qanon, Proud Boy losers who will swallow this and disseminate it to other radical right wing extremists.
    Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

10. #204 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There are lots of clues.

When I was a kid in the 1950s, parents thought it was fine for us to watch films with cowboys and "Indians" killing one another savagely, but thought it unseemly for us to see so much as a bare female breast on the screen.

More sophisticated Europeans kept their kids away from violent movies, but the moms went topless when the family was at the beach.

It may not be quite as bad now, at least on the two coasts, but we definitely have culture problems in this country.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NiftyNiblick For This Post:

christiefan915 (04-17-2021)

12. #205 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There are lots of clues.

When I was a kid in the 1950s, parents thought it was fine for us to watch films with cowboys and "Indians" killing one another savagely, but thought it unseemly for us to see so much as a bare female breast on the screen.

More sophisticated Europeans kept their kids away from violent movies, but the moms went topless when the family was at the beach.

It may not be quite as bad now, at least on the two coasts, but we definitely have culture problems in this country.
    I think it's weird, the panic and outrage over a nip slip, for example, over gratuitous violence. And the double standards, as in the Janet Jackson-Justin Timberlake fiasco. He planned that episode, suffered no repercussions from it, but JJ had her songs banned from the radio along with other career damage. </feminist rant>

This country still has a lot of growing up to do regarding what's normal and natural with the human body.

― Charles Dickens

13. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-17-2021)

14. #206 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,918 Times in 13,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 829 Times in 788 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello T. A. Gardner,

I don't *THINK* so.

That would result in no 'most extreme right' media sources at all. And we know that's not true.

Ridiculous.

But that view is understandable. Many conservatives think they are the center of everything, and that most of the media is liberal. It's very common for conservatives to be out of touch with reality. It's amusing that they wanna be on the right, but they don't want to admit it. What's that all about? If people wish to embrace certain views, fine, why don't they just own it? Is there shame in being conservative?

I have zero problem with being liberal. I am GLAD to be liberal. It's the compassionate and logical place to be for a member of the human collective. We live in societies. We are social animals. We are not loners, and we enjoy the benefits of living in society. We are far better off for having society than we are from individualism. Might as well admit it and deal with it. We depend on one another. Now, during the pandemic, more than ever.
    I did say not completely. But as it is, many sources both Right and Left are skewed to the Right by about one square and skewed up and down respectively by the same. As one glaring example of this, Fox News is rated more extreme and unfair / biased than the The Young Turks Network. The later is just short of radical Leftist propaganda and little more than opinion. Or the positioning of CNN. There is no way in hell CNN is "neutral" in their reporting. They even admit as much themselves.

One way to tell this is generally correct is to look at polling of persons on the Left v. Right and their opinions and positions believed the side holds. The Left is generally badly wrong about what the Right thinks, while the Right is generally correct in their views of the Left.

https://theindependentwhig.com/haidt...conservatives/
    https://fee.org/articles/why-conserv...nd-vice-versa/
    https://quillette.com/2018/03/10/psy...ive-hostility/

Whoever made that chart has some serious bias of their own to deal with.

15. #207 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,126 Times in 9,657 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 503 Times in 476 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drummie123 View Post
    You are one silly, masochistic, Nazi blimp.

What will you do when you want to stop this little game, but I won't oblige you?

shit my pants I spose.

16. #208 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello T. A. Gardner,

I don't *THINK* so.

Ridiculous.

we are individuals and living in a society. when you obscure human nature because you wish it was something else, all your predictive models lose accuracy because you're a fucking moron.

17. #209 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I think it's weird, the panic and outrage over a nip slip, for example, over gratuitous violence. And the double standards, as in the Janet Jackson-Justin Timberlake fiasco. He planned that episode, suffered no repercussions from it, but JJ had her songs banned from the radio along with other career damage. </feminist rant>

This country still has a lot of growing up to do regarding what's normal and natural with the human body.
    right. and puberty blockers for children is normal and natural.

18. #210 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There are lots of clues.

definitely true. europe has its own problems. like the indigineous people being susceptible to being shamed out of their own will to live by insane jews.