Members banned from this thread: evince and CharacterAssassin

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Blacks Are Too Stupid to Obtain Voter ID?

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 130 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Why do you believe blacks are too lazy to bother to get free ID’s so they can vote?
    That is simply just a brain dead question. That would only come from a hate Nazi, bigoted brain dead.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jbander For This Post:

evince (04-17-2021)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,509 Times in 7,590 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jbander View Post
    That is simply just a brain dead question. That would only come from a hate Nazi, bigoted brain dead.
    I don’t think blacks are too stupid or lazy to get an ID. That would be you apparently .

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Whose sock puppet do you belong to?

Disagreed since the main reason for Voter ID is election integrity. The problem isn't requiring an ID. The problem is ensuring all American voters have equal and convenient access to Voter ID.

BTW, it's a great way to identify illegals.
    Illegals don't vote and there is no voter fraud, so if those are your reasons ,then that just verifies the fact that it is a waste of time , other then taking away the votes of Democrats By the Bonzo space monkeys of the right.you are a joke. I got to admit I do enjoy it when a space monkey steps right up and verifies the stupid stamp written on their forehead. It is kind of fun, don't you think?

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don’t think blacks are too stupid or lazy to get an ID. That would be you apparently .
    I have to wonder how dumb a person has to believe your bullshit nonsense and the way you bring it out is third grade at the most.

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,625 Times in 52,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,516 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Blog Entries

Me neither. OTOH, poor people are regularly disenfranchised due to both the cost of obtaining an ID and politically biased closure of polling stations in poor areas. It's clearly biased and anti-American to disenfranchise any American voters.

https://newsroom.niu.edu/2020/10/13/...in-your-state/
    Other factors that make voters jump through more hoops in some states include strict voter ID laws, cumbersome absentee voting processes and a lack of early voting options.

The initial Cost of Voting Index, which examined two decades of data, was published in 2018. In recent years, the researchers have seen dynamic changes in voting laws. States that moved up considerably on the ease-of-vote ranking, by making concerted efforts to make the voting process more hassle-free, include Virginia, Michigan, Hawaii, Vermont, Ohio, New York, South Dakota, Washington, Illinois and Rhode Island.

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Right wingers are like arguing with 6 year olds. Boy they can really bring the tough stuff.

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Illegals don't vote and there is no voter fraud, so if those are your reasons ,then that just verifies the fact that it is a waste of time , other then taking away the votes of Democrats By the Bonzo space monkeys of the right.you are a joke. I got to admit I do enjoy it when a space monkey steps right up and verifies the stupid stamp written on their forehead. It is kind of fun, don't you think?
    Care to place a wager? Here's a hint: note the difference between State voting laws and Federal voting laws.

Voter fraud exists, but it's rare. No voter fraud has ever swayed an election. Not even in 2016 as many of the LWLs screamed happened.

Sorry, I don't speak sock puppet so I have no idea what "Bonzo space monkeys" means.

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Care to place a wager? Here's a hint: note the difference between State voting laws and Federal voting laws.

Voter fraud exists, but it's rare. No voter fraud has ever swayed an election. Not even in 2016 as many of the LWLs screamed happened.

Sorry, I don't speak sock puppet so I have no idea what "Bonzo space monkeys" means.
    Nonsense, total bullshit. Immigrants don't vote and there is no voter fraud. you have no argument. Heritage foundation did a in depth study on voter fraud for many years , in all those many years they did the study, 4 people were found guilty of voter fraud in a presidential election, three by Republicans and one by a democrat.

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Nonsense, total bullshit. Immigrants don't vote and there is no voter fraud. you have no argument. Heritage foundation did a in depth study on voter fraud for many years , in all those many years they did the study, 4 people were found guilty of voter fraud in a presidential election, three by Republicans and one by a democrat.
    Dude, you really need to screen your own posts to avoid looking stupid. Of course immigrants can vote. It depends upon the state or if they've been naturalized.

Voter fraud exists, despite your lies that it doesn't. OTOH, the Republicans lie about how often it occurs, so you're equal to a Trumpster.

Good thing you are smart enough to not bet me.

https://ballotpedia.org/Laws_permitt..._United_States
    In 1996, the U.S. Congress passed a law prohibiting noncitizens from voting in federal elections, such as U.S. House, U.S. Senate, and presidential elections. Federal law did not address state or local elections.[1]

As of March 2020, two state constitutions specified that noncitizens may not vote in state and local elections: Arizona's and North Dakota's. No state constitutions explicitly allowed noncitizens to vote in state or local elections.[2]

Ten municipalities across the country allowed noncitizens to vote in local elections as of March 2020. Nine were located in Maryland. The other was San Francisco, California.

According to the Pew Research Center, there were approximately 25 million noncitizens living in the U.S. as of 2017. That included 12.3 million permanent residents and 2.2 million temporary residents in the country with legal permission and 10.5 million living in the country without legal permission

https://www.demos.org/sites/default/...s/Analysis.pdf
    The September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks spurred a major legislative initiative, the Real ID Act of 2005,
    which requires states to meet costly minimum security standards for drivers’ licenses that many fear will
    move the country toward a system of national ID—with negative consequences for electoral participation.1

Voter ID debates currently raging across the states join the disparate issues of voter fraud and election
    integrity, security against terrorist attacks, and identification requirements. Proponents argue that more
    stringent ID requirements like those embodied in a “Real ID” driver’s license are needed to protect against
    voter fraud at the polls, and opponents argue that voter ID is a solution in search of a problem.

https://www.brennancenter.org/sites/...Fraud_Myth.pdf
     A comprehensive 2014 study published in The Washington Post found 31 credible instances of
    impersonation fraud from 2000 to 2014, out of more than 1 billion ballots cast. Even this tiny
    number is likely inflated, as the study’s author counted not just prosecutions or convictions, but
    any and all credible claims.
     Two studies done at Arizona State University, one in 2012 and another in 2016, found similarly
    negligible rates of impersonation fraud. The project found 10 cases of voter impersonation fraud
    nationwide from 2000-2012. The follow-up study, which looked for fraud specifically in states
    where politicians have argued that fraud is a pernicious problem, found zero successful
    prosecutions for impersonation fraud in five states from 2012-2016.
     A review of the 2016 election found four documented cases of voter fraud.

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I’ll tell you this: Our last mayoral election was mail in and thousands never received a ballot including me. I have ID, a voter registration card yet to vote I would have had to stand in line for about 2 hours at one of the two polling places available. I stood in line for about 40 or 50 minutes chatting with the other folks in line . NONE of them had received a ballot. ALL were from precincts that traditionally vote conservative. Our assembly and (acting) mayor are far left with an agenda to turn our once fair city into another Portland.
    Fortunately conservative voters cherish their right to vote , many stood in line for hours, and it appears we will make a course correction in the runoff.
    Eventually I gave up and for possibly the first time in my life I didn’t vote. And I vote in EVERY election, no matter how insignificant. I hadn’t budgeted that much time unexpectedly.

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,098 Times in 7,521 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,106 Times in 1,051 Posts

Voter fraud is almost non-existent.
    Vote suppression is our serious problem.

But immigrants certainly DO vote.
    People who make the effort to become naturalized citizens take voting pretty seriously.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

13. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Vote suppression is our serious problem.
    See post above yours.

14. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,098 Times in 7,521 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,106 Times in 1,051 Posts

See post above yours.
    Yup. Vote suppression.
    I believe in mail-in voting in principle, but actually vote at the polls on election day.
    I'm always in and out in a few minutes.
    This is in several precincts since 1968, not just certain ones.

Some localities just don't do their jobs. That's vote suppression.
    It's also why I have more faith in central government than in home rule.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

15. The Following User Says Thank You to NiftyNiblick For This Post:

anonymoose (04-17-2021)

16. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Dude, you really need to screen your own posts to avoid looking stupid. Of course immigrants can vote. It depends upon the state or if they've been naturalized.

Voter fraud exists, despite your lies that it doesn't. OTOH, the Republicans lie about how often it occurs, so you're equal to a Trumpster.

Good thing you are smart enough to not bet me.

https://ballotpedia.org/Laws_permitt..._United_States
    In 1996, the U.S. Congress passed a law prohibiting noncitizens from voting in federal elections, such as U.S. House, U.S. Senate, and presidential elections. Federal law did not address state or local elections.[1]

As of March 2020, two state constitutions specified that noncitizens may not vote in state and local elections: Arizona's and North Dakota's. No state constitutions explicitly allowed noncitizens to vote in state or local elections.[2]

Ten municipalities across the country allowed noncitizens to vote in local elections as of March 2020. Nine were located in Maryland. The other was San Francisco, California.

According to the Pew Research Center, there were approximately 25 million noncitizens living in the U.S. as of 2017. That included 12.3 million permanent residents and 2.2 million temporary residents in the country with legal permission and 10.5 million living in the country without legal permission

https://www.demos.org/sites/default/...s/Analysis.pdf
    The September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks spurred a major legislative initiative, the Real ID Act of 2005,
    which requires states to meet costly minimum security standards for drivers’ licenses that many fear will
    move the country toward a system of national ID—with negative consequences for electoral participation.1

Voter ID debates currently raging across the states join the disparate issues of voter fraud and election
    integrity, security against terrorist attacks, and identification requirements. Proponents argue that more
    stringent ID requirements like those embodied in a “Real ID” driver’s license are needed to protect against
    voter fraud at the polls, and opponents argue that voter ID is a solution in search of a problem.

https://www.brennancenter.org/sites/...Fraud_Myth.pdf
     A comprehensive 2014 study published in The Washington Post found 31 credible instances of
    impersonation fraud from 2000 to 2014, out of more than 1 billion ballots cast. Even this tiny
    number is likely inflated, as the study’s author counted not just prosecutions or convictions, but
    any and all credible claims.
     Two studies done at Arizona State University, one in 2012 and another in 2016, found similarly
    negligible rates of impersonation fraud. The project found 10 cases of voter impersonation fraud
    nationwide from 2000-2012. The follow-up study, which looked for fraud specifically in states
    where politicians have argued that fraud is a pernicious problem, found zero successful
    prosecutions for impersonation fraud in five states from 2012-2016.
     A review of the 2016 election found four documented cases of voter fraud.
    MYPOST"Illegals don't vote and there is no voter fraud, so if those are your reasons ,then that just verifies the fact that it is a waste of time , other then taking away the votes of Democrats By the Bonzo space monkeys of the right.you are a joke. I got to admit I do enjoy it when a space monkey steps right up and verifies the stupid stamp written on their forehead. It is kind of fun, don't you think?"

17. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I’ll tell you this: Our last mayoral election was mail in and thousands never received a ballot including me. I have ID, a voter registration card yet to vote I would have had to stand in line for about 2 hours at one of the two polling places available. I stood in line for about 40 or 50 minutes chatting with the other folks in line . NONE of them had received a ballot. ALL were from precincts that traditionally vote conservative. Our assembly and (acting) mayor are far left with an agenda to turn our once fair city into another Portland.
    Fortunately conservative voters cherish their right to vote , many stood in line for hours, and it appears we will make a course correction in the runoff.
    Eventually I gave up and for possibly the first time in my life I didn’t vote. And I vote in EVERY election, no matter how insignificant. I hadn’t budgeted that much time unexpectedly.
    What kind of bullshit story is this . The I know a guy routine. Your story is from a right winger so it is simply a lie to start with, that is until somehow you can prove me wrong. You people live on lies.