Members banned from this thread: evince and CharacterAssassin

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Blacks Are Too Stupid to Obtain Voter ID?

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Eagle View Post
    Shines argument destroyed yours.
    How's that???
    Lock Him Up

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

MBFC lol.
    If you're not smart enough to know what disinformation is, then there's just no hope for you.
    Lock Him Up

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,824 Times in 17,257 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,596 Times in 4,274 Posts

A rightys makes a claim about what the left thinks? That is how you start a thread?
    Voter ID harms people without much money, with no transportation, and older people. It also hurts rural people because DMV offices are open sporadically or require a long drive.
    When I had to get a passport, my ID was a big problem. My birth certificate took time, money, and driving around to obtain. The hospital I was born at had been sold and merged a few times. I was born before computers so the paperwork required workers to go through storage and enormous records. I recall going to 3 or 4 places just for the birth certificate.
    Try that without a car. It was also not cheap.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 Times in 9,828 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    A rightys makes a claim about what the left thinks? That is how you start a thread?
    Voter ID harms people without much money, with no transportation, and older people. It also hurts rural people because DMV offices are open sporadically or require a long drive.
    When I had to get a passport, my ID was a big problem. My birth certificate took time, money, and driving around to obtain. The hospital I was born at had been sold and merged a few times. I was born before computers so the paperwork required workers to go through storage and enormous records. I recall going to 3 or 4 places just for the birth certificate.
    Try that without a car. It was also not cheap.
    stfu.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackwater Lunchbreak For This Post:

Truth Detector (04-23-2021)

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

Everyone knows the Republican Party can no longer get a majority in free elections, so is attempting to deny more and more people votes. Are there really mugs who believe the lies by which they justify this crookery?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Iolo/Penderyn For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-17-2021)

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,491 Times in 7,582 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    it really is hard for blacks to get I.d.
    The new Georgia voter law will provide them for free. When the left still claims that law is rayciss, logic tells me the left really does believe blacks are just too lazy to get one.
    Last edited by anonymoose; 04-17-2021 at 08:26 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,421 Times in 52,445 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

White libs think Blacks are stupid and inferior.
    So they're like Trumpsters and Republicans?

I fully support Voter ID as long as it isn't being used as a backdoor Poll Tax, which it often is. Voter ID disenfranchises the poor and elderly based on how it's implemented. This, disproportionately, disenfranchises African-Americans. What is wrong with State's providing ID for all citizens and allowing five years for full implementation?

There's a lot of uses for a State-funded ID program; right to work, right to rent/buy housing, voting, etc. Anyone without a State ID would be detained until they could verify residency. Everyone would be required to carry their ID at all times. Is this what you want?
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

It doesn't matter. Here's why:

Quote Originally Posted by floriduhfan View Post
    Congressional Democrats plan to use their new-found majorities to permanently expand vote-by mail after an election that saw both record turnout and former President Donald Trump’s failed attempts to block New Jersey and other states from making it easier in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.

The bill would let anyone could vote by mail for any reason and receive postage-paid envelopes for requesting and returning ballots. States would have to set up secure drop boxes for completed ballots. Any ballots postmarked by Election Day but received up to 10 days later would count, and voters whose ballots are rejected would have to be notified and given time to fix problems such as mismatched signatures

The bill also would create automatic voter registration and allow people to register on the same day they vote, require all states to provide 15 days for early voting, allow voters to sign affidavits in lieu of presenting photo IDs, and eliminate requirements that ballots be notarized or witnessed.

“We should have standardize rules and that’s what this bill is doing,” said Stephen Spaulding, senior counsel for public policy at the advocacy group Common Cause. “This hopefully would tamp down on all of that chaotic litigation by getting these rules settled and setting a national standard

The provisions are part of the Democrats’ campaign finance, ethics and voting legislation, designated at H.R. 1 in the new Congress to denote its priority. Democrats control the Senate as well and Majority Leader Chuck Schumer followed suit by numbering his bill as S. 1

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 130 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Big Money Dolla View Post
    the source is irrelevant.

The leftist argument against voter id is that its designed to keep minorities especially blacks from voting, which indeed begs the question, why do white leftists think that blacks are less capable of them than getting state id?
    No the question is, why does your hate party think that, if they didn't they surely wouldn't be wasting their time doing it for absolutely no reason under the sun. The right are haters bigots and ugly.

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    So they're like Trumpsters and Republicans?

I fully support Voter ID as long as it isn't being used as a backdoor Poll Tax, which it often is. Voter ID disenfranchises the poor and elderly based on how it's implemented. This, disproportionately, disenfranchises African-Americans. What is wrong with State's providing ID for all citizens and allowing five years for full implementation?

There's a lot of uses for a State-funded ID program; right to work, right to rent/buy housing, voting, etc. Anyone without a State ID would be detained until they could verify residency. Everyone would be required to carry their ID at all times. Is this what you want?
    There is not a single reason in the world for voter ID other then taking away the vote of any block of people who have a majority of Democrats. Try real hard and give us another reason, supported by some justification.

14. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    The new Georgia voter law will provide them for free. When the left still claims that law is rayciss, logic tells me the left really does believe blacks are just too lazy to get one.
    Logic tells me you are just another right wing bigot.

15. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 Times in 9,828 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jbander View Post
    There is not a single reason in the world for voter ID other then taking away the vote of any block of people who have a majority of Democrats. Try real hard and give us another reason, supported by some justification.
    election security. this is easy.

are all requirements for I.d. racist? if not, why not? show your work.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackwater Lunchbreak For This Post:

17. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,491 Times in 7,582 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Logic tells me you are just another right wing bigot.
    Why do you believe blacks are too lazy to bother to get free ID’s so they can vote?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

19. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Whose sock puppet do you belong to?

Disagreed since the main reason for Voter ID is election integrity. The problem isn't requiring an ID. The problem is ensuring all American voters have equal and convenient access to Voter ID.

BTW, it's a great way to identify illegals.

20. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Why do you believe blacks are too lazy to bother to get free ID’s so they can vote?
    It's not race thing, it's a poverty and elderly thing.

Fortunately, Governor Cuomo helped solve the problem of elderly voters in old folks homes being able to vote; he infected them with COVID.