Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Biden, not Trump, imposes sanctions on Russia for election and cyber attacks.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,174 Times in 5,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 593 Times in 557 Posts

Default Biden, not Trump, imposes sanctions on Russia for election and cyber attacks.

The Biden administration targeted Russia with sweeping sanctions and diplomatic expulsions Thursday, punishing Moscow for its interference in the 2020 US election, its SolarWinds cyberattack and its ongoing occupation and "severe human rights abuses" in Crimea.

The announcement is one of a series of dramatic foreign policy steps that Biden has taken this week, along with the decision to withdraw all troops from Afghanistan and send an unofficial delegation to Taiwan to express support for its democracy and security, in what may signal a turn toward a tougher, more pragmatic posture for the US globally.
    Thursday's sanctions come a day after Secretary of State Antony Blinken, speaking for the US and its NATO allies, expressed deep concerns about Russia's military build-up along the border with Ukraine, and two days after the US intelligence community said in an annual report that Russia "presents one of the most serious intelligence threats to the United States."
    As part of Thursday's announcement, the US formally named the Russian Foreign Intelligence Service as the force behind the SolarWinds hack that affected the federal government and wide swaths of the private sector. The White House also said that it is expelling 10 Russian diplomats in Washington, including "representatives of Russian intelligence services," for the cyber hack and the election meddling.

Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

“We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

gemini104104 (04-15-2021)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries

Biden, not Trump, imposes sanctions on Russia for election and cyber attacks.
    I could be wrong about this but weren't the sanctions on Russia imposed on 15 Apr 2021? Didn't Donald J Trump leave office 20 Jan 2021? So the OP has a firm handle on the obvious ... but that's a dim for you.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Grumpy For This Post:

War=Peace (04-16-2021)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,939 Times in 11,525 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Capitalist View Post
    The Biden administration targeted Russia with sweeping sanctions and diplomatic expulsions Thursday, punishing Moscow for its interference in the 2020 US election, its SolarWinds cyberattack and its ongoing occupation and "severe human rights abuses" in Crimea.

The announcement is one of a series of dramatic foreign policy steps that Biden has taken this week, along with the decision to withdraw all troops from Afghanistan and send an unofficial delegation to Taiwan to express support for its democracy and security, in what may signal a turn toward a tougher, more pragmatic posture for the US globally.
    Thursday's sanctions come a day after Secretary of State Antony Blinken, speaking for the US and its NATO allies, expressed deep concerns about Russia's military build-up along the border with Ukraine, and two days after the US intelligence community said in an annual report that Russia "presents one of the most serious intelligence threats to the United States."
    As part of Thursday's announcement, the US formally named the Russian Foreign Intelligence Service as the force behind the SolarWinds hack that affected the federal government and wide swaths of the private sector. The White House also said that it is expelling 10 Russian diplomats in Washington, including "representatives of Russian intelligence services," for the cyber hack and the election meddling.
    So...Biden is now claiming that he won because of Russian interference???
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    Nah, he don't need to claim anything, he won outright, walloped the other guy by some seven million votes

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,410 Times in 10,039 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    No, he won because you and Trump couldn't keep your lying mouths shut.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,939 Times in 11,525 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Nah, he don't need to claim anything, he won outright, walloped the other guy by some seven million votes
    Won what?
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    No, he won because you and Trump couldn't keep your lying mouths shut.
    I think the Russians bailed on Trump somewhere during his term. They probably concluded that he's too much of an unstable, loose cannon that has the 'codes' and no longer saw him was an asset. Their interference in the 2020 election was lame and haphazard. Nothing like 2016.

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 661 Times in 608 Posts

tRump was Putin's lawlessly hacked in prostitute, which is why tRump never stood up to Russians in defense of Democracy.

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

more pragmatic posture for the US globally.
    As part of Thursday's announcement, the US formally named the Russian Foreign Intelligence Service as the force behind the SolarWinds hack that affected the federal government and wide swaths of the private sector. The White House also said that it is expelling 10 Russian diplomats in Washington, including "representatives of Russian intelligence services,"

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

tRump as a intellectually deficient and academic idiot who thought he would get over on planet Earth ultimately but ended up allowing himself to be a loser, clown and a sucker to which the common decency of planet Earth should consider un American tRump and his co conspiring GOPer swine a failure among humanity of the ages.

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

President Obama.

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump was not this stupid.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

anatta (04-16-2021)