Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Biden fed up with gays, saying "World is Going to Hades in a Hand Basket"

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,282 Times in 13,411 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 842 Times in 801 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Which is why I continued to be amazed that the Republicans are so fucked up they handed over the White House, the Senate and the House to the Democrats.
    I think it had more to do with how the election was run. As in Orange County two years earlier, the Democrats were operating under a similar set of rules. That is, mass mail-in balloting, ballot harvesting, late ballot counts post election day, etc. In Orange County, a long time Republican stronghold in California, the Democrats suddenly won like 5 of 6 house elections there for the first time in like 30 or 40 years. Every one was won on late ballots with the Republican well ahead in early and mid voting up to election day.
    The Biden vote followed a similar pattern.

What was even more weird, was in 2020, Orange County reverted to Republican and the Democrats just elected got tossed out of the House even as Biden won California easily. But elsewhere you saw the same pattern Orange County exhibited as the path to Democrat Presidential victory. That is, the late count as the polls closed reversed to favor Biden and the post election day mail-in ballot vote was overwhelmingly for him. Oddly, this pattern didn't carry down ticket in lower races where there was far less change in outcomes.

My opinion on this is that the Republicans are a bit slower to catch on to this new style of voting but once they do it will make ZERO difference in the outcomes and things will revert to business as usual. This will force the Democrats to try and find even more unique and novel ways to change the voting process to favor them, rather than they change to make voters themselves favor them.

2. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,434 Times in 52,456 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    I think it had more to do with how the election was run. As in Orange County two years earlier, the Democrats were operating under a similar set of rules. That is, mass mail-in balloting, ballot harvesting, late ballot counts post election day, etc. In Orange County, a long time Republican stronghold in California, the Democrats suddenly won like 5 of 6 house elections there for the first time in like 30 or 40 years. Every one was won on late ballots with the Republican well ahead in early and mid voting up to election day.
    The Biden vote followed a similar pattern.

What was even more weird, was in 2020, Orange County reverted to Republican and the Democrats just elected got tossed out of the House even as Biden won California easily. But elsewhere you saw the same pattern Orange County exhibited as the path to Democrat Presidential victory. That is, the late count as the polls closed reversed to favor Biden and the post election day mail-in ballot vote was overwhelmingly for him. Oddly, this pattern didn't carry down ticket in lower races where there was far less change in outcomes.

My opinion on this is that the Republicans are a bit slower to catch on to this new style of voting but once they do it will make ZERO difference in the outcomes and things will revert to business as usual. This will force the Democrats to try and find even more unique and novel ways to change the voting process to favor them, rather than they change to make voters themselves favor them.
    So? There's no massive election fraud as Trump whined about. Trump didn't lose because of fucking Orange County. The Senate and the House aren't in Democrat hands because of fucking Orange County.

It's because Trump is a fucking moron and the Republican Party bent the knee to a megalomaniac. Americans effectively said "fuck this" and voted for the other guys. Sad.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

3. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So? There's no massive election fraud as Trump whined about. Trump didn't lose because of fucking Orange County. The Senate and the House aren't in Democrat hands because of fucking Orange County.

It's because Trump is a fucking moron and the Republican Party bent the knee to a megalomaniac. Americans effectively said "fuck this" and voted for the other guys. Sad.
    You missed my point entirely. The Democrats in California, then nationwide, managed to change the rules in state elections to favor them for short-term gain. The other side then reacted to this and that gain disappeared in subsequent elections. Thus a senile dotard of an over-the-hill mediocre politician was able to win the Presidential election in 2020 but is unlikely to lead his party to victory in 2022. By 2024, the changes in election methods will have settled out and the perceived Democrat advantage will have disappeared back to what was more typical in past elections.

That is, unless massive fraud does become the norm...

4. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You missed my point entirely. The Democrats in California, then nationwide, managed to change the rules in state elections to favor them for short-term gain. The other side then reacted to this and that gain disappeared in subsequent elections. Thus a senile dotard of an over-the-hill mediocre politician was able to win the Presidential election in 2020 but is unlikely to lead his party to victory in 2022. By 2024, the changes in election methods will have settled out and the perceived Democrat advantage will have disappeared back to what was more typical in past elections.

That is, unless massive fraud does become the norm...
    Dude, how many times have you used a mail-in ballot? I used one for a couple of decades.

5. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Dude, how many times have you used a mail-in ballot? I used one for a couple of decades.
    Twice now, and I probably won't next time. I like to vote in person.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Drummie123 (04-20-2021)

7. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Twice now, and I probably won't next time. I like to vote in person.
    Awesome. How did you vote in person during 20 years in the Navy? Just not vote?

8. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Awesome. How did you vote in person during 20 years in the Navy? Just not vote?
    Most of the time I didn't because it was difficult or nearly impossible to do that. It's particularly difficult when you are deployed.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Drummie123 (04-20-2021)

10. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Most of the time I didn't because it was difficult or nearly impossible to do that. It's particularly difficult when you are deployed.
    It came in the mail. I did it every year.

11. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It came in the mail. I did it every year.
    Try doing it on an aircraft carrier in the IO sometime when mail goes out every few days at most and a letter can take two weeks to reach its destination.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Drummie123 (04-20-2021)

13. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Try doing it on an aircraft carrier in the IO sometime when mail goes out every few days at most and a letter can take two weeks to reach its destination.
    So? When are ballots mailed out in your state? I was Florida and never had a problem.

14. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    That's what I thought you're just another low IQ opioid addicted uneducated right winger
    You might wanna think about changing your Depends right about now.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightbringer For This Post:

Drummie123 (04-20-2021)

16. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    I think I need to change my Depends.
    good idea
    Why Biden? Because Fuck You that's why. Barack Obama has a Grammy, an Emmy, a Nobel Prize, 2 terms as President and a Twitter account.

Donald Trump has 2 impeachments.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to katzgar For This Post:

Trumpet (04-20-2021)

18. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 28 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries

Dude, Trump is a pedophile. See? Here' the evidence:

If you think that's wackadoodle, then why won't people see your assertions that a community organizer plunged the world into the Great Recession.
    Apples and oranges.

19. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You have pus for brains
    Dear Readers: The responses by katzgar are unlike those from any American patriot I have ever seen, known or served with.

20. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

good idea