Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I feel kind of guilty about something......

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,580 Times in 9,988 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 873 Times in 830 Posts

Default I feel kind of guilty about something......

Had an odd situation happen yesterday in church. So,.......we generally sit about 3 or so pews back from the front, all the way to the left side on the outer edge. About halfway thru the service a very odd looking man walked in and sat right in the front row all the way to the left,...directly in front of me 2 rows up. His attire was not the norm. Came in wearing a long trench coat and wearing a beach hat. Took his hat off after a minute, long pony tail. Very weird looking guy,.....way out of place. Like I say,...he came in half way thru,...only stayed about 15 minutes and left well before the service was over.

Saw him reach in his coat a couple of times but pulled out nothing? It was also odd that he kept the long trench coat on as it was rather warm , almost uncomfortable in there yesterday ??

All I could think of was what kind of action plan I would use if this guy got funny and pulled out a weapon/gun. Yep....thats what was on my mind. I judged him....in church. I kept thinking that if this guy as much as farts crossways Im going to be on him before he can blink.

I was pretty relieved when he got up and left without incident. But later upon reflection I wondered.............DRY RUN ? Who knows nowadays. He was probably just some troubled person maybe looking for answers,....who knows.

So my question is.......If you were in that same situation would you also have pre judged him like I did? Had the same kind of thoughts that ran thru my mind at the time? Be HONEST....

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Now here is the truly crazy part...... The sermon yesterday was about what would happen if a true revival were to take place across the land but it didnt LOOK like what your pre conceived expectations thought it should look like....

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Absolutely! You should carry a gun, just in case. I've heard of random shootings in churches.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,322 Times in 1,692 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 417 Times in 384 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Had an odd situation happen yesterday in church. So,.......we generally sit about 3 or so pews back from the front, all the way to the left side on the outer edge. About halfway thru the service a very odd looking man walked in and sat right in the front row all the way to the left,...directly in front of me 2 rows up. His attire was not the norm. Came in wearing a long trench coat and wearing a beach hat. Took his hat off after a minute, long pony tail. Very weird looking guy,.....way out of place. Like I say,...he came in half way thru,...only stayed about 15 minutes and left well before the service was over.

Saw him reach in his coat a couple of times but pulled out nothing? It was also odd that he kept the long trench coat on as it was rather warm , almost uncomfortable in there yesterday ??

All I could think of was what kind of action plan I would use if this guy got funny and pulled out a weapon/gun. Yep....thats what was on my mind. I judged him....in church. I kept thinking that if this guy as much as farts crossways Im going to be on him before he can blink.

I was pretty relieved when he got up and left without incident. But later upon reflection I wondered.............DRY RUN ? Who knows nowadays. He was probably just some troubled person maybe looking for answers,....who knows.

So my question is.......If you were in that same situation would you also have pre judged him like I did? Had the same kind of thoughts that ran thru my mind at the time? Be HONEST....
    So you were going to try and be a hero?

If I had thought such a thing I would have told whoever was with me that we were leaving, will explain later, NOW, let's go, and left.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,322 Times in 1,692 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 417 Times in 384 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    Absolutely! You should carry a gun, just in case. I've heard of random shootings in churches.
    Yeah, and maybe jump up and blow his brains out, just in case.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yep, I would have probably left immediately. Crazy people walking around.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Port Tack View Post
    So you were going to try and be a hero?

If I had thought such a thing I would have told whoever was with me that we were leaving, will explain later, NOW, let's go, and left.
    No,...not a hero. But would I do my absolute level best to protect others no matter the situation?Yes,....absolutely.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Port Tack View Post
    Yeah, and maybe jump up and blow his brains out, just in case.
    If someone like that opened fire, the only thing that could stop the shooting would be an armed good guy.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Cant do that. I will never carry a gun again. Dont need it and hopefully never will. I dont want to hurt anyone nor do I want myself or anyone else to be hurt. I just dont want to depend on a gun is all. Now,...if someone else wants to thats absolutely fine,....just not for me.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If someone like that opened fire, the only thing that could stop the shooting would be an armed good guy.
    He was only 6 or 7 feet directly in front of me facing forward. I could have easily gotten to him and brought him down before he was able to take good aim at anyone. I ran thru everything in my mind well ahead....

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stone For This Post:

Life is Golden (10-23-2023), TOP (10-23-2023)

12. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Cant do that. I will never carry a gun again. Dont need it and hopefully never will. I dont want to hurt anyone nor do I want myself or anyone else to be hurt. I just dont want to depend on a gun is all. Now,...if someone else wants to thats absolutely fine,....just not for me.
    You just never know when you will find yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time. If someone has a gun, you won't be able to overpower them if they're shooting.

13. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You just never know when you will find yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time. If someone has a gun, you won't be able to overpower them if they're shooting.
    What will be will be. Things will go as they are supposed to go. I truly believe that.

14. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,109 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

I am about as far away in being an expert in shooting up churches as one could be...but...I would think being in the front row is a dumb idea. I spect I would have not been too concerned. Judging him for being a dick coming in in the middle and going all the way to the front is fair.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

15. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

does your church have a security team?.....during the service we only have one unlocked door......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Stone (10-23-2023)

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,073 Times in 7,504 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,104 Times in 1,049 Posts

That's the kind of thing that one encounters in church, then.
    One more reason to sleep in.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969