Thread: Senior Hospitalizations Way Down Since Vaccines

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Senior Hospitalizations Way Down Since Vaccines

" Rates of hospitalization in adults aged 65 years and older have decreased by more than 70% in the past two months, from 70.2 per 100,000 in early January to less than 20 per 100,000 in recent weeks. "

CDC

"However, rates have plateaued or risen in recent weeks in all age groups."

Conclusion:

1. Concerned seniors who are doing the right thing and getting vaccinated are much safer.

2. Young people who are blowing it off and not following the guidelines are still spreading the disease.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-14-2021), reagansghost (04-15-2021), Trumpet (04-14-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    " Rates of hospitalization in adults aged 65 years and older have decreased by more than 70% in the past two months, from 70.2 per 100,000 in early January to less than 20 per 100,000 in recent weeks. "

CDC

"However, rates have plateaued or risen in recent weeks in all age groups."

Conclusion:

1. Concerned seniors who are doing the right thing and getting vaccinated are much safer.

2. Young people who are blowing it off and not following the guidelines are still spreading the disease.
    You just nailed it.
    Lock Him Up

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-14-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,551 Times in 2,991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Just took my dad (90) in this morning for his second Phizer shot.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leaningright For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-14-2021), PoliTalker (04-14-2021)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Too bad more people in the country are not taking this seriously.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,340 Times in 8,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

It is sad that so many in the Alt Right are believing, and repeating the Russian propaganda against vaccination.

But not unexpected. The best correlation to trump voters is worsening health outcomes. These people are making bad health decisions right and left. What sort of 50 year old takes up smoking for the first time? Seriously, that is just weird.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-15-2021)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hospitalizations of seniors, and deaths are down.

The number of Active Cases, New Cases, and people in serious or Critical Condition are up.

Young healthy people also die from this disease.

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Walt,

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    It is sad that so many in the Alt Right are believing, and repeating the Russian propaganda against vaccination.

But not unexpected. The best correlation to trump voters is worsening health outcomes. These people are making bad health decisions right and left. What sort of 50 year old takes up smoking for the first time? Seriously, that is just weird.
    The type who falls in with the bar-fly crowd, is very negative in outlook, has no financial future, and essentially figures his life is pretty much done by that age. Misinformed, disinformed, listens more to peer pressure than critical thinking, wants to 'shake things up' as a voter. IF bothering to vote at all.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Walt (04-15-2021)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

right wing pols and their lemmings are SCARED SHITLESS...........Biden is kicking covid's ass, rebuilding the the economy after Trump abysmal record (compare GDP averages by president), and gaining in popularity every single day

back to the wilderness assholes and STFU

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post

the anti-vax crowd has been historically left wing, now it's about equal accross the board. blaming it soley on russia and "the alt righ" is just stupid,

In 2015, the Pew Research Center conducted a survey of 2 thousand adults which concluded about 12 percent of liberals and 10 percent of conservatives believed that childhood vaccines are unsafe.

https://www.precisionvaccinations.co...political-bias

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    right wing pols and their lemmings are SCARED SHITLESS...........Biden is kicking covid's ass, rebuilding the the economy after Trump abysmal record (compare GDP averages by president), and gaining in popularity every single day

back to the wilderness assholes and STFU

your pom poms are quite in motion today.

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,340 Times in 8,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Big Money Dolla View Post
    the anti-vax crowd has been historically left wing
    Well, that is not true. It has historically been both left and right wing. If you go further back in history, it was far more right wing.

And the left mainstream never supported the Antivaxer movement. That is all you crazies.

How truly sad is the Alt Right position, that they are desperate to blame it on anyone else but themselves?