Thread: Mississippi dad suffers stroke after Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Here’s what happened.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,493 Times in 9,085 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,427 Times in 1,256 Posts

Default Mississippi dad suffers stroke after Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Here’s what happened.

Has anyone here taken the Johnson & Johnson vaccine? This is the first man, I heard of to suffer a side effect from the vaccine?!! All others were women?!!

A 43-year-old father of seven from Ocean Springs suffered a stroke hours after receiving the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

Brad Malagarie was otherwise healthy before he suffered the stroke April 6 while at work. He had gone on his lunch break to get the vaccine and had the stroke later that afternoon, said his aunt, Celeste O’Keefe.

Malagarie had the most common form of stroke, an ischemic stroke, which is caused by a blood clot in an artery leading to the brain. He is being treated at Ochsner Medical Center in New Orleans, O’Keefe said.

She said that Ochsners reported the stroke to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System managed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.

“He didn’t jump out of an airplane,” O’Keefe said. “He didn’t eat anything different. Nothing was different in his life except the vaccine. Whatever happened to Brad, it was a contributing factor.”

The FDA and CDC on Tuesday recommended “a pause in the use of this vaccine out of an abundance of caution” after six women ages 18 to 48 developed a rare clotting disorder following Johnson & Johnson vaccinations. Use of the vaccine is suspended until the cases are reviewed.

Mississippi and most other states have announced that the vaccine will not be available for the time being.

The women developed a type of blood clot called a cerebral venous sinus thrombosis, in combination with low levels of blood platelets, after receiving the vaccine, the federal agencies said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mississip...130818016.html

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,567 Times in 17,094 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

7 people out of 7 million shots. The odds are easy yo calcilaye. But even at that, they are being halted and checked.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    Has anyone here taken the Johnson & Johnson vaccine? This is the first man, I heard of to suffer a side effect from the vaccine?!! All others were women?!!

A 43-year-old father of seven from Ocean Springs suffered a stroke hours after receiving the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

Brad Malagarie was otherwise healthy before he suffered the stroke April 6 while at work. He had gone on his lunch break to get the vaccine and had the stroke later that afternoon, said his aunt, Celeste O’Keefe.

Malagarie had the most common form of stroke, an ischemic stroke, which is caused by a blood clot in an artery leading to the brain. He is being treated at Ochsner Medical Center in New Orleans, O’Keefe said.

She said that Ochsners reported the stroke to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System managed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.

“He didn’t jump out of an airplane,” O’Keefe said. “He didn’t eat anything different. Nothing was different in his life except the vaccine. Whatever happened to Brad, it was a contributing factor.”

The FDA and CDC on Tuesday recommended “a pause in the use of this vaccine out of an abundance of caution” after six women ages 18 to 48 developed a rare clotting disorder following Johnson & Johnson vaccinations. Use of the vaccine is suspended until the cases are reviewed.

Mississippi and most other states have announced that the vaccine will not be available for the time being.

The women developed a type of blood clot called a cerebral venous sinus thrombosis, in combination with low levels of blood platelets, after receiving the vaccine, the federal agencies said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mississip...130818016.html

How many women get blood clots from taking the pill, Kenny?

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    How many women get blood clots from taking the pill, Kenny?
    Six

5. The Following User Groans At archives For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (04-14-2021)

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Six
    Eh no Arsecheese, not even close!!

The risks of thrombosis that come with taking the pill are very much higher than the risks that we were just seeing on those slides [on very rare blood clots from the Oxford jab]. ‘Every year, a woman runs a risk approaching one in a hundred of getting some kind of thrombosis and some of those thromboses are severe and even life threatening as well
    Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2021/04/08/risk-...7/?ito=cbshare

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Nordberg,

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    7 people out of 7 million shots. The odds are easy yo calcilaye. But even at that, they are being halted and checked.
    Thom Hartmann said the odds of getting a blood clot are 1 in 20 if you get corona.

1 in a million if you get the Johnson and Johnson vaccine.

Your choice...
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

9. The Following User Groans At archives For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (04-14-2021)

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What is wrong with you I'm talking about oral contraception do pay attention!

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Correlation does not equal causation.

Now a pattern can be revealed for women under 50 suffering clots after the J&J jab, one guy having a stroke after the shot does not a pattern make.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,025 Times in 8,281 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    It has something to do with low levels of blood platelets suddenly being reversed. You need the pre-existing condition of low platelets, and it only seems to happen in younger people. It has been seen in other drugs before, but is not well understood.

In Europe, it appeared to be mostly hitting women, but that may be because of who the vaccine was given to. It was given to older people, who would not get the side effect, and younger people who were nurses, care givers, and school teachers. All three groups of younger people were heavily weighted towards women. That may be the entire story, or there may be a link between low platelets and women. No one really knows.

Understanding the pre-existing dangers, and understanding the timeline for the dangers becoming evident will reduce risks greatly. They are requiring patients to stick around for a while after getting the shot, so they can save lives of people who get blood clots. And they are trying to screen for low platelets.

And in the USA they are putting the Johnson & Johnson vaccine on hold, while they figure out exactly how bad the risk is.

All evidence points to the risk of Covid-19 to be literally hundreds of times worse than the worst case scenario for the Johnson & Johnson Vaccine. The problem is we have grown used to zero real risk vaccines, and now expect that. Some even attack the current zero risk vaccines as having too much risk. In short, we have grown soft.

The Smallpox Vaccine killed two out of every million people, and yet WHO gave it to everyone they could. They gave it to enough people to totally eliminate the disease. I did not have to take the risk of the Smallpox Vaccine, because others before me did take it. We might be in a similar situation where we all have to get vaccinated so future generations will not have to be vaccinated.

Again, I wish trump had provided those Covid-19 tests he promised. We would have so much more information on the effectiveness of the vaccines to control the spread of Covid-19. It would be so much better.

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,025 Times in 8,281 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Now a pattern can be revealed for women under 50 suffering clots after the J&J jab, one guy having a stroke after the shot does not a pattern make.
    There is better reporting in foreign countries, so we are seeing a better reporting in foreign countries. The problem is we are talking about extremely rare side effects, so they are hard to make a pattern about.

It appears to be similar to a rare side effect of heparin, which gives us some hope of figuring it out.

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

This is no different from the AstraZeneca issue in Europe.

Personally, I don't think people should take J&J because it's only 76% effective. I get that they were trying to corner a market wherein people really didn't want to have to undergo two rounds of shots. But, if you took Pfizer, Moderna, or AZ, you only have to take booster shots going forward. No idea what J&J will do going forward.

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    actually, on the news yesterday a doctor was saying that the odds of getting this condition regardless of the shot are approximately one in one million.........sound familiar?.....

here's more.....
    The incidence of cerebral venous thrombosis (CVT) is estimated at 0.2 to 0.5 per 100 000 per year.1,2 One estimate was derived from an extrapolation of mortality and autopsy data from studies performed several decades ago.3 Kalbag and Woolf4 provide mortality figures from the British Registrar General. From 1952 to 1961 an average of 21.7 deaths from CVT were reported annually in a population of 56 million (0.39 deaths per million). The mortality of CVT probably varied between 20% and 50%. This gives an incidence of approximately 0.1 to 0.2 cases per 100 000. These indirectly calculated incidence rates are inaccurate, especially because improved neuroimaging has shown that, unlike previously believed, CVT often has a benign course. Other studies give estimates of 0.22,5 0.34,6 and 1.237 per 100 000, but in most of these studies, determination of the incidence was not the primary objective. We determined the incidence of CVT among adults in 2 provinces in The Netherlands over a 3-year period by hand-searching the medical records of all 19 hospitals in this region.
    https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1...decades%20ago.
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”