Thread: Telling, every cable station is currently showing official update on recent shooting,

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,036 Times in 13,846 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Default Telling, every cable station is currently showing official update on recent shooting,

except for Fox, and the other whacked out winger channels, Fox is bashing Biden over supposed Court packing, the Border most likely to follow

Just like the Floyd trial, Fox doesn’t want their audience seeing or hearing anything that might upset their view of reality, primary sources are purposely avoided, anything that might make the money generating prime time demagogues presentation more difficult isn’t going to be shown

Is it any wonder wingers often appear they come from another planet

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-16-2021), PoliTalker (04-16-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Too funny.

It would be so interesting to watch Fox sometimes but I never bother. For one thing, I am totally spoiled about commercials. I have created a life without commercials. I don't watch them. I would rather have meaningful programming and make the most of my viewing time. I don't even have cable.

I watch the PBS Newshour.

Love it.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-16-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,761 Times in 7,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Faux News is entertainment for the mentally deficient.
    PBS News is for Pollyanna dreamers like PoliTalker [who doesn't even have cable--talk about Mr./Ms. Excitement].

I watch MSNBC. It's not perfect, but it's the best and most accurate news outlet available with the best on air talent by far.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Too funny.

It would be so interesting to watch Fox sometimes but I never bother. For one thing, I am totally spoiled about commercials. I have created a life without commercials. I don't watch them. I would rather have meaningful programming and make the most of my viewing time. I don't even have cable.

I watch the PBS Newshour.

Love it.
    I don’t watch, pick them all up on Sirius riding in a vehicle, you can switch between all of them to see what they are covering, tells one the programming strategy

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Faux News is entertainment for the mentally deficient.
    PBS News is for Pollyanna dreamers like PoliTalker [who doesn't even have cable--talk about Mr./Ms. Excitement].

I watch MSNBC. It's not perfect, but it's the best and most accurate news outlet available with the best on air talent by far.
    From listening to them all, Newsy is the best, largely, it just delivers news without the editorializing, overt or covert

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    except for Fox, and the other whacked out winger channels, Fox is bashing Biden over supposed Court packing, the Border most likely to follow

Just like the Floyd trial, Fox doesn’t want their audience seeing or hearing anything that might upset their view of reality, primary sources are purposely avoided, anything that might make the money generating prime time demagogues presentation more difficult isn’t going to be shown

Maybe someday it will occur to the left that media loves that shit *and they don’t care* that running the story 24/7 contributes to divisiveness and racial discord. There were plenty of innocent/semi-innocent people shot up in Chicago over the weekend.

What keeps the CNN camera crews away?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,556 Times in 17,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Maybe someday it will occur to the left that media loves that shit *and they don’t care* that running the story 24/7 contributes to divisiveness and racial discord. There were plenty of innocent/semi-innocent people shot up in Chicago over the weekend.

What keeps the CNN camera crews away?
    Nothing. They are there. Many shootings barely get local press. There is no shooting that is not reported on. However, mass shootings and ones that may result in a demonstration get more. Can you figure out why?

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,761 Times in 7,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

From listening to them all, Newsy is the best, largely, it just delivers news without the editorializing, overt or covert
    Newsy is based in Missouri. Given my predispositions toward Middle America, I'm skeptical.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Court packing is more important. It jeopardises every liberal institution in this country.