Thread: Big government is bullying us!

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,905 Times in 21,667 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,696 Times in 5,198 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    why file a civil rights case? why do you jump to that?
    There are other recourses, if you want justice and not just civil rights payout

I have been jacked up like a hundred time by dope cops back in Baltimore -yet here I am living and breathing and responding to your Woke outrage.
    Because i understand cops got a gun, and I dont -and I'm breathing and other jerks are dead because
    i kept my cool, and they acted out -which is the "idiot"?
    So you keep arguing that we should just obey the illegal demands of the government, because they got a gun.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Well, let me try to actually answer that question (I'll pretend it is a serious question for entertainment's sake):

1. Unless the police are the FBI or ATF or something like that they are not "big government", they are local.

2. Folks like you describe here understand that in a situation like that the person with the qualified immunity and a gun has a bit more personal power than the guy who knows that, "Running from the cops is not a capital offense"... and decides that right now is the time to prove it. Folks like you describe here know that they shouldn't be shot in this situation, but also know that qualified immunity and a gun tends to mean that getting into a 2 ton machine and driving anywhere when the police are trying to arrest you would mean that the cops would suddenly "feel threatened" which would increase your chances of getting shot by a multitude...

3. Folks like you describe here also understand that getting arrested is better than getting shot in almost any situation.

so..

4. Folks like you describe here may feel that the government is bullying folks, and may still tell you to simply get arrested and get an attorney rather than run and possibly die.
    Well stated...
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    So, blindly comply with any demand of the government’s enforcer... just so there are no monetary damages, it’s ok, they can do as they please.... even pull a gun.

If I pulled a gun on someone, I’d be in prison.
    stop thinking like an ambulance chaser lawyer "monetary damages"..think proportional response and redress to the circumstance

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So you keep arguing that we should just obey the illegal demands of the government, because they got a gun.
    when it comes to COPS WITH GUNS YES. a fucking lawyer would understand there are legal remedies/recourse/penalties
    without putting you and cop in an escalating situation where either of you could wind up dead

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

stop thinking like an ambulance chaser lawyer "monetary damages"..think proportional response and redress to the circumstance
    If I had pulled a gun on the Sheriff who pulled hers first, (because I would not get out after her claim I was illegally parked at noon, in a legal spot) that would have proportional.... yet I’d be dead, and you’d be defending her.

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

when it comes to COPS WITH GUNS YES. a fucking lawyer would understand there are legal remedies/recourse/penalties
    without putting you and cop in an escalating situation where either of you could wind up dead
    You are wrong, there are 0 effective legal remedies if you are not physically injured, that’s why they get away with it.

If you end up shot, assholes like you defend the government, always.

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    And where we will likely get shot so you can use our death to prove an ineffective point.

I prefer to live and sue for excessive force to the option you present me with.

I can die so you can be ineffective on a message board telling me to die for your freedom, or I can live and work to ensure that freedom while not being a martyr for folks to use on ineffective social media.
    Remember, he's the one who claimed if he thought an election was stolen he'd be marching with guns in the street as opposed to the pussies (his word) on the right in 2020 and the left in 2000 and 2004 who didn't.

There are real tough guys in this world. Internet tough guys like this are a dime a dozen sadly.

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If I had pulled a gun on the Sheriff who pulled hers first, (because I would not get out after her claim I was illegally parked at noon, in a legal spot) that would have proportional.... yet I’d be dead, and you’d be defending her.
    do you have authority to detain and use a gun as part of your job? No
    does the cop? yes
    But that's not a "proportional response" it's you pulling a gun on a peace officer
    "proportional response" is using civil and maybe criminal case to go after the copand you would easily win that case

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You are wrong, there are 0 effective legal remedies if you are not physically injured, that’s why they get away with it.

If you end up shot, assholes like you defend the government, always.
    you just folded 2 scenarios into 1
    You seem to think only the cop getting fired or you getting paid by a lawsuit is the only acceptable outcome
    there are many shades of grey in between

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

When a police officer, from any government, demands something not required of you, like “GET OUT OF YOUR CAR”, with a gun pointed at you... that’s government abusing its power at the most base level. THATS WHERE WE ACTUALLY SHOULD STAND UP, and refuse to be pushed around.
    haven't you been one of those telling some of us here that the courts determine the constitution and the limits of our rights, since rights are not absolute?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

11. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

do you have authority to detain and use a gun as part of your job? No
    does the cop? yes
    But that's not a "proportional response" it's you pulling a gun on a peace officer
    "proportional response" is using civil and maybe criminal case to go after the copand you would easily win that case
    The cop does not have that authority in just any situation, that’s the point.

You are flat out wrong about winning such a case. If they pull a gun but don’t actually shoot you, no monetary damages, but they still abused their power.

12. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

no damages no foul.
    The complaint in in the officers jacket - they arent going to take action because the cop simply ordered you out of the car -but there is a citizen complaint in that personnel file
    if a complaint is unfounded, there is nothing in the personnel file...
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

13. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    haven't you been one of those telling some of us here that the courts determine the constitution and the limits of our rights, since rights are not absolute?
    Yes

14. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

why file a civil rights case? why do you jump to that?
    There are other recourses, if you want justice and not just civil rights payout

I have been jacked up like a hundred time by dope cops back in Baltimore -yet here I am living and breathing and responding to your Woke outrage.
    Because i understand cops got a gun, and I dont -and I'm breathing and other jerks are dead because
    i kept my cool, and they acted out -which is the "idiot"?
    is that the kind of world you want to live in? jacked up government enforcers threatening you and your only recourse is hoping a court finds in your favor?

15. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    if a complaint is unfounded, there is nothing in the personnel file...
    Even if it is well founded there is often nothing in the file. Schoven had complaints, that didn’t stop him.