Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "CDC director calls on Michigan to 'close things down' amid surge in cases"

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,273 Times in 13,987 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Default "CDC director calls on Michigan to 'close things down' amid surge in cases"

"Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Director Rochelle Walensky called on Michigan to “close things down” as the state deals with a surge in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations."

"The CDC director addressed the growing spread of COVID-19 in the Wolverine State by saying sending more vaccines to the state won’t solve the problem, as immunizations take two to six weeks to affect coronavirus statistics."

"Michigan has seen cases skyrocket at a higher rate than in other states, rising sevenfold since its lowest point in February with a current seven-day average of 7,377 new cases per day. Hospitalizations have reached a seven-day average of 3,570."

"The answer to that is to really close things down, to go back to our basics, to go back to where we were last spring, last summer to flatten the curve, decrease contact with one another, to test to the extent we have available, to contact trace,” Walensky said during a White House COVID-19 response team briefing."

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...surge-in-cases

How would you like to be in Whitmer's position, the last time she closed down the State the Michighan "militia" tried to violently kidnap her and put her on trial

But, but, but it's our "freedom" to catch and spread Covid

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-12-2021), Whythink (04-12-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 8,420 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    "Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Director Rochelle Walensky called on Michigan to “close things down” as the state deals with a surge in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations."

"The CDC director addressed the growing spread of COVID-19 in the Wolverine State by saying sending more vaccines to the state won’t solve the problem, as immunizations take two to six weeks to affect coronavirus statistics."

"Michigan has seen cases skyrocket at a higher rate than in other states, rising sevenfold since its lowest point in February with a current seven-day average of 7,377 new cases per day. Hospitalizations have reached a seven-day average of 3,570."

"The answer to that is to really close things down, to go back to our basics, to go back to where we were last spring, last summer to flatten the curve, decrease contact with one another, to test to the extent we have available, to contact trace,” Walensky said during a White House COVID-19 response team briefing."

How would you like to be in Whitmer's position, the last time she closed down the State the Michighan "militia" tried to violently kidnap her and put her on trial

That's right it is their freedom so stay the fuck away asshole.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

"The answer to that is to really close things down, to go back to our basics,
    to go back to where we were last spring, last summer ... to flatten the curve, decrease contact with one another, to test to the extent we have available, to contact trace,” she said during a White House COVID-19 response team briefing.
    ~~

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) reissued her and other state officials’ request for the federal government to send more vaccines to her state amid the rise in cases and hospitalizations.

Whitmer had called for more shots to go to the Wolverine State last week, saying that the federal strategy should be “squelching where the hot spots are.”

“I made the case for a surge strategy,” Whitmer said at a briefing on Friday. “At this point, that's not being deployed, but I am not giving up.”

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

well at least the surge is brewing deep in the heart of militia country, silver lining

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,125 Times in 12,648 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,395 Posts
    Blog Entries

Remember back in the day when the regressive types claimed that we all should do what Michigan does?

This state had been a failure at COVID all along, they dont even try that anymore, they look to ridiculous.
    The bottom line is that conservatives cant admit to themselves the Evil they have allowed to romp on their watch.

This is going to hurt.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    to go back to where we were last spring, last summer ... to flatten the curve, decrease contact with one another, to test to the extent we have available, to contact trace,” she said during a White House COVID-19 response team briefing.
    ~~

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) reissued her and other state officials’ request for the federal government to send more vaccines to her state amid the rise in cases and hospitalizations.

Whitmer had called for more shots to go to the Wolverine State last week, saying that the federal strategy should be “squelching where the hot spots are.”

“I made the case for a surge strategy,” Whitmer said at a briefing on Friday. “At this point, that's not being deployed, but I am not giving up.”
    You can't help those that won't help themselves

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Remember back in the day when the regressive types claimed that we all should do what Michigan does?

This state had been a failure at COVID all along, they dont even try that anymore, they look to ridiculous.
    No, only thing memorable about Michighan is that when the Governor attempted to follow the Science she was immediately verbally attacked by the President who encouraged the exact opposite behavior and threatened with kidnapping

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Shut it down. Save lives.

Let the government pay the bills.

Tax the rich more to fund the government.

No brainer.

That's what government is for - to serve and protect the people.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

LV426 (04-12-2021), Whythink (04-12-2021)

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    That's right it is their freedom so stay the fuck away asshole.
    You do not have the freedom to put other people's safety in jeopardy.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    ~~

Why are you laughing? This is bad. A massive COVID surge in MI will kill hundreds of people who didn't have to die.

All because you don't want to admit you lied your ass off when you tried to downplay COVID las year.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,125 Times in 12,648 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,395 Posts
    Blog Entries

No, only thing memorable about Michighan is that when the Governor attempted to follow the Science she was immediately verbally attacked by the President who encouraged the exact opposite behavior and threatened with kidnapping
    She did not follow the science, not at all, that was a lie that you were obviousy too dim to pick up on.
    The bottom line is that conservatives cant admit to themselves the Evil they have allowed to romp on their watch.

This is going to hurt.

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

I’m increasingly skeptical that ‘shutting ‘er down’ actually accomplishes much.

And I’m all but certain the positive effects of it are *far outweighed* by the myriad social and economic costs.

There also comes a point when *healthy* people will rebel. Whitmer seems determined to find out when that is.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    I’m increasingly skeptical ‘shutting ‘er down’ actually accomplishes much.

And I’m all but certain the positive effects of it are *far outweighed* by the myriad social and economic costs.

There also comes a point when *healthy* people will rebel. Whitmer seems determined to find out when that is.
    That's just crazy talk. Shutting down prevents people from coming into close proximity, which leads directly to fewer instances of transmitting the disease. We know this, because the primary route of disease transmission is airborne, from individual to individual. That makes things simple. Keep individuals apart, and transmission cannot occur.

Of course shutting down is going to reduce New Cases. There will be a lag time of 2-3 weeks between shut-down and New Cases dropping.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    She did not follow the science, not at all, that was a lie that you were obviousy too dim to pick up on.
    Oh, my bad, I wasn't taking into account the "alternative Science," guess I should have worded it better, she was attempting to follow the consensus Science and not that of Trump apologists as Dr. Immanuel and Dr. Atlas

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    I’m increasingly skeptical that ‘shutting ‘er down’ actually accomplishes much.

Can't say, not a doctor, even though most in the field do think it does play a major role, but common sense does tell anyone if a virus is spread by social contact that less contact the better