Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Medical Examiner Confirms Floyd’s Heart Gave Out Due To Heart Disease, Hypertension

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Hmmm ... but isn't "contributing factors (causes/conditions)" the very tripe the plague shot advocates use to ignore the folks that die from the shots?

I look forward to your answer ...
    I'm not sure what you are talking about. Folks that have factors like breathing issues are urged to get vaccinated because it can save their lives. If they die from the shot it would be for some other unforeseen factor than that.

In this case, whether the factors are known or unknown you are not supposed to use the hold once the suspect is subdued because there can be just such an outcome. The Chief made it clear, the doctors they are talking about here also made it clear, so forth. Contributing factors do not exonerate Chauvin, they are the reason his action caused the death when it may not for another.

Either way, this idea that he's going to "get off" because some doctor noted underlying causes is absurd. If he "gets off" it won't be because Floyd had these factors that made this hold dangerous to him.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,734 Times in 14,330 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Yup. That's my point. Chauvin's actions exacerbated conditions they are talking about causing this man to die. Pretending that preexisting conditions mean Chauvin is "innocent" is absurd. If I choke you and you have asthma and heart conditions you may have a correlating heart attack that happens while I am choking you, but it is still my fault.

Each time they get excited about something that somebody says it actually is evidence of how the actions of Chauvin caused the death of somebody when that same action on somebody healthy may not have. The contributing factors do not exonerate, they are the reason that the methods and procedures tell them that once subdued the hold must end. The suspect should have been let up immediately after he was subdued, not 9.5 minutes of dick measuring later.
    Well, the defense team's job is to throw up a smoke screen. They only need on juror to believe that it might not be Chauvin's fault. Throw enough shit, and something might stick to the wall.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-13-2021)

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I hope that my use of 'hillbilly' hasn't confused either you or the other dimlibs here.

I lived for two years in a smalltown backwood ozark mountain town and learned hillbilly quite well. It seems to me that the thinskinned folks here are spring-loaded to jump on ANY bandwagon they even THINK that could possibly be racist and ride that pony into the ground.

I hope you are not one of them ... but you are thinskinned. One of my very first posts on this board was a question in a topic that you yourself started ... about yourself. I asked the very simple question ... "Who's legion?" Funny thing ... that post disappeared ... but not before I got my first two likes.

Yep, when you look at the ratings for this board on google ... one fellow talked about how on HIS first day the "rational" (?) folks here jumped on him and one of the comments was that he was "a cum gargler". Now I gotta admit, the nasty stuff thrown my way so far hasn't been quite that ugly ... but I've only been here a week.

If my use of 'hillbilly' is going to offend the soft, cuddly momma's people here ... then I suggest you ban me now. "hillbilly" is NOT racist ... but your reply seems to indicate that it is.

The ball is back in your court and the powers that be.

BTW ... I reject your reply ... it doesn't even deserve a groan.

5. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure what you are talking about. Folks that have factors like breathing issues are urged to get vaccinated because it can save their lives. If they die from the shot it would be for some other unforeseen factor than that.

In this case, whether the factors are known or unknown you are not supposed to use the hold once the suspect is subdued because there can be just such an outcome. The Chief made it clear, the doctors they are talking about here also made it clear, so forth. Contributing factors do not exonerate Chauvin, they are the reason his action caused the death when it may not for another.

Either way, this idea that he's going to "get off" because some doctor noted underlying causes is absurd. If he "gets off" it won't be because Floyd had these factors that made this hold dangerous to him.
    I know that you are some sort of administrator with bunches of power ... but I have question for you ...

The last few posts in our intercourse should have been about this ...

"Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    The contributing factors do not exonerate"

But magically that portion of your post has disappeared.

Yeah, you can do as you please on this board ... but where is YOUR personal honor, honesty and integrity when it comes to covering up one of YOUR errors?

Yep ... ya cleaned up YOUR post ... but left the quote in mine.

So now ... let us get back to the issue at hand ... we both have different opinions about saint floyd's demise ... but I return to the statement you made as I have posted above ...

Do you NOT see the hypocrisy in blowing off "contributing factors" as it applies across the board?

6. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Do you NOT see the hypocrisy in blowing off "contributing factors" as it applies across the board?
    No. Your premise is inane. That I responded at all is amazing, because I don't like to hold conversations with stupid people. Contributing factors do not exonerate Chauvin because he was acting outside of approved protocol. Can you tell me which person who has given a vaccination was acting outside of approved protocol? If you can find an instance where somebody held another person down and forced them to get a vaccination while they begged not to because they were allergic to one part of the shot ("I can't breathe") so you can tell they have an underlying issue and then they died because of it then we can begin to think that there might be a similarity.

Until then I will likely ignore you until you can add substance to the conversation.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

7. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Until then I will likely ignore you until you can add substance to the conversation.
    I know you will not answer this ... but just why did you edit your post? ...

8. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,761 Times in 7,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Why do "freedom loving" trumpanzees worship at the altar of criminally violent cops?
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

9. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I know you will not answer this ... but just why did you edit your post? ...
    I often edit for spelling or to correct crappy sentence structure. I do not change my meaning, only iterate more clearly. In that case the first paragraph is the same meaning, but much clearer.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

10. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I often edit for spelling or to correct crappy sentence structure. I do not change my meaning, only iterate more clearly. In that case the first paragraph is the same meaning, but much clearer.
    I guess a very poor excuse is better than none ... which is what I expected. BTW ... isn't there a notification that automatically comes up when a post is edited? Yeah I saw the rules ... but what happened is that you got caught with your hand in the cookie jar and would have us all believe that you were just counting them.

O well

11. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I guess a very poor excuse is better than none ... which is what I expected. BTW ... isn't there a notification that automatically comes up when a post is edited? Yeah I saw the rules ... but what happened is that you got caught with your hand in the cookie jar and would have us all believe that you were just counting them.

O well
    Not if you edit it within a minute.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

12. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

I hope that my use of 'hillbilly' hasn't confused either you or the other dimlibs here.
    I'n not the one who's confused. I was being sarcastic. I must say, it's been a while since anyone called me a "dimlib" here...at least under this login.

13. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyDicklick View Post
    trump

14. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Altfacts View Post
    And...we've heard testimony by numerous experts that explain the breathing problems when lying prone with hands cuffed behind the back.
    Have we?

All regulations call for the suspect to be rolled over immediately after cuffing.
    Do they?

The knee on the back made is as hard to breathe as the knee on the neck.
    Did it?

15. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Again, this is a reason that kneeling on him could kill him.
    Could ≠ did.

16. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Eagle View Post
    One less POS around consuming oxygen.
    He didn't "deserve" to die.