Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vladimir Putin Officially Banned Same-Sex Marriage In Russia. Right Wing rejoyces.

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Flaming capitalist sure is a sensitive little fella.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,834 Times in 17,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Rightys should start a mass migration to their real homeland. It is where they would have more people who think like them in government.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

evince (04-15-2021)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,772 Times in 27,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

5. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

AProudLefty (04-15-2021)

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,772 Times in 27,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Rightys should start a mass migration to their real homeland. It is where they would have more people who think like them in government.
    Maybe that’s why all those republicans took that trip to russia

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Anonymous View Post
    I just wet myself.
    LOL
    Why Biden? Because Fuck You that's why. Barack Obama has a Grammy, an Emmy, a Nobel Prize, 2 terms as President and a Twitter account.

Donald Trump has 2 impeachments.

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,077 Times in 7,507 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,104 Times in 1,049 Posts

The very mouth which disseminates the lies that trumpanzees love to hear most
    happens to also be Vladimir Putin's personal cock holster.

No wonder they love the Russians so much.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

9. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    So I was right, you did mean decadent. I did not want to over assume, but given the rest of your post, it made sense.

I been to Russia a couple of times, and I have to say it is pretty bad there. Prostitution, drunkenness, drug abuse, violent crime, abuse of women and children, etc. is just out of control there. It is not particularly unusual for neighborhoods in Russia to band together to attack each other in massive street brawls. Sometimes these street brawls avoid guns, but other times they become shootouts.

There are always groups of thugs demanding money, or attacking people they think might be gay. It is very much a thug culture, where many hope to get ahead through thuggery. The police just seem like another street gang.

Or at least that is my two cents. I have been avoiding going back to Russia, because I really do not enjoy the drinking culture there, or the threats of violence.

Meanwhile, the coming together of American culture in recent years has amazed me. Not so much among the poorer groups, but educated people of different backgrounds are interacting very well lately.

Again, that is my two cents. Your experiences might be different.
    what part of Russia? I have neighbors from Vladivostok an Moscow -none of this is true.
    You are describing Libya after we destroyed the country by regime change.
    Thank Obama and Hillary for that

But so what??

Meanwhile, the coming together of American culture in recent years has amazed me. Not so much among the poorer groups, but educated people of different backgrounds are interacting very well lately.
    who cares about the proletarians -right?? they are just the great unwashed masses.

You elitists know better, just let us rule, and we'll "interact" nicely.
    Your Baizou Woke elitist claptrap is repulsive to American values

10. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,340 Times in 8,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    what part of Russia?
    I have not traveled much outside of Moscow, and Saint Petersburg. I took a train from Saint Petersburg to Moscow once, but did not get off the train much.

From my understanding, Moscow, and Saint Petersburg are much better than the rest of the country. I always wanted to go to Tartarstan to see the Volstok factory, but everyone tells me it is not worth it.

I have neighbors from Vladivostok an Moscow
    I have a friend that owns one of the cables between Moscow and Vladivostok. You would think he would be making money hand over fist, connecting Europe to East Asia, but the situation is so bad in Russia that he cannot even make money off that.

none of this is true.
    I am afraid it is true, and has been for decades, and some parts of it for centuries. Russia is not the utopia you are hoping for.

You are describing Libya after we destroyed the country by regime change.
    Libya is a completely different type of mess than Russia. They do not have a single government anymore, or even regional governments. They are more a bunch of militias. Russia has a strong central government. Alcohol is rare in Libya, and it would be considered bizarre for even one drunk to be lying on the street. Russia has drunks all over the place. I could go on, but they are very different countries.

11. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I have neighbors from Vladivostok an Moscow -none of this is true.
    If your neighbors have told you that living in Russia is better than living in America, why are they living in America?

12. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 661 Times in 608 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Capitalist View Post
    With the stroke of a pen, Russian President Vladimir Putin formally enacted a series of anti-LGBTQ+ amendments banning marriage equality and transgender adoptions, and centering “a belief in God” as a core value of the country. The homophobic and transphobic amendments were passed last July in a national referendum, with over 77 percent of voters casting their ballots in support of the measures. According to a report in the AP, the new rules also reset Putin’s term limits as president, meaning he can serve an additional two six-year terms in office.

The amendments passed by voters and signed into law by Putin specifically ban marriage equality and adoption by transgender folks. The amendments were highly popular with the socially conservative Russian populace. Religious themes play an important role in society in the nation and often drive anti-LGBTQ+ sentiments.

The Right Wing has their Utopia. Move to Russia.
    Yet the un American right wing swine approves of selling out to Russians, engaging in insurrection, sedition, treason, their own moral atrocities and basically being the scum of the Earth. GOPer gutter hypocrisy galore.
    Last edited by gemini104104; 04-16-2021 at 02:24 AM.

13. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,305 Times in 13,426 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 843 Times in 802 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Capitalist View Post
    I don't know why the radical right wing doesn't like democracy. Maybe because their King Trump prefers dicatorships over democracy.
    Let's see... On the subject of gay marriage, the LGBTPDQRSTUV community put it on the ballot in 35 states and got shot down every time, including California. Democracy spoke loud and clear. The LGBTPDQ'ers then went to court, shopped judges, and got those elections and ballot measures overturned to make gay marriage legal. Seems to me they used a judicial dictatorship to get their way, not democracy...

14. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Let's see... On the subject of gay marriage, the LGBTPDQRSTUV community put it on the ballot in 35 states and got shot down every time, including California. Democracy spoke loud and clear. The LGBTPDQ'ers then went to court, shopped judges, and got those elections and ballot measures overturned to make gay marriage legal. Seems to me they used a judicial dictatorship to get their way, not democracy...
    And with a packed SCOTUS ... It will get worse.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Grumpy For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (04-15-2021)

16. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

I have not traveled much outside of Moscow, and Saint Petersburg. I took a train from Saint Petersburg to Moscow once, but did not get off the train much.

From my understanding, Moscow, and Saint Petersburg are much better than the rest of the country. I always wanted to go to Tartarstan to see the Volstok factory, but everyone tells me it is not worth it.
    so your generalized statements are worthless about Russia

I have a friend that owns one of the cables between Moscow and Vladivostok. You would think he would be making money hand over fist, connecting Europe to East Asia, but the situation is so bad in Russia that he cannot even make money off that.
    WTF is a "cable"

I am afraid it is true, and has been for decades, and some parts of it for centuries. Russia is not the utopia you are hoping for.
    I never said it was, it has crime and a poor economy. Im sur there are gangs, but crime rates in the USA are skyrocketing in part due to our defunding the police

Russia makes very good weapons on par with NATO . All I care about is dealing with Russia to advantage the USA
    ( so called realpolitik) sanctions and demonizing Putin do not do this
    "demonization of Putin is not a policy; it's an excuse for the absence of one" - Kissinger
    Libya is a completely different type of mess than Russia. They do not have a single government anymore, or even regional governments. They are more a bunch of militias. Russia has a strong central government. Alcohol is rare in Libya, and it would be considered bizarre for even one drunk to be lying on the street. Russia has drunks all over the place. I could go on, but they are very different countries.
    no.
    Libya has UN recognized government in Tripoli, and a government in exile ( previous Parliament) operating in Bengazi
    The days of lawless militias are mostly passe in the aftermath of Obama/NATO/Hillary war crimes
    of targeting Qaddafi for assassination

There is a stalemated civil war, with Turkey, Russia,Egypt and Qatar as the main players sending high tech weapons to the battlefield

Jamming, precision artillery and long range drone strikes on Libyan battlefield
    https://www.militarytimes.com/flashp...r-us-military/

17. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (04-15-2021)

18. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

WTF is a "cable"
    A network cable. Cables are used for internet, telephone, TV, etc. communication.

19. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

OMG. a spelling error. If you hadn't noticed we are hedonistic, without public morals ( much less courtesies)
    transfixed with sex , sex ID, violent, and full of hate for each other, you havent been paying attention
    Salty is such a pompous arsehole!