Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vladimir Putin Officially Banned Same-Sex Marriage In Russia. Right Wing rejoyces.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,174 Times in 5,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 593 Times in 557 Posts

Default Vladimir Putin Officially Banned Same-Sex Marriage In Russia. Right Wing rejoyces.

With the stroke of a pen, Russian President Vladimir Putin formally enacted a series of anti-LGBTQ+ amendments banning marriage equality and transgender adoptions, and centering “a belief in God” as a core value of the country. The homophobic and transphobic amendments were passed last July in a national referendum, with over 77 percent of voters casting their ballots in support of the measures. According to a report in the AP, the new rules also reset Putin’s term limits as president, meaning he can serve an additional two six-year terms in office.

The amendments passed by voters and signed into law by Putin specifically ban marriage equality and adoption by transgender folks. The amendments were highly popular with the socially conservative Russian populace. Religious themes play an important role in society in the nation and often drive anti-LGBTQ+ sentiments.

The Right Wing has their Utopia. Move to Russia.
    Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

evince (04-15-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Look at him! He seems to want the D.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

evince (04-15-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 7,323 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 785 Times in 732 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why don't you like democracy?
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.
    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Capitalist View Post
    With the stroke of a pen, Russian President Vladimir Putin formally enacted a series of anti-LGBTQ+ amendments banning marriage equality and transgender adoptions, and centering “a belief in God” as a core value of the country. The homophobic and transphobic amendments were passed last July in a national referendum, with over 77 percent of voters casting their ballots in support of the measures. According to a report in the AP, the new rules also reset Putin’s term limits as president, meaning he can serve an additional two six-year terms in office.

The amendments passed by voters and signed into law by Putin specifically ban marriage equality and adoption by transgender folks. The amendments were highly popular with the socially conservative Russian populace. Religious themes play an important role in society in the nation and often drive anti-LGBTQ+ sentiments.

This is the money quote:

According to a report in the AP, the new rules also reset Putin’s term limits as president, meaning he can serve an additional two six-year terms in office.
    Everything else is window dressing to pander to social conservatives in the State Orthodox church.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by /MSG/ View Post
    Why don't you like democracy?
    I don't know why the radical right wing doesn't like democracy. Maybe because their King Trump prefers dicatorships over democracy.

“We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 7,323 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 785 Times in 732 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don't know why the radical right wing doesn't like democracy. Maybe because their King Trump prefers dicatorships over democracy.

I asked YOU. Can you answer the question? Or do you just not like what the answer is?
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

amendments were passed last July in a national referendum, with over 77 percent of voters casting their ballots in support of the measures.
    Russian society is much more conservative then the decedent west

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,026 Times in 8,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    Russian society is much more conservative then the decedent west
    Wow, the Alt Right is really coming out of the closet with their support for the Russians.

Either way, Dukkha is insulting America, but I assume he meant to say decadent(morally decayed), and not decedent(a dead person). Not only does "decadent" make more sense from his general intent, it can be used as an adjective to describe the west, while "decedent" would be a noun, and could not describe the west(another noun).

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 Times in 1,527 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 73 Posts

I notice you didnt mention Iran where they kill you for it and liberals want to be all buddy buddy with seems you forgot to mmention that one for some reason

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulletbob For This Post:

Callinectes (04-16-2021), cancel2 2022 (04-15-2021)

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    I notice you didnt mention Iran where they kill you for it and liberals want to be all buddy buddy with seems you forgot to mmention that one for some reason
    I noticed you didn't mention Trump starting the January 6th insurrection or Trump calling the Georgia SoS to coerce him to flip the election in his favor which is what they do in Authoritarian countries like Russia, Iran and China and Right Wing Qanon want to be all buddy buddy with Trump and his quest to make America a Dictatorship. Seems you forgot to mention that for some reason.

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Wow, the Alt Right is really coming out of the closet with their support for the Russians.

Either way, Dukkha is insulting America, but I assume he meant to say decadent(morally decayed), and not decedent(a dead person). Not only does "decadent" make more sense from his general intent, it can be used as an adjective to describe the west, while "decedent" would be a noun, and could not describe the west(another noun).
    OMG. a spelling error. If you hadn't noticed we are hedonistic, without public morals ( much less courtesies)
    transfixed with sex , sex ID, violent, and full of hate for each other, you havent been paying attention

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Callinectes (04-16-2021), cancel2 2022 (04-15-2021)

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I noticed you didn't mention Trump starting the January 6th insurrection or Trump calling the Georgia SoS to coerce him to flip the election in his favor which is what they do in Authoritarian countries like Russia, Iran and China and Right Wing Qanon want to be all buddy buddy with Trump and his quest to make America a Dictatorship. Seems you forgot to mention that for some reason.

whats that got t0 do with gy marriage being illegal i russia or Iran and you libs sucking up to iran again

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

whats that got t0 do with gy marriage being illegal i russia or Iran and you libs sucking up to iran again
    How is criticizing Russia sucking up to Iran, retard-o?

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I see you're still flunking Trump's School of Grammar. How many times have you taken his course BullShitBob. How much does Trump charge you for the class or do you just suck his dick for payment?

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    How is criticizing Russia sucking up to Iran, retard-o?
    never said it was now did i moron. Hey shouldn't you beg me for answers, your comprehension levels are very low , maybe I cant spell but you cant understand what your reading