Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Defamation League calls for Tucker Carlson to be fired

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,986 Times in 2,762 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 178 Times in 173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    The ADL head explained that the "Great Replacement" theory "is a white supremacist tenet that the white race is in danger by a rising tide of non-whites."

Greenblatt was referring to Carlson's appearance on "Fox News Primetime," when, talking to columnist Mark Steyn, the host offered a theory on why Democrats are pro-immigration.

"I know that the left and all the little gatekeepers on Twitter become literally hysterical if you use the term 'replacement,' if you suggest that the Democratic Party is trying to replace the current electorate..." Carlson said. "But they become hysterical because that's what's happening actually. Let's just say it. That's true."

"Carlson's full-on embrace of the white supremacist replacement theory on yesterday's show and his repeated allusions to racist themes in past segments are a bridge too far," the group wrote. "Given his long record of race-baiting, we believe it is time for Carlson to go."

The group said that it is the first time it has called for Carlson's ouster. The ADL said it has not yet received a reply from Fox News.

This is not the first time Carlson has come under fire for comments he's made on the network. In 2019, he drew extensive criticism for claiming the problem of white supremacy in the U.S. was a "hoax."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ocid=Peregrine
    Tucker made it clear he wasn't talking about racial replacement. He was talking about voter replacement. Working class AMERICANS are leaving the democrat party.

"I mean, everyone's making a racial issue out of it. Oh, the, you know, white replacement? No, no, this is a voting rights question," Carlson added later, saying changes to the population "dilute the political power" of current registered voters.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sirthinksalot For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (04-09-2021)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    If Tucker Carlson got hit with a pie every time he promoted hatred, he'd be covered - unrecognizable.
    are you saying that you watch Tucker Carlson too?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Controlled Opposition For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (04-09-2021)

5. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    Tucker made it clear he wasn't talking about racial replacement. He was talking about voter replacement. Working class AMERICANS are leaving the democrat party.
    Help me out here to understand this. Is the argument then that population growth (which comes from births and/or immigration) is bad because because it dilutes current voters?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-10-2021)

7. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Help me out here to understand this. Is the argument then that population growth (which comes from births and/or immigration) is bad because because it dilutes current voters?
    There's no mystery here, that's exactly what Tony B. Liar wanted by allowing the Eastern European countries into the UK a decade before it was mandatory in 2014. It worked well enough until the people saw through his real motivation. Of course anybody that opposed it was deemed racist, sound familiar?

8. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 40 Times in 35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I am right more often than almost anyone else, thats what the education was for.

GET BENT
    To claim to be right and educated while ending a post with "get bent" 8s laughably stupid.

If you are truly educated well, you would be able to see the benefits and acknowledge the merit of multiple sides of an argument.

My way or you are dumb is not asign of quality education. That is easy and requires little thought.
    Last edited by Whythink; 04-09-2021 at 09:06 PM.

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Whythink View Post
    To claim to be right and educated while ending a post with "get bent" 8s laughably stupid.

If you are truly educated well, you would be able to see the benefits and acknowledge the merit of multiple sides of an argument.

My way or you are dumb is not asign of quality education. That is easy and requires little thought.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    You have been warned.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

So why do you support BLM, CRT and Antifa?

11. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,986 Times in 2,762 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 178 Times in 173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    No, that isn't the argument. Legal immigration is just peachy.

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Glitch
    Last edited by Whythink; 04-09-2021 at 09:20 PM.

13. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    You have been warned.
    So smart you "warn" me. Of what. Challenging your genius? Lol.

14. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    So why do you support BLM, CRT and Antifa?
    There is very little you are going to get me to "support" I know the trap. I say yes, then you find the worst quote or behavior and accuse me of supporting it.

Do I support the ideals of BLM? Yes, the behavior and actions of every member, no.

CRT, I find it thought-provoking and worthy of further research/education. I do believe i have a lot to learn about race in America despite being 40+.

Antifa is not something I support. I don't know a lot about the group but it seems they do more damage than good.

I lead a very conservative life. However, what makes me progressive is that I don't believe my way is the only way. I want to learn more and be more inclusive. I don't have to participate in every behavior that I don't negatively judge.

My desire to learn more and being open to new ideas prevents me from being a current republican. I voted for GW twice. Disappointed in how that worked out but he is way more desirable than the current GOP.

Regarding the OP. I don't hate enough to respect tucker.

15. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

16. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-10-2021)

17. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

There is very little you are going to get me to "support" I know the trap. I say yes, then you find the worst quote or behavior and accuse me of supporting it.

Do I support the ideals of BLM? Yes, the behavior and actions of every member, no.

CRT, I find it thought-provoking and worthy of further research/education. I do believe i have a lot to learn about race in America despite being 40+.

Antifa is not something I support. I don't know a lot about the group but it seems they do more damage than good.

I lead a very conservative life. However, what makes me progressive is that I don't believe my way is the only way. I want to learn more and be more inclusive. I don't have to participate in every behavior that I don't negatively judge.

My desire to learn more and being open to new ideas prevents me from being a current republican. I voted for GW twice. Disappointed in how that worked out but he is way more desirable than the current GOP.

Regarding the OP. I don't hate enough to respect tucker.

A good human

Thanks

Did you used to watch Fox News back when you decided to back the Republican Party?

18. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Controlled Opposition,

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Opposition View Post
    are you saying that you watch Tucker Carlson too?
    No. I don't watch much commercial TV at all. I don't even have cable. And this is not about me.

Carlson makes the news with his outrageous hateful comments. That's my only familiarity with him. That's the point of his approach. He needs to say provocative things to keep the ratings up. It's gutter infotainment. Maybe we should create a new word: 'guttertainment.' He can't be proud of the damage he's done to our society, but it makes him rich so he shuts up about that and takes the money.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (04-10-2021)

20. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Sirthinksalot,

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    No, that isn't the argument. Legal immigration is just peachy.
    Not according to Trump's actions. He gutted the quotas.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.