Thread: Anti-Defamation League calls for Tucker Carlson to be fired

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,873 Times in 14,203 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,454 Times in 1,373 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Anti-Defamation League calls for Tucker Carlson to be fired

The ADL head explained that the "Great Replacement" theory "is a white supremacist tenet that the white race is in danger by a rising tide of non-whites."

Greenblatt was referring to Carlson's appearance on "Fox News Primetime," when, talking to columnist Mark Steyn, the host offered a theory on why Democrats are pro-immigration.

"I know that the left and all the little gatekeepers on Twitter become literally hysterical if you use the term 'replacement,' if you suggest that the Democratic Party is trying to replace the current electorate..." Carlson said. "But they become hysterical because that's what's happening actually. Let's just say it. That's true."

"Carlson's full-on embrace of the white supremacist replacement theory on yesterday's show and his repeated allusions to racist themes in past segments are a bridge too far," the group wrote. "Given his long record of race-baiting, we believe it is time for Carlson to go."

The group said that it is the first time it has called for Carlson's ouster. The ADL said it has not yet received a reply from Fox News.

This is not the first time Carlson has come under fire for comments he's made on the network. In 2019, he drew extensive criticism for claiming the problem of white supremacy in the U.S. was a "hoax."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ocid=Peregrine
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

evince (04-09-2021), PoliTalker (04-09-2021), Trumpet (04-09-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello guno,

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    The ADL head explained that the "Great Replacement" theory "is a white supremacist tenet that the white race is in danger by a rising tide of non-whites."

Greenblatt was referring to Carlson's appearance on "Fox News Primetime," when, talking to columnist Mark Steyn, the host offered a theory on why Democrats are pro-immigration.

"I know that the left and all the little gatekeepers on Twitter become literally hysterical if you use the term 'replacement,' if you suggest that the Democratic Party is trying to replace the current electorate..." Carlson said. "But they become hysterical because that's what's happening actually. Let's just say it. That's true."

"Carlson's full-on embrace of the white supremacist replacement theory on yesterday's show and his repeated allusions to racist themes in past segments are a bridge too far," the group wrote. "Given his long record of race-baiting, we believe it is time for Carlson to go."

The group said that it is the first time it has called for Carlson's ouster. The ADL said it has not yet received a reply from Fox News.

This is not the first time Carlson has come under fire for comments he's made on the network. In 2019, he drew extensive criticism for claiming the problem of white supremacy in the U.S. was a "hoax."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ocid=Peregrine
    But he's a cash cow because he gets so many people so angry and hateful - and coming back for more!

Firing Carlson would be like asking rich people to give up an easy and strong regular revenue stream.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-09-2021), Trumpet (04-09-2021), Whythink (04-09-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,125 Times in 12,648 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,395 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello guno,

But he's a cash cow because he gets so many people so angry and hateful - and coming back for more!

Firing Carlson would be like asking rich people to give up an easy and strong regular revenue stream.
    LIAR
    The bottom line is that conservatives cant admit to themselves the Evil they have allowed to romp on their watch.

This is going to hurt.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

Ironically, the Anti-Defamation-League's chief tactic is defamation.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Controlled Opposition For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (04-09-2021), ExpressLane (04-11-2021), moon (04-10-2021), Sirthinksalot (04-09-2021)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,125 Times in 12,648 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,395 Posts
    Blog Entries

That the Revolution has not been yet able to dismiss Tucker, one of the 30 most important people in the American conversation currently and deeply hostile towards the Revolution, really freaks them out. They have not seen very much failure on this scale, they generally have gotten everything they have demanded.
    The bottom line is that conservatives cant admit to themselves the Evil they have allowed to romp on their watch.

This is going to hurt.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (04-09-2021)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,639 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 404 Times in 391 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Opposition View Post
    Ironically, the Anti-Defamation-League's chief tactic is defamation.
    you obviously do not know the meaning of the word defamation. what they said about bowtie carlson was true and we have the video. learn to read, stupid.

I watched a little of fox today, and they were focusing on biden hunter's laptop!! yeah, that is a big ass deal.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoosier Daddy For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-09-2021), Trumpet (04-09-2021)

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    you obviously do not know the meaning of the word defamation. what they said about bowtie carlson was true and we have the video. learn to read, stupid.

I watched a little of fox today, and they were focusing on biden hunter's laptop!! yeah, that is a big ass deal.
    Really? I never watch Fox news, but you called me stupid. You are a good writer, but you ruin every thing you post by being so obnoxious. It's a shame. Onto the ignore list with you.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Controlled Opposition For This Post:

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,098 Times in 7,521 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,106 Times in 1,051 Posts

Tucker Carlson is not a serious social commentator.
    He's entertainment programming for the dreck of society.

He doesn't bother any people of actual value because people of value would not bring his extraordinarily punchable face into their media rooms.
    Fox News is the ONLY network that I have blocked on my cable box because I don't want to see their repugnant faces accidentally while flipping through channels.
    If there's nothing else to watch and I don't have a new book,
    I'd rather watch the Korean soap operas on Netflix. 감사합니다 [Thank you.]
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NiftyNiblick For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (04-09-2021), Guno צְבִי (04-09-2021), Whythink (04-09-2021)

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,272 Times in 13,987 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

He is attempting to appeal to the racist audience, subtly, but it is there;

"If you change the population, you dilute the political power of the people who live there. So every time they import a new voter, I become disenfranchised as a current voter. I have less political power because they are importing a brand new electorate." - Tucker Carlson

So basically, Tucker thinks cause he was born here his vote should count more than other Americans

Would not the same entitlement logic be heard at a “militia,” KKK, or Unite the Right rally?

17. The Following User Groans At archives For This Awful Post:

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-09-2021), PoliTalker (04-09-2021), Trumpet (04-09-2021)

19. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

America saw the trash in Charlottesville chant about Jews, you will no replace us , hence "Great Replacement theory "
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-10-2021), Whythink (04-09-2021)

21. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,777 Times in 27,251 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...eff/index.html

The top writer for Fox News host Tucker Carlson has for years been using a pseudonym to post bigoted remarks on an online forum that is a hotbed for racist, sexist, and other offensive content, CNN Business learned this week.

The top writer for Fox News host Tucker Carlson has for years been using a pseudonym to post bigoted remarks on an online forum that is a hotbed for racist, sexist, and other offensive content, CNN Business learned this week.

22. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evince For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-09-2021), PoliTalker (04-10-2021)

24. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The Anti-Defamation League and other Jewish groups on Friday morning blasted Fox News host Tucker Carlson after the TV talker offered up a passionate defense of the racist “Great Replacement” conspiracy theory the night prior.

The theory is a “white supremacist tenet that the white race is in danger by a rising tide of non-white,” ADL CEO Jonathan Greenblatt tweeted on Friday morning, noting that the concept has also served as motivation for several high-profile mass murders.

“It is antisemitic, racist and toxic. It has informed the ideology of mass shooters in El Paso, Christchurch and Pittsburgh,” the ADL leader wrote, adding a call for the TV star’s ouster: “Tucker must go.”

Later on Friday, the ADL released a letter addressed to Fox News Media CEO Suzanne Scott, listing off other examples of anti-semitic Carlson commentary. “We believe in dialogue and giving people a chance to redeem themselves, but Carlson’s full-on embrace of the white supremacist replacement theory on yesterday’s show and his repeated allusions to racist themes in past segments are a bridge too far,” the organization wrote.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/anti-d...acement-theory

— Golda Meir

ברוך השם

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

evince (04-10-2021)

26. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello archives,

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    He is attempting to appeal to the racist audience, subtly, but it is there;

"If you change the population, you dilute the political power of the people who live there. So every time they import a new voter, I become disenfranchised as a current voter. I have less political power because they are importing a brand new electorate." - Tucker Carlson

So basically, Tucker thinks cause he was born here his vote should count more than other Americans

Would not the same entitlement logic be heard at a “militia,” KKK, or Unite the Right rally?
    He can dress his smooth talking xenophobia up just as pretty as he pleases. It's still xenophobia.

He does the country a disloyal disservice with talk like that. How anti-American can he get? That goes against everything American, the beauty of our diversity. Why, we'd be NOTHING without our diversity...

If America is one of the greatest of all ships, he is the one with the loose lips.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (04-10-2021), Guno צְבִי (04-09-2021)

28. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Lefties grasping at straws. LMAO!

29. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If Tucker Carlson got hit with a pie every time he promoted hatred, he'd be covered - unrecognizable.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (04-10-2021), Whythink (04-09-2021)