Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mars Helicopter Does CHOP! CHOP! CHOP!

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,037 Times in 14,531 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Althea,

And I suppose Lincoln should have suspended construction work on the Capitol Dome when the Civil War broke out. Many thought he should. But he said no, the work must go on. His words: "If people see the Capitol going on, it is a sign we intend the Union shall go on."
    Is this a sign that we're about to invade Mars?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Althea For This Post:

AProudLefty (04-11-2021), PoliTalker (04-11-2021)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,714 Times in 27,344 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I am. I am saying that I have noticed a general lack of interest in this mars mission.

What do you see?
    ^ I see a poster who probably does not have the slightest interest in space exploration, theoretical physics, evolutionary biology.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

AProudLefty (04-11-2021)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    ^ I see a poster who probably does not have the slightest interest in space exploration, theoretical physics, evolutionary biology.
    There was once a time when the middle class could earn a good wage, support a family, and pay their taxes. The wealthy paid their fair share of taxes, and there was money for scientific experiment. I just question the combination of lower revenue and increased spending on this program? The nation is crumbling around us. It could certainly be argued that many of our advancements in society have come from the space program.

I think we forgot about the basics, though.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Althea For This Post:

AProudLefty (04-11-2021), Cypress (04-11-2021)

7. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,714 Times in 27,344 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    There was once a time when the middle class could earn a good wage, support a family, and pay their taxes. The wealthy paid their fair share of taxes, and there was money for scientific experiment. I just question the combination of lower revenue and increased spending on this program? The nation is crumbling around us. It could certainly be argued that many of our advancements in society have come from the space program.

In my opinion, the developed world has more than enough money for universal healthcare, public retirement pensions, unemployment insurance, and foreign aid to developing countries as well as for particle accelerators, public art museums, space exploration.

What is lacking is political will.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Althea (04-11-2021), AProudLefty (04-11-2021), PoliTalker (04-11-2021)

9. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,115 Times in 12,640 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Be useful please, which Austin Powers movie is the most fun?

I am tasked with finding tonights flix.

We are having ribs.

And cornbread.

tyvm
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

10. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Althea,

Selfish Republicans refuse to balance the budget. They always want to cut taxes, and they claim it will pay for itself, but it never does. Trump ran the debt sky high, and he left us in a perpetual negative unbalanced budget situation. If we want to get control of the federal budget, and we should, taxes will have to be raised on the rich.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

11. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,069 Times in 8,417 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    When we see what incredible things that we can do,
    that makes not being able to do things that should be much easier to do
    all the more frustrating.
    Like people with penises are male and those with vaginas are female? Like that?

12. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,785 Times in 17,104 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,344 Times in 2,263 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    Like people with penises are male and those with vaginas are female? Like that?

13. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,069 Times in 8,417 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Althea,

Selfish Republicans refuse to balance the budget. They always want to cut taxes, and they claim it will pay for itself, but it never does. Trump ran the debt sky high, and he left us in a perpetual negative unbalanced budget situation. If we want to get control of the federal budget, and we should, taxes will have to be raised on the rich.
    You realize dont you that there aren't enough "rich" people to tax even at 200% to balance the budget? You people just recycle the same old talking points dont you?

14. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,485 Times in 52,488 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    I hope it will fly tomorrow.
    Me too. First Flight on Mars!
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

AProudLefty (04-12-2021)

16. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Althea,

Agree. They've had a 5 year tax holiday, and have made billions while half of the nation starves due to Covid issues.

A large number of CEOs claimed that a corporate tax hike would make it hard for them to compete on the world stage, make it harder to hire workers, and make it harder to expand their businesses via capital projects.

What bullshit. Taxes are paid on profits after you pay employees, CEOs, and make expenditures for expansion of the business. They wouldn't pay any more in taxes if they gave raises, and did their expansion.

They didn't use the tax giveaway to hike salaries, or create jobs. They promised Congress that they wouldn't do either when they testified before the tax giveaway was passed. The tax giveaway passed anyway.

17. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Althea,

Agree. They've had a 5 year tax holiday, and have made billions while half of the nation starves due to Covid issues.

A large number of CEOs claimed that a corporate tax hike would make it hard for them to compete on the world stage, make it harder to hire workers, and make it harder to expand their businesses via capital projects.

What bullshit. Taxes are paid on profits after you pay employees, CEOs, and make expenditures for expansion of the business. They wouldn't pay any more in taxes if they gave raises, and did their expansion.

They didn't use the tax giveaway to hike salaries, or create jobs. They promised Congress that they wouldn't do either when they testified before the tax giveaway was passed. The tax giveaway passed anyway.
    It was no secret what they did with the tax cut windfall. Stock buy-backs!

Job creators, schmob creators.

Buncha selfish crooks!
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

18. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Althea,

It was no secret what they did with the tax cut windfall. Stock buy-backs!

Job creators, schmob creators.

Buncha selfish crooks!
    Can't blame them for accepting a tax giveaway. It's not like they promised Congress that they would give pay raises and hire workers. Quite the contrary.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-12-2021)

20. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,774 Times in 27,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    When we see what incredible things that we can do,
    that makes not being able to do things that should be much easier to do
    all the more frustrating.
    See what we can do when we go by merit

Lots of people of color were involved

It’s the epitome of stupid to waste talent and Brains due to skin color

21. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You have to get the software right if you want a soft landing...

Ingenuity helicopter's Mars flight delayed again while NASA updates software

"We'll still have to wait a bit longer to see a helicopter flying around on Mars. NASA has again postponed the Ingenuity Mars helicopter's first experimental flight, which was originally set for Sunday, April 11.

The flight initially got pushed back to no earlier than April 14 due to a safety alert during a high-speed spin test of Ingenuity's rotors on Friday, two days before the scheduled inaugural voyage. Ingenuity's flight control software will get a minor modification and reinstallation, NASA said in a statement Monday, and the agency will set a flight date next week. "

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

AProudLefty (04-14-2021), Doc Dutch (04-14-2021)