Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Who is currently the stupidest member of Congress?

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Win - Matt Gaetz
    Place - Marjorie Taylor Greene
    Show - Jim Jordan, but this was a photo finish between about ten Trumptards.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Doc Dutch (04-10-2021), Guno צְבִי (04-10-2021), no worries (04-11-2021), PoliTalker (04-11-2021)

3. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,457 Times in 52,469 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Win - Matt Gaetz
    Place - Marjorie Taylor Greene
    Show - Jim Jordan, but this was a photo finish between about ten Trumptards.
    Agreed on Gaetz and Greene. Not sure if Jordan is stupid or just a corrupt, greedy, lying, rape-supporting asshole.

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-10-2021), no worries (04-11-2021), PoliTalker (04-11-2021)

5. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,340 Times in 8,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    I watched him debate Pence during the 2016 election and god, he was awful.... I have ZERO respect for liars--err, lawyers and their profession
    Guess what Pence's education is? He went to law school. He did not go to as good of a law school as Kaine, and did not do as well as Kaine, but he went to law school.

Guess what trump wanted to do? trump tried desperately to go to law school, but he just was not smart enough.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-11-2021)

7. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,303 Times in 13,425 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 843 Times in 802 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Guess what Pence's education is? He went to law school. He did not go to as good of a law school as Kaine, and did not do as well as Kaine, but he went to law school.

Guess what trump wanted to do? trump tried desperately to go to law school, but he just was not smart enough.
    So? Doesn't change that I have no respect for the profession of law whatsoever. In fact, given the above, I'd rate Kaine as the dumbest fuck of the three in those terms as the more prestigious the law school the more likely you are to be a legal retard.

8. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,243 Times in 13,968 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

So after sixty four posts, what is the consensus on the stupidest person in Congress? Still got to go with my man Louie Gohmert, remove all the obvious partisan opinions and Louie has got to be tops

Your thread, final say is your’s, who is it?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-11-2021)

10. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm partial to Hank Johnson. It's hard to beat his Guam thing for utter stupidity. But his being openly racist and a bigot really adds to that as being a true dumb fuck.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-11-2021)

12. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Who is currently the stupidest member of Congress?

Sheila Jackson Lee. FTW.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

13. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 661 Times in 608 Posts

Who in your opinion is the stupidest member of Congress? Yes, yes, there are so many to choose from, but who do you think takes first prize? Please regale us with examples of your choice so we can compare and contrast them.
    All seditious repukes at about 143 of them who should be ejected based on Article III, Section 3, Clause 1: Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court." When it comes to seditious and antigovernment conspiring repukes who joined that sewer conspiring creature tRump to wage war on Democracy in numerous ways, I believe this sanction applies to all of them, including seditious repukes cluttering up Congress and elsewhere.

https://constitution.congress.gov/br...20open%20Court.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to gemini104104 For This Post:

no worries (04-11-2021)

15. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by gemini104104 View Post
    All seditious repukes at about 143 of them who should be ejected based on Article III, Section 3, Clause 1: Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court." When it comes to seditious and antigovernment conspiring repukes who joined that sewer conspiring creature tRump to wage war on Democracy in numerous ways, I believe this sanction applies to all of them, including seditious repukes cluttering up Congress and elsewhere.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightbringer For This Post:

RB 60 (04-11-2021)

17. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by gemini104104 View Post

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Lightbringer (04-11-2021), RB 60 (04-11-2021)

19. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,036 Times in 766 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 155 Times in 147 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drummie123 View Post
    When Leftist nutbags like Cher spank you, and you are a Leftist Congressperson, I think that should tell you SOMETHING.

AOC cost her constituents 25,000 Jobs.

That is pretty freaking stupid.

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/cher-ocasio-cortez/
    No, she didn't, lying teabagger (www.teaparty.org) Cortez represents the 14th district of NY, amazon wanted to build in Long Island City, which is in the 12th district, represented by Carolyn Maloney.

Teabaggers (www.teaparty.org) again, relying on FOX for their "facts".

20. The Following User Says Thank You to no worries For This Post:

christiefan915 (04-11-2021)

21. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by no worries View Post
    No, she didn't, lying teabagger (www.teaparty.org) Cortez represents the 14th district of NY, amazon wanted to build in Long Island City, which is in the 12th district, represented by Carolyn Maloney.

Teabaggers (www.teaparty.org) again, relying on FOX for their "facts".

22. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,036 Times in 766 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 155 Times in 147 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    Do you really have to do that?

EVERYONE knows your comments are always FOS.

Must you constantly remind people?

23. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Walt,

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    It would be easy to point to crazy conspiracy theorist Taylor-Greene, but how much of that is actually stupidity, and how much is fooling the stupid followers. Likewise, Gaetz acted stupidly in pursuit of sex, but sex makes many of us stupid. He was arrogant, but that is taught not necessarily lack of intelligence.

Lack of intelligence is not about success or failure. Cronkite interviewed every President from FDR to Bush, and said Carter was the smartest. Not the most successful, but the smartest. There is an important difference.

So I would say Madison Cawthorn. He was homeschooled, and just barely passed the test to get a high school degree. The test is easier than going to high school. He then road in a car with a drunk friend and got into an accident. That part is the stupidity of youth, so I am not counting it against him. Before the accident, even with strong political support from his powerful local family, he was rejected from Annapolis. It is difficult for the Navy to overrule a Congressional appointment to their academy, they only do that when the candidate is dumber than dirt.

Cawthorn was backdoored into Patrick Henry College, because he was so clearly unqualified even for a third rate college they could not get him in through the front door. He flunked out after one semester. He blamed the injury for his inability to read a book, but there is no evidence he was ever able to read a book.

Then he watched TV for four years... And after that, he was elected to Congress by the state of Tennessee.

I am not even joking.

Here is a quote by him, claiming his stupidity is caused by his accident(remember, the Navy had already found him completely stupid before the accident):
    Wow.

Sounds like no better candidate exists for the title.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

24. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello T. A. Gardner,

So? It just goes to show you that grades aren't everything. I like to call Kaine "The Grinning Ass." I watched him debate Pence during the 2016 election and god, he was awful. The guy knew little about policy and talked mainly in generalities and sound bites.

Oh, I consider anyone who went to any law school a fool until proven otherwise. I have ZERO respect for liars--err, lawyers and their profession (and yes, I do let them know that on the occasions I've had to deal with the court system). I see a law degree as nothing but a very simple liberal art at the graduate level. I have more respect for someone who got an MA in music than a law degree. So, keep that in mind in the future when discussing liars--err, lawyers I always get the two confused--with me.

So, while I don't hold Kaine to be on the level of utterly stupid moron I do some of the others I've listed, I do consider him to be a not-so-smart grinning ass of a politician who is mediocre at best at his chosen profession. Of course, that isn't saying much as we seem to rarely elect the best and brightest to public office in general.
    You know, we are so hard on any public figure. How in the world could we expect to get fine people to hold public office? Who in their right mind would want that? Do you want a job where everything you do is held up for public criticism by the most disingenuous and slanted wordsmiths of the nation? Who wants today's media, be it professional or social, to be picking apart everything they do?

There have got to be multitudes of fine individuals in this country who have fantastic skills, ability and judgement who would never even consider holding public office.

The way this country works is why we don't get better leadership.

Ancient democratic Athens had the same problem.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.