Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 119

Thread: Who is currently the stupidest member of Congress?

  1. #46 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    12,109
    Thanks
    522
    Thanked 4,527 Times in 3,126 Posts
    Groans
    29
    Groaned 1,600 Times in 1,473 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    You must have missed the script...which is that Trumps grades are fine only because he cheated.
    You are wrong. trump was only able to graduate because he cheated. he clearly did not cheat enough to get fine grades. There is no evidence trump can read a book either.


  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Walt For This Post:

    christiefan915 (04-10-2021), no worries (04-11-2021)

  3. #47 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    18,543
    Thanks
    1,193
    Thanked 5,265 Times in 4,281 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 208 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    You are wrong. trump was only able to graduate because he cheated. he clearly did not cheat enough to get fine grades. There is no evidence trump can read a book either.

    "The IVY's were shit by 1966" does not hunt.

    Do you have a fall back plan?
    I am going to go standing up, with my flag flying high for what I believe in.

  4. #48 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    12,109
    Thanks
    522
    Thanked 4,527 Times in 3,126 Posts
    Groans
    29
    Groaned 1,600 Times in 1,473 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    "The IVY's were shit by 1966" does not hunt.
    I have more experience with the Ivies than you do. I do not mean that as an insult, just a statement of obvious fact. I was not born in 1966, but I know about a lot of things before I was born.

    The Ivies have never been shit, nor are they now. They will give degrees to less intelligent, well connected students, like trump. It is an odd mixture of the academically most gifted, and the socially most elite. It works for the Ivy League.

    When the Republicans talk about the government forcing the Ivies to change how they do things, they are talking about changing one of the most successful systems in the history of humanity.

  5. #49 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    18,543
    Thanks
    1,193
    Thanked 5,265 Times in 4,281 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 208 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    I have more experience with the Ivies than you do. I do not mean that as an insult, just a statement of obvious fact. I was not born in 1966, but I know about a lot of things before I was born.

    The Ivies have never been shit, nor are they now. They will give degrees to less intelligent, well connected students, like trump. It is an odd mixture of the academically most gifted, and the socially most elite. It works for the Ivy League.

    When the Republicans talk about the government forcing the Ivies to change how they do things, they are talking about changing one of the most successful systems in the history of humanity.
    I have it on good authority that Trump can read fine, but that he does not like too.....his mother with the support of his father insisted that he read a lot as a kid....once he ran his own life he stopped reading as much as possible.
    I am going to go standing up, with my flag flying high for what I believe in.

  6. #50 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    12,109
    Thanks
    522
    Thanked 4,527 Times in 3,126 Posts
    Groans
    29
    Groaned 1,600 Times in 1,473 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I have it on good authority that Trump can read fine, but that he does not like too.....his mother with the support of his father insisted that he read a lot as a kid....once he ran his own life he stopped reading as much as possible.
    So you say that trump stopped reading 56 years ago, but you think he might be able to start reading again, if he wanted to. I do not know about that. I do know that after a decade of not speaking a language, people generally forget much of it. I would assume after 56 years, trump would hardly be able to read.

  7. #51 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    18,543
    Thanks
    1,193
    Thanked 5,265 Times in 4,281 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 208 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    So you say that trump stopped reading 56 years ago, but you think he might be able to start reading again, if he wanted to. I do not know about that. I do know that after a decade of not speaking a language, people generally forget much of it. I would assume after 56 years, trump would hardly be able to read.
    You assume to much, and you know what that means!
    I am going to go standing up, with my flag flying high for what I believe in.

  8. #52 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    12,109
    Thanks
    522
    Thanked 4,527 Times in 3,126 Posts
    Groans
    29
    Groaned 1,600 Times in 1,473 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    You assume to much, and you know what that means!
    That is the second time you have reversed "to" and "too."

    Anyway, they are your claims. I am just saying that after 56 years of not reading, trump would not be a good reader.

  9. #53 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    457
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 52 Times in 52 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default Youth Football.

    What happens after you catch a pass? You run upfield, tuck accordingly.

    750939af342d17dec0b0e0916eb9958f--baseball-movies-baseball-cards.jpg

    Is there a difference between sandlot and organized? There's a huge difference.

    I ran down the block the other day and was dogging it big time. This guy's got a lot to say. He should mind his business.
    I played sandlot with the kids that were on a organized team. I quickly found out what I didn't know.
    I joined the team.
    Have you ever played organized ball before kid?
    NO! Just with friends.
    You mean sandlot?
    Yes!
    Let's get you started.

    I couldn't find it.

  10. #54 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Steeler Nation
    Posts
    55,577
    Thanks
    45,045
    Thanked 28,168 Times in 19,855 Posts
    Groans
    4,733
    Groaned 2,573 Times in 2,457 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Space lasers to 9/11 conspiracies: A glance at Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene




    https://tulsaworld.com/news/national...7f44d2758.html
    Absolutely. And right behind her is Lauren Boebert.
    “What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

    Dutch Uncle (04-10-2021), no worries (04-11-2021)

  12. #55 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    37,950
    Thanks
    11,148
    Thanked 16,592 Times in 12,869 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 2,097 Times in 2,055 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Absolutely. And right behind her is Lauren Boebert.
    Greene and Boebert are certainly in the running, but no one, IMO, beats Matt Gaetz.

    Stripping Americans of their rights, regardless if inalienable or unenumerated, is against American ideals

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dutch Uncle For This Post:

    christiefan915 (04-10-2021)

  14. #56 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Steeler Nation
    Posts
    55,577
    Thanks
    45,045
    Thanked 28,168 Times in 19,855 Posts
    Groans
    4,733
    Groaned 2,573 Times in 2,457 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    So you say that trump stopped reading 56 years ago, but you think he might be able to start reading again, if he wanted to. I do not know about that. I do know that after a decade of not speaking a language, people generally forget much of it. I would assume after 56 years, trump would hardly be able to read.
    He doesn't have the attention span for reading. Frankly I think he's dyslexic, in addition to all of his other intellectual deficits.
    “What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

    PoliTalker (04-11-2021)

  16. #57 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Steeler Nation
    Posts
    55,577
    Thanks
    45,045
    Thanked 28,168 Times in 19,855 Posts
    Groans
    4,733
    Groaned 2,573 Times in 2,457 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Greene and Boebert are certainly in the running, but no one, IMO, beats Matt Gaetz.

    I agree he's in that group of special people who make you cringe every time they open their mouths.
    “What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

    PoliTalker (04-11-2021)

  18. #58 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    37,950
    Thanks
    11,148
    Thanked 16,592 Times in 12,869 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 2,097 Times in 2,055 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    He doesn't have the attention span for reading. Frankly I think he's dyslexic, in addition to all of his other intellectual deficits.
    Dyslexia would explain a lot. Some much for "good genes", eh?

    https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...d-genes-2020-9
    You have good genes. You know that, right? You have good genes. A lot of it is about the genes, isn't it, don't you believe? The racehorse theory. You think we're so different? You have good genes in Minnesota," Trump said to his supporters in a state where many people are of Scandinavian descent.

    Minnesota is about 79% white, according to the US Census Bureau, and the crowd on Friday appeared to reflect that.



    Stripping Americans of their rights, regardless if inalienable or unenumerated, is against American ideals

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dutch Uncle For This Post:

    christiefan915 (04-10-2021), PoliTalker (04-11-2021)

  20. #59 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    37,950
    Thanks
    11,148
    Thanked 16,592 Times in 12,869 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 2,097 Times in 2,055 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    I agree he's in that group of special people who make you cringe every time they open their mouths.
    Seeing Matt take the Walk of Shame with a coat over his handcuffs will cause parents of little girls to breathe a sigh of relief.
    Stripping Americans of their rights, regardless if inalienable or unenumerated, is against American ideals

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dutch Uncle For This Post:

    christiefan915 (04-10-2021), PoliTalker (04-11-2021)

  22. #60 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    9,314
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 4,706 Times in 3,365 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Tim Kaine got graduated summa cum laude. He went on to work for a Catholic charity in Latin America for 9 months, and is still fluent in Spanish from the experience. Then he went to Harvard Law School, and graduated from there.

    trump graduated near the bottom of every school he attended, and could not get into any law school, much less Harvard.
    So? It just goes to show you that grades aren't everything. I like to call Kaine "The Grinning Ass." I watched him debate Pence during the 2016 election and god, he was awful. The guy knew little about policy and talked mainly in generalities and sound bites.

    Oh, I consider anyone who went to any law school a fool until proven otherwise. I have ZERO respect for liars--err, lawyers and their profession (and yes, I do let them know that on the occasions I've had to deal with the court system). I see a law degree as nothing but a very simple liberal art at the graduate level. I have more respect for someone who got an MA in music than a law degree. So, keep that in mind in the future when discussing liars--err, lawyers I always get the two confused--with me.

    So, while I don't hold Kaine to be on the level of utterly stupid moron I do some of the others I've listed, I do consider him to be a not-so-smart grinning ass of a politician who is mediocre at best at his chosen profession. Of course, that isn't saying much as we seem to rarely elect the best and brightest to public office in general.

Similar Threads

  1. Looks like every member of Congress supports walls now
    By canceled.2021.1 in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2021, 02:32 AM
  2. ILHAN OMAR ‘THE MOST IMPORTANT’ MEMBER OF CONGRESS
    By Jim Eagle in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-08-2019, 12:51 PM
  3. First Openly Bisexual Member of Congress (and Second Atheist)
    By Bonestorm in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-13-2012, 09:56 AM
  4. SCREW: Richest Member of Congress 2011
    By Guns Guns Guns in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-28-2011, 11:15 AM
  5. Why Is John Ensign Still A Member of Congress
    By Bonestorm in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-11-2010, 12:33 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •