1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,897 Times in 21,661 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,689 Times in 5,192 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Big government is bullying us!

Big government is bullying us!

Why is it the same people who claim the above also say.... “If he didn’t want to be shot, he should have obeyed the police!”

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well, let me try to actually answer that question (I'll pretend it is a serious question for entertainment's sake):

1. Unless the police are the FBI or ATF or something like that they are not "big government", they are local.

2. Folks like you describe here understand that in a situation like that the person with the qualified immunity and a gun has a bit more personal power than the guy who knows that, "Running from the cops is not a capital offense"... and decides that right now is the time to prove it. Folks like you describe here know that they shouldn't be shot in this situation, but also know that qualified immunity and a gun tends to mean that getting into a 2 ton machine and driving anywhere when the police are trying to arrest you would mean that the cops would suddenly "feel threatened" which would increase your chances of getting shot by a multitude...

3. Folks like you describe here also understand that getting arrested is better than getting shot in almost any situation.

so..

4. Folks like you describe here may feel that the government is bullying folks, and may still tell you to simply get arrested and get an attorney rather than run and possibly die.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Grokmaster (04-12-2021)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,578 Times in 9,986 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 873 Times in 830 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post

Why is it the same people who claim the above also say.... “If he didn’t want to be shot, he should have obeyed the police!”
    There is no fucking way you are an attorney. Not even the ambulance chaser type. Im pretty sure you dont have enuff brains to be a garbage man to be honest.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Well, let me try to actually answer that question (I'll pretend it is a serious question for entertainment's sake):

1. Unless the police are the FBI or ATF or something like that they are not "big government", they are local.

2. Folks like you describe here understand that in a situation like that the person with the qualified immunity and a gun has a bit more personal power than the guy who knows that, "Running from the cops is not a capital offense"... and decides that right now is the time to prove it. Folks like you describe here know that they shouldn't be shot in this situation, but also know that qualified immunity and a gun tends to mean that getting into a 2 ton machine and driving anywhere when the police are trying to arrest you would mean that the cops would suddenly "feel threatened" which would increase your chances of getting shot by a multitude...

3. Folks like you describe here also understand that getting arrested is better than getting shot in almost any situation.

so..

4. Folks like you describe here may feel that the government is bullying folks, and may still tell you to simply get arrested and get an attorney rather than run and possibly die.
    When a police officer, from any government, demands something not required of you, like “GET OUT OF YOUR CAR”, with a gun pointed at you... that’s government abusing its power at the most base level. THATS WHERE WE ACTUALLY SHOULD STAND UP, and refuse to be pushed around.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Demanding you obey the police when they demand something they have no right to demand is the epitome of giving total power to the government.

Excising an officer of the government for shooting someone because they disobeyed an unlawful command is sad!

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

When a police officer, from any government, demands something not required of you, like “GET OUT OF YOUR CAR”, with a gun pointed at you... that’s government abusing its power at the most base level. THATS WHERE WE ACTUALLY SHOULD STAND UP, and refuse to be pushed around.
    And where we will likely get shot so you can use our death to prove an ineffective point.

I prefer to live and sue for excessive force to the option you present me with.

I can die so you can be ineffective on a message board telling me to die for your freedom, or I can live and work to ensure that freedom while not being a martyr for folks to use on ineffective social media.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

dukkha (04-12-2021), Stone (04-12-2021)

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

how about you follow orders and then sue the cops if they exceed their authority?

It's the proportional response,
    it doesn't get the person ordered being killed, and it allows the cop to do his street job
    but still be subject to sanction if he's exceeding authority

Plus it doesn't get perps and cops dead
    I don't know how you were diverted / You were perverted too
    I don't know how you were inverted / No one alerted you

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Fucking idiots pretend to believe in independence from government, then demand you obey or be shot!

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    how about you follow orders and then sue the cops if they exceed their authority?

It's the proportional response,
    it doesn't get the person ordered being killed, and it allows the cop to do his street job
    but still be subject to sanction if he's exceeding authority

Plus it doesn't get perps and cops dead
    Section 1983 is a very expensive claim to file and prove. You are an idiot. Follow orders or be shot is government run amuck.

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,293 Times in 13,419 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 843 Times in 802 Posts

When did those two things become mutually exclusive?

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    And where we will likely get shot so you can use our death to prove an ineffective point.

I prefer to live and sue for excessive force to the option you present me with.

I can die so you can be ineffective on a message board telling me to die for your freedom, or I can live and work to ensure that freedom while not being a martyr for folks to use on ineffective social media.
    I’m not telling you to die, but your ilk defends people being shot for not obeying lock step!

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I had a gun pulled on me a few months ago for refusing to get out of my car on a parking ticket. I beat the stupid ticket and formally filed an IA complaint which resulted in nothing. I don’t have any damages... so no lawsuit. No redress.

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I had a gun pulled on me a few months ago for refusing to get out of my car on a parking ticket. I beat the stupid ticket and formally filed an IA complaint which resulted in nothing. I don’t have any damages... so no lawsuit. No redress.
    no damages no foul.
    The complaint in in the officers jacket - they arent going to take action because the cop simply ordered you out of the car -but there is a citizen complaint in that personnel file

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    no damages no foul.
    The complaint in in the officers jacket - they arent going to take action because the cop simply ordered you out of the car -but there is a citizen complaint in that personnel file
    So, blindly comply with any demand of the government’s enforcer... just so there are no monetary damages, it’s ok, they can do as they please.... even pull a gun.

If I pulled a gun on someone, I’d be in prison.

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Section 1983 is a very expensive claim to file and prove. You are an idiot. Follow orders or be shot is government run amuck.
    why file a civil rights case? why do you jump to that?
    There are other recourses, if you want justice and not just civil rights payout

I have been jacked up like a hundred time by dope cops back in Baltimore -yet here I am living and breathing and responding to your Woke outrage.
    Because i understand cops got a gun, and I dont -and I'm breathing and other jerks are dead because
    i kept my cool, and they acted out -which is the "idiot"?