Thread: Record number of people now identifying as Democrat while GOP support plummets

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,174 Times in 5,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 593 Times in 557 Posts

Default Record number of people now identifying as Democrat while GOP support plummets

The nine-point boost to Democrats is the largest since 2012

A record number of Americans, almost half of the population of the US, now identify more with Democrats than with Republicans by a margin President Joe Biden’s party hasn’t seen in a decade.

An average of 49 per cent of adults in America identified with Joe Biden’s Democratic Party or said they are independents with Democratic leanings during the first quarter of 2021, according to Gallup polling agency.

In a significant drop, only 40 per cent people reported affiliation to Republicans or leaned towards the party.

The agency said the nine percentage-point boost to Democrats is the largest since the fourth quarter of 2012.

As per the breakup, 30 per cent of people said they were affiliated to Democrats while 19 per cent were Democratic-leaning independents. In comparison, 25 per cent identified as Republicans while the other 15 per cent were Republican leaners.

Gallup, the agency that routinely conducts surveys to identify people’s political affiliation, conducted the poll through phone between January and March.

Democrats typically had a 4 to 6 point advantage over Republic and even widened to double-digit through most of 2006 and early 2009. It was at the end of the George W Bush administration and Barack Obama was to take over after the elections.

Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-08-2021), LV426 (04-08-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Truth isn’t popular here.

But this is why republicans are so DESPERATE. It’s why they FEAR the American people.

It’s what restrictions on voting are all about.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-08-2021), Phantasmal (04-08-2021), signalmankenneth (04-08-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,174 Times in 5,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 593 Times in 557 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    Truth isn’t popular here.

But this is why republicans are so DESPERATE. It’s why they FEAR the American people.

It’s what restrictions on voting are all about.
    The RepubliQans are no longer tolerable. With radical extremists like Marjorie Taylor Green, Lauren Boebert, Josh Hawley, Matt Gaetz, Jim Jordan, Ron Johnson, Lindsey Graham, Mitch McConnell, the party is now the GQP party. Trump poisoned the RepubliQan party and it will be years/decades before they win another Presidential Election.

Republican have only won the popular vote in a presidential election once in the past 30 years.
    Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-08-2021), Phantasmal (04-08-2021)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

YEAH...DEAD PEOPLE, MILLIONS OF UNVERIFIED, NON-EXISTENT MAIL IN VOTERS, ETC., ETC...ALL DEMOCRATS...
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

"Support the Revolution or else you get hurt".
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    YEAH...DEAD PEOPLE, MILLIONS OF UNVERIFIED, NON-EXISTENT MAIL IN VOTERS, ETC., ETC...ALL DEMOCRATS...
    And your proof of this?

Oh, that's right, you don't have any. Because you made it up.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-08-2021), Whythink (04-08-2021)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

"Results for this Gallup poll are based on telephone interviews conducted January-March 2021 with a random sample of 3,960 adults, aged 18 and older, living in all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia. For results based on the total sample of national adults, the margin of sampling error is ±2 percentage points at the 95% confidence level. All reported margins of sampling error include computed design effects for weighting.

Each sample of national adults includes a minimum quota of 70% cellphone respondents and 30% landline respondents, with additional minimum quotas by time zone within region. Landline and cellular telephone numbers are selected using random-digit-dial methods."

I would also suggest you dimwit Democrats actually read the poll. You will see quite clearly that once again you are all talking out your asses.

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    "Results for this Gallup poll are based on telephone interviews conducted January-March 2021 with a random sample of 3,960 adults, aged 18 and older, living in all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia. For results based on the total sample of national adults, the margin of sampling error is ±2 percentage points at the 95% confidence level. All reported margins of sampling error include computed design effects for weighting.

Each sample of national adults includes a minimum quota of 70% cellphone respondents and 30% landline respondents, with additional minimum quotas by time zone within region. Landline and cellular telephone numbers are selected using random-digit-dial methods."

I would also suggest you dimwit Democrats actually read the poll. You will see quite clearly that once again you are all talking out your asses.
    Poopeye, no body, but no body, can come close to matching you when it comes to talking out of your ass.
    Lock Him Up

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Means nothing, in my lifetime I have seen the supposed funeral of both parties, yet, they still survive