Thread: Manchin: 'No circumstance in which I will vote to eliminate or weaken the filibuster.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 661 Times in 608 Posts

Default Manchin: 'No circumstance in which I will vote to eliminate or weaken the filibuster.

WASHINGTON — Sen. Joe Manchin reiterated his opposition to eliminating the filibuster on Wednesday, dimming hopes for changing the contentious rule.

In an opinion piece published in Wednesday in The Washington Post, Manchin, D-W.V. cautioned against ousting the voting procedure to keep the majority party from bypassing minority opinion in enacting legislation.

"The filibuster is a critical tool to protecting that input and our democratic form of government. That is why I have said it before and will say it again to remove any shred of doubt: There is no circumstance in which I will vote to eliminate or weaken the filibuster," Manchin wrote."

Hopefully with Senate Parliamentarian rules will allow Democrats a long needed way to circumvent the seditious nature of repukes who use the filibuster weapon to obstruct progress in terms of passing bills that are critical at supporting the well being of society and Democracy as a whole. Manchin as a fake democrat aka blue dog has been a seditious trouble making creature for a long time, and its high time Democrats get the power they need to offset the affects of this worthless creature and menace Manchin in particular.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ovs6nJiTJNUAkk

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Blue Dogs are seditionists eh? Ok, whatever, who else is? Give us the list. I'm willing to bet I can guess the only group of people you don't think are seditionists.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lightbringer For This Post:

Darth Omar (04-08-2021), dukkha (04-08-2021)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,027 Times in 12,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Revolution does not need to do this now that they have invented a parliamentary trick to get what they want with only 50% +1 votes......Manchin can be Big Man as much as his heart desires.....nobody cares.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    Blue Dogs are seditionists eh? Ok, whatever, who else is? Give us the list. I'm willing to bet I can guess the only group of people you don't think are seditionists.
    Blue dogs as in fake democrats are not only seditious and treasonous but basically being more un American swine and whores for Russians, in particular, at having no honorable relationship with the U.S. or anything else of a decent nature on Earth, and that goes for trolls like you.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gemini104104 View Post
    Blue dogs as in fake democrats are not only seditious and treasonous but basically being more un American swine and whores for Russians, in particular, at having no honorable relationship with the U.S. or anything else of a decent nature on Earth, and that goes for trolls like you.
    At least Guille once in awhile says something interesting.

Please Sit Down.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    At least Guille once in awhile says something interesting.

Please Sit Down.
    The only thing Guiliani can say is that he pleads guilty in a federal court when it comes to conspiring with tRump to wage war on Democracy at inciting insurrection against the U.S. Capitol among the feeble minded populous and to accept, I hope, a punishment guideline of no less than 20 years in prison without any parole or less than hard time.

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The only thing Guiliani can say is that he pleads guilty in a federal court when it comes to conspiring with tRump to wage war on Democracy at inciting insurrection against the U.S. Capitol among the feeble minded populous and to accept, I hope, a punishment guideline of no less than 20 years in prison without any parole or less than hard time.
    Dont bother kissing up now.

Try tomorrow if you like.

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Couldn't help but notice you didn't answer the question, fuckwit.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Couldn't help but notice you didn't answer the question, fuckwit.
    Hey Fucknuts, try not asking dumb questions.
    Lock Him Up

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,402 Times in 9,439 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Manchin will say this until he doesn't. When West Virginia makes it impossible for his supporters to vote, he'll change his tune. It's coming. If not now, Democrats can wait until 2022 when they will hold a larger majority in the Senate and won't need Manchin, but I doubt that'll be necessary. Fortunately, Democrats can pass infrastructure without Republicans now, and Biden will have two cracks next year at spending bills. But the Voting Rights Act will pass at some point, and it will pass because the filibuster has been either eliminated or returned to a talking filibuster.

12. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Thats me. I stayed Dem as long as I could -but the Progs rather purge us out, C'ya

13. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

see what I mean?? Progs are insane