Thread: America is losing its religion — and the effects will be long-lasting

1. #361 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    You're the one defending it here.

You're the one who said it was "Southern Heritage".

When asked what "Southern Heritage" you mean, you draw a blank.

You could have just not responded.
    Wouldn't say defending it, you asked if he was a Patriot! Said I didn't know him and that was the flag of the South according to you so!

2. #362 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    Wouldn't say defending it, you asked if he was a Patriot!
    And we both agree he's no patriot because he was waving a treason flag in the Capitol.

Said I didn't know him and that was the flag of the South according to you so!
    It's not the flag of the South, it's the flag of the Confederacy....a separate country...one my country went to war with.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

3. #363 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

I am not a religious man, I am a Christian! I swear no oaths! Trumpers? see you can't go one post without insult!
    I thought the Trumpers were a legal fascist party. Is it insulting to mention ex-President Trump? Odd.

4. #364 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,976 Times in 32,291 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Falsely accusing someone of lying is comical coming from you.
    lol....except that what you said is there for everyone to see......why pretend it isn't.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

5. #365 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,711 Times in 27,343 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    lol....except that what you said is there for everyone to see......why pretend it isn't.....
    I stand by everything I wrote in this thread, and I never intentionally lie

Meanwhile, speaking of blatant lying, you purposely edited out this part of my post and failed to address it >

"PMP, you are the dude who made a bet pledging to permanently leave this forum if Trump were impeached, and then you willfully and blatantly welched on your bet.

That ranks as the mother of all lies by message board standards"

6. #366 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Iolo/Penderyn View Post
    I thought the Trumpers were a legal fascist party. Is it insulting to mention ex-President Trump? Odd.
    Stop thinking I guess!

7. #367 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And we both agree he's no patriot because he was waving a treason flag in the Capitol.

It's not the flag of the South, it's the flag of the Confederacy....a separate country...one my country went to war with.
    If you claim to be an American citizen, you would be warring against the Evil of both parties who engage us in quarreling, and steal us blind. Please do not pretend that either party has the interest of everyday citizens in mind!

8. #368 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I stand by everything I wrote in this thread, and I never intentionally lie

Meanwhile, speaking of blatant lying, you purposely edited out this part of my post and failed to address it >
    Sorry, I do not buy that you never intentionally lie! I believe you just did intentionally lie!

9. #369 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

If you claim to be an American citizen, you would be warring against the Evil of both parties who engage us in quarreling, and steal us blind. Please do not pretend that either party has the interest of everyday citizens in mind!
    Stop.

This isn't BoThSiDeS.

This is YOUR SIDE unwilling to accept democracy or democratic principles because you're a bunch of underachieving sore losers who amounted to nothing, so you had to live vicariously through people like Trump.

Go fuck yourself.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

10. #370 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Sorry, I do not buy that you never intentionally lie
    ! I believe you just did intentionally lie!
    false accusation is not very Christian.

I do not lie (present tense). I did not imply I have never lied (past tense) - as a kid, teenager, young man I definitely told some lies.

You seemingly confess that you sin, and willfully continue to sin uncontrollably, because God is just going to forgive you if you ask for absolution.

I choose a different path - a project of moral improvement, which includes the self discipline to reject lying.

The fact that eschewing intentional lying is unfathomable to you highlights that you are a phony Christian poseur.

Why do you not explain to me what possible reason or benefit there is in lying to anonymous message board posters I do not know and will never meet?
    Last edited by Cypress; 04-14-2021 at 09:52 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Doc Dutch (04-14-2021)

12. #371 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,478 Times in 52,483 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

false accusation is not very Christian.

I said I do not lie (present tense). I did not say I never lied (past tense) - as a kid, teenager, young man I definitely told some lies.

You seemingly confess that you sin, and willfully continue to sin uncontrollably, because God is just going to forgive you if you ask for absolution.

I choose a different path - a project of moral improvement, which includes the self discipline to reject lying.

The fact that eschewing intentional lying is unfathomable to you highlights that you are a phony Christian poseur.

Why do you not explain to me what possible reason or benefit there is in lying to anonymous message board posters I do not know and will never meet?
    Worse, a false accusation is breaking a Commandment: Thou shalt not bear false witness. How can a person consider themselves a Christian if they intentionally and repeatedly break both the Ten Commandments and all of Christ's teachings?

IMO, they can't be Christians except in name only due to their repeated deliberate and intentional actions which, they know, are contrary to all Christian teachings.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Cypress (04-14-2021)

14. #372 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Worse, a false accusation is breaking a Commandment: Thou shalt not bear false witness. How can a person consider themselves a Christian if they intentionally and repeatedly break both the Ten Commandments and all of Christ's teachings?

IMO, they can't be Christians except in name only due to their repeated deliberate and intentional actions which, they know, are contrary to all Christian teachings.
    There are a lot of fake Christians out there!

To be fair, I am withdrawing the claim the he falsely accused me. My original post could have been interpreted in more than one way, and I took the opportunity to expand on what I meant.

I have never been a fan of the claim that as long as you accept Jesus in your heart, all moral failings are excusable.

Even Luther did not think faith in Jesus gave one an excuse to be a jackass. Luther thought "good works" was a cop out in terms of salvation, because the reasons one would be doing good works would be based on self-interest and self-preservation...to avoid damnation. Luther thought self interest was the wrong reason for doing good works. While he thought good deeds and works did not play a role in salvation, he still thought the faithful, devout Christian would naturally gravitate to living an authentic Christian life based on good deeds, words, and actions.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Doc Dutch (04-14-2021)

16. #373 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,478 Times in 52,483 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

There are a lot of fake Christians out there!

To be fair, I am withdrawing the claim the he falsely accused me. My original post could have been interpreted in more than one way, and I took the opportunity to expand on what I meant.

I have never been a fan of the claim that as long as you accept Jesus in your heart, all moral failings are excusable.

Even Luther did not think faith in Jesus gave one an excuse to be a jackass. Luther thought "good works" was a cop out in terms of salvation, because the reasons one would be doing good works would be based on self-interest and self-preservation...to avoid damnation. Luther thought self interest was the wrong reason for doing good works. While he thought good deeds and works did not play a role in salvation, he still thought the faithful, devout Christian would naturally gravitate to living an authentic Christian life based on good deeds, words, and actions.
    Thanks for your honesty. That aside, Matt/Wolverine would need to do a lot of retractions to make up for his deliberate sins.

As for Luther and "good works", that gets into areas of religious dogma vs. following Christ's message(s).
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Cypress (04-14-2021)

18. #374 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Stop.

This isn't BoThSiDeS.

This is YOUR SIDE unwilling to accept democracy or democratic principles because you're a bunch of underachieving sore losers who amounted to nothing, so you had to live vicariously through people like Trump.

Go fuck yourself.
    To immature to see the truth, that's on you! I refuse to engage in any of the go f yourself nonsense anymore!

19. #375 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You misrepresented what I said I do not sin that grace may abound! I am human and therefore a sinner, I try no to sin daily but will not lie and say I do not! I work daily to be a better Christ like person!

Moral improvement? so you are anti abortion now, be a good place to start! Anti coveting another good place!
    You are trying to prop yourself up among people you do not know, so maybe you should ask yourself the question of why!

John 8:44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolverine For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (04-14-2021)