Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ruined Generation

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Default The Ruined Generation

The Internet was supposed to bring with it a renaissance, a new enlightenment and a brighter future.

It was to be a time when people became smarter, having access to the collective knowledge of humanity at their fingertips, and with the invention of the smart phone, in their pocket, always. What could go wrong? A lot, it turns out. Actually, just about everything.

The promise was not kept. All we ended up with was a bunch of narcissists desperate to share pictures of the food they're eating and demanding validation for their existence from everyone else.

Scroll through social media and you’ll be inundated with selfies and pictures of food. Did something really happen, did you really eat a meal if you didn’t tell the world about? It’s not that these people think you need to know where and what they’re eating, they need you to know. They want the likes and comments, they crave those more than the nutrition in the food. Hell, they probably choose where to eat based on how the food looks more than the taste or cost.

There is an entire segment of our population who now lives for the validation they receive from others. They need it. It’s not just because they like it, it’s because they have no self-worth without it.

It used to be that if you didn’t like someone, or they didn’t like you, you’d simply avoid them and the problem wasn’t only solved, it disappeared. Now people you’ve never met, will likely never meet, and probably would dislike if you did, demand you not only acknowledge their existence, but you celebrate it as well.

If your beliefs, deeply held religious or simply a matter of taste, hinder the approval they desire you are labeled an “ist” or a “phobe” of some sort, then God protect you.

A recent column in the failing New York Times exemplifies this mentality perfectly, not because of its content as much as its existence. Entitled, “How Do I Define My Gender If No One Is Watching Me?” the sub-headline of, “Without the public eye, who are we?” completes the giveaway.

It’s a column full of progressive buzzwords and feelings about things most people couldn’t care less about.

https://townhall.com//columnists/derekhunter/2021/04/06/the-ruined-generation-n2587409?utm_source=thdailypmvip&utm_medium=email& utm_campaign=nl&newsletterad=04/07/2021&bcid=1a0ca745dc180a237590714eb037b2f1&recip=2 8779712

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

yet ... you are promoting it.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

The main problem with the internet is that sifting it requires getting an education first, but sadly so many of the young say "Fuck it, I dont need to go to all that pain and work to get educated, if I want to know something I will ask Google".

And also, the internet is being strangled by the Elites, because we are going the way of the Chinese, power decides that the little people are allowed to see, and what we are allowed to think.

So many people are so outrageously ignorant and they dont even know it, they are so stupid that they dont even know that.

We are so very fucked.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Here’s a little fact some people don't understand: no one cares how you want to live your life, or who or what you think you are.

Most people simply want to be left alone. As long as whatever you do is done with willing adults, and is legal, who gives a damn?

That’s not good enough anymore, you have to give as many damns that are requested of you, lest the mob be sent after your life.

The author of that Times piece wrote, “I was surprised by how much my gender instead seemed to almost evaporate. No longer on the alert for how to signal a restaurant’s waitstaff that neither 'he' nor 'she' applied to me, or for whether colleagues and neighbors would use the right language — devoid of anyone to signal my gender to — I felt, suddenly, amorphous and undefined.”

This is the mentality – "validate me".

But that quest for validation does not lie in accomplishment, it does not lie within each person to the left, it lies in the attention of others; in getting others to validate them.

Friends, family, and strangers alike must constantly validate them.

Using the “wrong pronoun” or refusing to use a made up one is not a mistake that doesn’t matter, it is an affront that matters more than anything else.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Here’s a little fact some people don't understand: no one cares how you want to live your life, or who or what you think you are.

Most people simply want to be left alone. As long as whatever you do is done with willing adults, and is legal, who gives a damn?

That’s not good enough anymore, you have to give as many damns that are requested of you, lest the mob be sent after your life.

The author of that Times piece wrote, “I was surprised by how much my gender instead seemed to almost evaporate. No longer on the alert for how to signal a restaurant’s waitstaff that neither 'he' nor 'she' applied to me, or for whether colleagues and neighbors would use the right language — devoid of anyone to signal my gender to — I felt, suddenly, amorphous and undefined.”

This is the mentality – "validate me".

But that quest for validation does not lie in accomplishment, it does not lie within each person to the left, it lies in the attention of others; in getting others to validate them.

Friends, family, and strangers alike must constantly validate them.

Using the “wrong pronoun” or refusing to use a made up one is not a mistake that doesn’t matter, it is an affront that matters more than anything else.

Aren't YOU the guy with the 100,000 posts here. (?)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-07-2021)

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Legion ... still reeling from being hard fucked by Damo!

SWEET!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-07-2021)

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Legion ... still reeling from being hard fucked by Damo!

SWEET!
    That's the price you pay to not get a 12 B
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason Melchizedek For This Post:

Jack (04-08-2021)

13. #10 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,508 Times in 16,972 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mason? View Post
    That's the price you pay to not get a 12 B
    Jack gets off easy with his 12b violations...
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

14. The Following User Groans At RB 60 For This Awful Post:

Jack (04-08-2021)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

MAGA MAN (04-08-2021)

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Aren't YOU the guy with the 100,000 posts here. (?)
    He does have the rep system disabled though...
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Mason? View Post
    A few years ago ,I meet someone who introduced me to BDSM. My first encounter, I thought it would be about how much pain, one could stand. But I soon learned the secret to BDSM. It's not about pain! But that fine line between pain, and a type of ecstasy I had never experienced! Sure there was pain, humiliation, submission, all of which I gladly with stood. To reach that ecstasy! For a year, I couldn't wait to heal from when encounter, so I could have another. During the beating one side of your brain wanted the beating to stop. The other side wanted it never to stop! It also taught one to trust your dominate completely to give you pain, but not to hurt you.

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

This is just the latest example that caught my eye. It’s the same with every issue on the left.

People and corporations are now in a woke-off to “prove” how much they "support voting rights", even though Georgia’s new law actually makes it easier to vote.

It’s not enough that people live in fear of COVID-19, you have to triple-mask while lecturing anyone else who wants to see their family about how they’re worse than Hitler, even after being vaccinated.

Seeking validation for your existence outside of yourself means you’ll never find it, ever.

The Internet is the pathway through which people who otherwise would’ve found contentment have found misery.

A generation of Americans are seeing this pathway illuminated and praised in popular culture as though it’s something to aspire to, when it is the exact opposite; it is the road to misery and ruin.

How we get out of this death spiral remains unknown, but the first step is to stop elevating those who impose it on us.

The second is much easier, stop electing the DEMOCRATS who fostered and benefit from it.

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    The Internet was supposed to bring with it a renaissance, a new enlightenment and a brighter future.

It was to be a time when people became smarter, having access to the collective knowledge of humanity at their fingertips, and with the invention of the smart phone, in their pocket, always. What could go wrong? A lot, it turns out. Actually, just about everything.

The promise was not kept. All we ended up with was a bunch of narcissists desperate to share pictures of the food they're eating and demanding validation for their existence from everyone else.

Scroll through social media and you’ll be inundated with selfies and pictures of food. Did something really happen, did you really eat a meal if you didn’t tell the world about? It’s not that these people think you need to know where and what they’re eating, they need you to know. They want the likes and comments, they crave those more than the nutrition in the food. Hell, they probably choose where to eat based on how the food looks more than the taste or cost.

There is an entire segment of our population who now lives for the validation they receive from others. They need it. It’s not just because they like it, it’s because they have no self-worth without it.

It used to be that if you didn’t like someone, or they didn’t like you, you’d simply avoid them and the problem wasn’t only solved, it disappeared. Now people you’ve never met, will likely never meet, and probably would dislike if you did, demand you not only acknowledge their existence, but you celebrate it as well.

If your beliefs, deeply held religious or simply a matter of taste, hinder the approval they desire you are labeled an “ist” or a “phobe” of some sort, then God protect you.

A recent column in the failing New York Times exemplifies this mentality perfectly, not because of its content as much as its existence. Entitled, “How Do I Define My Gender If No One Is Watching Me?” the sub-headline of, “Without the public eye, who are we?” completes the giveaway.

It’s a column full of progressive buzzwords and feelings about things most people couldn’t care less about.

https://townhall.com//columnists/derekhunter/2021/04/06/the-ruined-generation-n2587409?utm_source=thdailypmvip&utm_medium=email& utm_campaign=nl&newsletterad=04/07/2021&bcid=1a0ca745dc180a237590714eb037b2f1&recip=2 8779712
    The internet is full of toxic people. I choose to ignore them, unless I find amusement in destroying them.