Members banned from this thread: Cypress, evince, Rune, Althea, moon, CASPER, CharacterAssassin, ThatOwlWoman, katzgar, guno, LV426, Charoite, Poor Richard Saunders, gemini104104, Trumpet, Dutch Uncle, Diesel, BidenPresident and Hoosier Daddy


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Can We Stop Pretending that George Floyd’s Death Had Anything to Do with Racism

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    95,696
    Thanks
    48,640
    Thanked 29,575 Times in 22,621 Posts
    Groans
    39,648
    Groaned 4,287 Times in 4,087 Posts
    Blog Entries
    53

    Default Can We Stop Pretending that George Floyd’s Death Had Anything to Do with Racism

    .

    I'll just leave this here!

    The lie that George Floyd was murdered by racist police officers in Minneapolis has made its way around the world several times over, leaving countless violent riots and more than $2 billion in property damages in its wake, but it seems that the truth is finally putting on its shoes.

    In June of 2020, 60 percent of surveyed adults deemed George Floyd’s death to be murder at the hands of police officer Derek Chauvin. As of last month, a little more than a third of Americans believe that.

    That’s a stunning near-reversal of public opinion. How did that happen?

    The answer to the practical question as to what role the accused Derek Chauvin had in Floyd’s death will ultimately be determined by the courts in his ongoing trial, as it should be. Unfortunately, that question is of far less societal importance than the larger question looming around George Floyd’s death. It is a question that is rarely ever asked, and for which there is no such codified structure for honest investigation and judgment outside of today’s kangaroo court of public opinion overseen by politicians, celebrities, and the media.

    That question is: What role, if any, did racism play in George Floyd’s death?

    It has been taken for granted since the first video of Floyd’s arrest emerged that George Floyd was a victim of racial injustice. It was, according to the president of Axios, Cliff Young, an “acute crisis” that brought “racial justice to the forefront.”

    The notion that Floyd’s death was a “racial reckoning” advanced, seemingly without opposition in the summer of 2020, with few stopping to ask what evidence exists to support the narrative. Rather than asking that question, millions mindlessly submitted to the explanation of systemic racism that was offered by Black Lives Matter, a well-funded organization that openly employs racial grievance as a substitute for Marxist class warfare, and which was supported by radical leftist politicians, celebrities, media outlets, and American corporate giants, all of whom later became apologists for, and, in some cases, accomplices to, the legions of arsonists, thieves, and violent criminals taking part in last year’s unprecedentedly destructive riots.

    It was easy for the aforementioned parties to stimulate Americans’ imaginations toward understanding Floyd’s death as a result of racism. The initial videos taken by onlookers captured only the final moments of the confrontation between Floyd and the arresting officers, but given that little was known about the events leading up to those moments and that myriad relevant facts hadn’t yet been reported, the public accepted the story that white racist cops had racially profiled George Floyd, and, without sufficient provocation, used an unconventional restraining tactic that strangled the life out of him as he begged for an opportunity to breathe.

    That narrative is, and always has been, pure nonsense.

    The four officers involved, not all of whom were white, only engaged Floyd in response to a reported crime, and not while proactively patrolling the community. Racial profiling had nothing at all to do with this encounter.

    The neck restraint used to immobilize George Floyd was not, in fact, a peculiar means of torture devised by Derek Chauvin to choke the life out of a minority, but a legal method of restraining suspects which was sanctioned by the Minneapolis Police Department, and which was only made obsolete after Floyd’s death.

    And, despite the media’s curious lack of focus on this important fact, we also discovered very early on that George Floyd had a “fatal level of fentanyl” in his blood at the time of his death. “If Mr. Floyd had been found dead in his home with no other contributing factors,” chief medical examiner Dr. Andrew Baker said last June, he would “conclude that it was an overdose death.”

    But perhaps more than anything else, the body cam footage released last summer should have disabused any reasonable person of the notion that racism had anything to do with this incident. In a concise and apt appraisal of the revelations to be seen in the released body cam footage, former ESPN sports writer Jason Whitlock wrote:

    Here are the key takeaways from the footage:

    • Floyd’s behavior escalated a routine arrest into a possible abuse of force.
    • The George Floyd case is not a race crime. No rational person can watch that footage and conclude the police were motivated by Floyd’s black race.
    • It’s going to be virtually impossible to convict former officers Thomas Lane, J. Alexander Kueng, and Tou Thao of any crime.
    • It will be equally difficult to convict Chauvin of murder. [emphasis added]

    To be perfectly clear, there has never been even a single shred of evidence that the officers involved in George Floyd’s arrest were motivated by Floyd’s race. The released body cam footage simply made the absence of such evidence clearer. But nothing, it appears, could have stopped this carefully crafted and ambitious falsehood that both spawned and justified the blind fury that became manifest in the Black Lives Matter riots of 2020.

    Today, large swathes of the American public have come to understand the aforementioned facts, despite the best efforts of the media to hide them. Hence, far fewer Americans believe that George Floyd was the victim of murder today than last summer, while more believe that Chauvin may have been guilty of negligent behavior in exercising his duties, and more still now claim to not know what happened at all.

    In our judicial system, and as it should be, the moral space between the crimes of murder and negligence is a vast chasm. But the sad truth is that lawful adjudication for Derek Chauvin in court, where facts and evidence matter in shaping conclusions, will not matter to the millions of woke fanatics that have already concluded, without any consideration to facts or evidence, that George Floyd was murdered by racist cops. If Derek Chauvin isn’t convicted of murder, and the woke mobs don’t get their desired vengeance through the justice system for the race crime they imagine to have happened, we all know that we can expect more arson, thievery, and violence against innocent people and their property in countless American cities.


    And perhaps saddest of all, we can expect that radical leftist politicians, celebrities, the media, and woke corporations will continue to be complicit in the promotion of that deadly and destructive lie, and will continue to placate the rioters committing these horrible atrocities by defending their actions as justifiable outrage.

    Powerful forces are allied against the truth, and are actively seeking to silence anyone espousing it. But the truth remains, and while it may sometimes be slow to take hold amidst a moral panic like this one, it is relentless. The truth matters, and the truth is that George Floyd’s death, while unfortunate, has precisely nothing to do with racism in America. And anytime we hear others suggest that it does, we have a responsibility, however uncomfortable or impolite it may seem for us, to demand that they defend their wholly unsubstantiated belief with facts rather than emotional hearsay, however futile that may be for them.
    https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...th_racism.html
    Last edited by Primavera; 04-06-2021 at 08:57 PM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Primavera For This Post:

    Bigdog (04-07-2021)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    95,696
    Thanks
    48,640
    Thanked 29,575 Times in 22,621 Posts
    Groans
    39,648
    Groaned 4,287 Times in 4,087 Posts
    Blog Entries
    53

    Default

    .
    Where's Taichibullshitter?

  4. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    life
    Posts
    46,554
    Thanks
    11,917
    Thanked 19,486 Times in 13,668 Posts
    Groans
    241
    Groaned 1,834 Times in 1,747 Posts

    Default

    • The George Floyd case is not a race crime. No rational person can watch that footage and conclude the police were motivated by Floyd’s black race.
    the USA has surpassed rational thought and replaced it with woke reactionary knee jerking

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anatta For This Post:

    gfm7175 (04-07-2021), Primavera (04-06-2021)

  6. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    33,529
    Thanks
    203
    Thanked 14,414 Times in 10,047 Posts
    Groans
    4,079
    Groaned 3,291 Times in 3,057 Posts

    Default

    it was a clear act of brutality that ended up killing a black man. He was handcuffed and on his face. Floyd was not fighting back.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

    Guille (04-06-2021), Phantasmal (04-07-2021)

  8. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    21,131
    Thanks
    1,308
    Thanked 5,816 Times in 4,738 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 232 Times in 221 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    the USA has surpassed rational thought and replaced it with woke reactionary knee jerking
    "There is a war on competence".
    Jordan Peterson.
    BE BRAVE!

  9. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    18,369
    Thanks
    3,626
    Thanked 5,412 Times in 4,320 Posts
    Groans
    612
    Groaned 219 Times in 207 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    it was a clear act of brutality that ended up killing a black man. He was handcuffed and on his face. Floyd was not fighting back.
    I actually agree with Nordberg, Hell will field a hockey team soon.
    Why Trump? Because Fuck You that's why.

  10. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    104,067
    Thanks
    8,004
    Thanked 29,571 Times in 23,572 Posts
    Groans
    2,649
    Groaned 2,310 Times in 2,200 Posts

    Default

    I think we should concede that the blue city in a blue state hired a racist and put him in a position to act out his racism against black people.......after all, every single incident of claimed racism by police officers has occurred in blue cities....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

    Bigdog (04-07-2021)

  12. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    7,657
    Thanks
    697
    Thanked 3,001 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Groans
    17
    Groaned 446 Times in 423 Posts

    Default

    It could have been a gambling dispute over cricket matches in India.

    It could have been one of those Shiite - Sunni religious conflicts.

    I'm more likely to go with racism, however.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Person...woman...man...camera...television. Donald Trump, 2020

  13. The Following User Groans At NiftyNiblick For This Awful Post:

    Primavera (04-07-2021)

  14. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    5,678
    Thanks
    2,990
    Thanked 2,094 Times in 1,672 Posts
    Groans
    32
    Groaned 53 Times in 53 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    the USA has surpassed rational thought and replaced it with woke reactionary knee jerking
    Indeed... and personally, I do not refer to this country as the USA anymore, but rather as four separate factions. Three of the four factions are socialist oligarchies (DC, California, New York) and the final faction is the 48 remaining States of America, who still operate under constitutions (rule of law) and will need to decide whether or not to allow the SODC to rule over them.

  15. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    5,678
    Thanks
    2,990
    Thanked 2,094 Times in 1,672 Posts
    Groans
    32
    Groaned 53 Times in 53 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    It could have been a gambling dispute over cricket matches in India.

    It could have been one of those Shiite - Sunni religious conflicts.

    I'm more likely to go with racism, however.
    Stop being such a racist, racist.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to gfm7175 For This Post:

    Primavera (04-07-2021)

  17. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ventura CA
    Posts
    98,018
    Thanks
    110,832
    Thanked 22,149 Times in 18,519 Posts
    Groans
    3,768
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,687 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    I am watching the trial ever day. The reason is OBVIOUS, I didn't want the PHONY media to lie to me about what is happening. I am opening a Floyd trial thread and will summarize what is ACTUALLY happening during this trial.

    As to your comment; it is becoming VERY obvious that the lie filled narrative that Chauvin murdered Floyd is being exposed every day by the most hated man in America, or soon to be, Eric Nelson. The defense.
    Mayor de Blasio on March 5th:
    Coronavirus fears shouldn’t keep New Yorkers off subways


    Cuomo on March 18th:
    “That is not going to happen, shelter in place, for New York City. I wouldn’t approve shelter in place.”



  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

    Primavera (04-07-2021)

  19. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    95,696
    Thanks
    48,640
    Thanked 29,575 Times in 22,621 Posts
    Groans
    39,648
    Groaned 4,287 Times in 4,087 Posts
    Blog Entries
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    I actually agree with Nordberg, Hell will field a hockey team soon.
    That will come back to haunt you!

  20. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,084
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 2,292 Times in 1,479 Posts
    Groans
    8
    Groaned 101 Times in 94 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    "There is a war on competence".
    Jordan Peterson.
    Jordan Peterson is a fucking joke who never says what he's actually getting at.

  21. The Following User Groans At Mr.Badguy For This Awful Post:

    Primavera (04-07-2021)

  22. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    95,696
    Thanks
    48,640
    Thanked 29,575 Times in 22,621 Posts
    Groans
    39,648
    Groaned 4,287 Times in 4,087 Posts
    Blog Entries
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Badguy View Post
    Jordan Peterson is a fucking joke who never says what he's actually getting at.
    Jordan Peterson is a hero, you are not fit to lick his boots!

  23. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    21,131
    Thanks
    1,308
    Thanked 5,816 Times in 4,738 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 232 Times in 221 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Badguy View Post
    Jordan Peterson is a fucking joke who never says what he's actually getting at.
    I try not to assume but it is hard to fathom someone being as stupid as you claim to be....I am going with lying.
    BE BRAVE!

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

    Primavera (04-08-2021)

Similar Threads

  1. Moron Amy Barrett says she CRIED OVER DEATH OF GEORGE FLOYD
    By Text Drivers are Killers in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-14-2020, 07:58 PM
  2. It appears a cop will be FIRED for mocking the death of george floyd
    By Text Drivers are Killers in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 09-21-2020, 02:44 PM
  3. Boston Red Sox announce support for anti-white racism and criminal george floyd
    By Text Drivers are Killers in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-23-2020, 09:18 PM
  4. George Floyd Death Ruled Homicide
    By katzgar in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-19-2020, 04:32 AM
  5. George Floyd death: Liverpool footballers 'take a knee'
    By guno in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-01-2020, 10:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •