Default this machine kills fascism

The highest virtue is to act without a sense of self
    The highest kindness is to give without a condition
    The highest justice is to see without a preference
    When Tao is lost one must learn the rules of virtue
    When virtue is lost, the rules of kindness
    When kindness is lost, the rules of justice
    When justice is lost, the rules of conduct
    As we find our alignment with the Tao—with the rhythms of the elements within and outside of our bodies—our actions are quite naturally of the highest benefit to all who we contact. At this point, we have gone beyond the need for formal religious or secular moral precepts of any sort. We have become the embodiment of wu wei, the "Action of non-action"; as well as of wu nien, the "Thought of non-thought," and wu hsin, the "Mind of non-mind." We have realized our place within the web of inter-being, within the cosmos, and, knowing our connection to all-that-is, can offer only thoughts, words, and actions that do no harm and that are spontaneously virtuous.

https://www.learnreligions.com/wu-we...action-3183209

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

What is that?

This is my sons friend. He's not qualified. The guys a recovered user. He sleeps in the basement all day.
    I have to answer for him. He makes more money than me. I'm not here to supervise the supervisor.

NOW I'M F'N CRAZY!

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

But ... Trump is still alive. (?)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-06-2021), Trumpet (04-06-2021)

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,990 Times in 8,361 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    But ... Trump is still alive. (?)
    So are you but I'm sure it's not entirely your fault.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,784 Times in 17,103 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    The highest virtue is to act without a sense of self
    The highest kindness is to give without a condition
    The highest justice is to see without a preference
    When Tao is lost one must learn the rules of virtue
    When virtue is lost, the rules of kindness
    When kindness is lost, the rules of justice
    When justice is lost, the rules of conduct
    As we find our alignment with the Tao—with the rhythms of the elements within and outside of our bodies—our actions are quite naturally of the highest benefit to all who we contact. At this point, we have gone beyond the need for formal religious or secular moral precepts of any sort. We have become the embodiment of wu wei, the "Action of non-action"; as well as of wu nien, the "Thought of non-thought," and wu hsin, the "Mind of non-mind." We have realized our place within the web of inter-being, within the cosmos, and, knowing our connection to all-that-is, can offer only thoughts, words, and actions that do no harm and that are spontaneously virtuous.

https://www.learnreligions.com/wu-we...action-3183209
    Why are you telling us this? Go and tell the GOP that.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

evince (04-10-2021), no worries (04-09-2021)

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,310 Times in 8,474 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

this machine kills fascism
    It was first said by Woody Guthrie, or rather he said, "This machine kills Fascists." He put that on his guitar, and wrote about it in the Communist Party's Daily Worker.

I like Guthrie a lot, but I am saddened by his refusal to admit the extreme excesses of Stalin. Stalin committed brutal genocide, which people like Pete Seeger admitted.

I am not as upset about Guthrie's support of communism in the 1930's. It made sense to a lot of people at the time. He technically never was a communist, having been turned down by the Communist Party... Let that sink in for a minute, the guy who wrote "This Land is Your Land" applied to be a member of the Communist Party, and they said no to him.

Whatever his political views, Guthrie was a great musician, and really wanted what is best for humanity.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Blackwater Lunchbreak (04-09-2021), evince (04-10-2021), Geeko Sportivo (04-15-2021)

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    It was first said by Woody Guthrie, or rather he said, "This machine kills Fascists." He put that on his guitar, and wrote about it in the Communist Party's Daily Worker.

I like Guthrie a lot, but I am saddened by his refusal to admit the extreme excesses of Stalin. Stalin committed brutal genocide, which people like Pete Seeger admitted.

I am not as upset about Guthrie's support of communism in the 1930's. It made sense to a lot of people at the time. He technically never was a communist, having been turned down by the Communist Party... Let that sink in for a minute, the guy who wrote "This Land is Your Land" applied to be a member of the Communist Party, and they said no to him.

Whatever his political views, Guthrie was a great musician, and really wanted what is best for humanity.
    You could just get to the point. But no.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    You could just get to the point. But no.
    "This machine kills Fascists" is a communist slogan.

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"This machine kills Fascists" is a communist slogan.
    No kidding. There was more to it though. What was that shit about Guthrie?

Why do you fuckwits always try to make shit more complicated than it needs to be?

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What was that shit about Guthrie?
    Guthrie wrote the slogan.

Why do you fuckwits always try to make shit more complicated than it needs to be?
    You find a few sentences in a forum post complicated? Life only gets more complicated from there.

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Guthrie wrote the slogan.

You find a few sentences in a forum post complicated? Life only gets more complicated from there.
    No, I think you're an idiot.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightbringer For This Post:

Into the Night (04-09-2021)

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,317 Times in 9,825 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

I love the guy. a real hero.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I love the guy. a real hero.
    Guthrie came from a humble background, and created great poetry/music. He never forgot where he came from. He made mistakes with who he supported, but always did everything for the right reasons.

I agree, I love Woody Guthrie too.

"Old Man Trump" is a song with lyrics written by American folk singer-songwriter Woody Guthrie. The song describes the racist housing practices and discriminatory rental policies of his landlord, Fred Trump. The lyrics were written in 1954 but it was never recorded by Guthrie. In January 2016, Will Kaufman, a Guthrie scholar and professor of American literature and culture at the University of Central Lancashire, unearthed the handwritten lyrics while conducting research at the Woody Guthrie Archives in Tulsa, Oklahoma.[1]

In partnership with the Guthrie archives and the Guthrie family, Woody's words have been put to music by California rock band U.S. Elevator, fronted by Johnny Irion, who is married to Sarah Lee Guthrie, Woody's granddaughter.[2] "Old Man Trump" has also been recorded by riot folk singer Ryan Harvey with Ani DiFranco and guitarist Tom Morello, as well as by independent artist/musician Chip Godwin.[3]

Background
    In December 1950, Woody Guthrie signed a lease at the Beach Haven apartment complex owned and operated by Fred Trump in Gravesend, Brooklyn. There are several handwritten drafts of the lyrics with titles such as "Beach Haven Race Hate" and "Beach Haven Ain't My Home". In its lyrics, Guthrie expresses his dissatisfaction with Trump and the "color line" he had drawn in his Brooklyn neighborhood:[4][5]

I suppose
    Old Man Trump knows
    Just how much
    Racial Hate
    He stirred up
    In the bloodpot of human hearts
    When he drawed
    That color line
    Here at his Beach Haven family project[6]

The Federal Housing Administration, which fronted the bill for some of Trump's housing projects, had a set of guidelines for avoiding integration which Trump enthusiastically embraced.[7]

"He thought that Fred Trump was one who stirs up racial hate, and implicitly profits from it," the scholar, Will Kaufman, said. In Guthrie's notebooks he wrote about wanting to put an end to the segregation with "a face of every bright color laffing and joshing in these old darkly weeperish empty shadowed windows."[1]

I welcome you here to live. I welcome you and your man both here to Beach Haven to love in any ways you please and to have some kind of a decent place to get pregnant in and to have your kids raised up in. I'm yelling out my own welcome to you.[1]

An unreleased variant of Guthrie's "Ain't Got No Home" similarly protests Fred Trump's segregation at Beach Haven.[8]

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,317 Times in 9,825 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Guthrie came from a humble background, and created great poetry/music. He never forgot where he came from. He made mistakes with who he supported, but always did everything for the right reasons.

I agree, I love Woody Guthrie too.
    he probably wouldn't see an amazon sponsored populism as legitimate.

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

he probably wouldn't see an amazon sponsored populism as legitimate.
    Maybe I am just projecting, but it almost seems like Guthrie would have been a proponent of open source. Amazon is a sponsor of open source.

Guthrie's copyright statement in the 1930's almost sounds like a proto-open source statement, "This song is Copyrighted in U.S., under Seal of Copyright #154085, for a period of 28 years, and anybody caught singin' it without our permission, will be mighty good friends of ourn, cause we don't give a dern. Publish it. Write it. Sing it. Swing to it. Yodel it. We wrote it, that's all we wanted to do."