Thread: Combatting Hatred And Violence In America

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Combatting Hatred And Violence In America

The recent drastic and shameful rise in anti-Asian violence and hatred following Trump's nasty labeling of the coronavirus has been well documented.

Trump supporters may wish to blame China in order to give Trump a free pass, or let him off the hook, but that has a very tragic side effect.

Violence against Asians.

Hatred is learned. Nobody is born with hatred. It has to be taught to them. Young people are very impressionable. These days with social media and isolation have ramped up the spread of hatred.

It is extremely irresponsible to repeat the insensitive blaming for the source of the coronavirus crisis.

Everybody knows where it started. The blaming and labeling serve no good purpose, but it does get innocent people ruthlessly attacked and often seriously injured.

You are welcome to believe anything you like, but you should know that callously tossing hurtful terms around has consequences. Words matter. Such irresponsible hate speech is contributing to the violence. If you repeat the words, you are part of the problem. You are getting people attacked. Americans. You are getting fellow Americans brutally attacked by cowards who attack innocent old people without warning.

This labeling and blaming needs to stop.

If you have an ounce of compassion within you, and you have used these hurtful terms, please end it now.

Not only does it serve no good purpose, it has extremely bad effects which you should be terribly ashamed of.

Thank you for your compassionate consideration of this very troubling matter.

And thank you for doing the right thing from now on.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

The CCP Virus.

I hate communist bastards for murdering about 100 million people in the last 100 years.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Drummie123 (04-06-2021), Matt Dillon (04-07-2021), Wolverine (04-06-2021)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    The CCP Virus.

I hate communist bastards for murdering about 100 million people in the last 100 years.
    Any thoughts on the Spanish Inquisition?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Callinectes (04-06-2021)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Combatting Hatred And Violence In America
    so you say the demmycrats are all resigning from office?.......sweet.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Callinectes (04-06-2021), Sailor (04-06-2021)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,661 Times in 16,589 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    The recent drastic and shameful rise in anti-Asian violence and hatred following Trump's nasty labeling of the coronavirus has been well documented.

Trump supporters may wish to blame China in order to give Trump a free pass, or let him off the hook, but that has a very tragic side effect.

Violence against Asians.

Hatred is learned. Nobody is born with hatred. It has to be taught to them. Young people are very impressionable. These days with social media and isolation have ramped up the spread of hatred.

It is extremely irresponsible to repeat the insensitive blaming for the source of the coronavirus crisis.

Everybody knows where it started. The blaming and labeling serve no good purpose, but it does get innocent people ruthlessly attacked and often seriously injured.

You are welcome to believe anything you like, but you should know that callously tossing hurtful terms around has consequences. Words matter. Such irresponsible hate speech is contributing to the violence. If you repeat the words, you are part of the problem. You are getting people attacked. Americans. You are getting fellow Americans brutally attacked by cowards who attack innocent old people without warning.

This labeling and blaming needs to stop.

If you have an ounce of compassion within you, and you have used these hurtful terms, please end it now.

Not only does it serve no good purpose, it has extremely bad effects which you should be terribly ashamed of.

Thank you for your compassionate consideration of this very troubling matter.

And thank you for doing the right thing from now on.
    We certainly do have a people problem here....

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

by the way, have you heard that the lib'ruls are calling the new virus strains the UK virus, the Brazilian virus and the South African virus?.......apparently because they want to increase racial violence against people from those countries......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Callinectes (04-06-2021)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

The CCP Virus.

Using any kind of term like that, or repeating it, is getting more people killed.

I oppose communism as well. And we all know where the virus originated. But there is no point in doing things that causes more violence.

Do you have any compassion for Chinese Americans?

Do you realize what they've been through?

These are people who broke away from China and sought to become Americans.

They have done so, several generations ago in many cases, and should be afforded the same respect as any other American.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If it wasn't for Chinese immigrants we would not have been able to have a cross continental railway when we did.

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Any thoughts on the Spanish Inquisition?
    They sucked.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Callinectes (04-06-2021), Jack (04-05-2021), Matt Dillon (04-06-2021), Sailor (04-06-2021), Wolverine (04-06-2021)

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 7,323 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 785 Times in 732 Posts
    Blog Entries

Daily reminder that general Douglas MacArthur was right and we should have nuked Beijing in the 1950s.
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.
    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to /MSG/ For This Post:

Callinectes (04-06-2021), Matt Dillon (04-06-2021), Sailor (04-06-2021), Wolverine (04-06-2021)

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth,

Using any kind of term like that, or repeating it, is getting more people killed.

I oppose communism as well. And we all know where the virus originated. But there is no point in doing things that causes more violence.

Do you have any compassion for Chinese Americans?

Do you realize what they've been through?

These are people who broke away from China and sought to become Americans.

They have done so, several generations ago in many cases, and should be afforded the same respect as any other American.
    The CCP is probably 0.004% of Chinese nationals. I’ll wager Chinese immigrants hate them worse than I do—and why shouldn’t they?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Wolverine (04-06-2021)

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,072 Times in 7,504 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,103 Times in 1,048 Posts

One thing that we've learned from this forum is that PoliTalker is a synonym for Pollyanna.
    "Combatting Hatred and Violence in America" is nothing less than combatting America.
    Hatred and Violence are what we do, what we've always done, and what we'll always do.

Unless we partition.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,241 Times in 6,872 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

It's unfortunate that people continue to use rhetoric that is now proven to have caused a dramatic increase in discrimination.

It's COVID. Call it COVID.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-05-2021)

22. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

The CCP is probably 0.004% of Chinese nationals. I’ll wager Chinese immigrants hate them worse than I do—and why shouldn’t they?
    OK, hatred is wrong. It doesn't matter if you act on it or simply let it act on your mind. It poisons speech and causes others who have less restraint to act on it.

Nothing good comes from hatred.

There is no justification for hatred to be found in the Bible, a document which serves as the basis of morality for many.

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Observing what other people do is no justification for doing something which is wrong.

Just because somebody else does something wrong does not make it OK to do the same thing.