Thread: Moderate-left?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 102 Times in 89 Posts

Default Moderate-left?

Let me dispel the myth about the center:

Totalitarian government is one extreme. Anarchy is the other extreme. Limited government is the permanent center; it never moves.
    XXXXX

NOTE: To this day Bill Clinton is said to be brilliant because he moved to the center. That nonsense is another Clinton lie enforced by his surrogates. He not only governed from the Left from the day he was sworn in he created a center that was further Left than the one he inherited.

The fact is that every Democrat Administration redefines the center.

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...42#post3030942

The phrase ‘Center-left’ has been retired. Nowadays media mouths call their center “moderate-left.”

Joe Biden was elected as a moderate-left Democrat

Biden's Bait-and-Switch Presidency
    By Charles Lipson
    April 01, 2021

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...cy_145512.html

Changing the words is how Democrats and their mouthpieces play bait-and-switch. I usually called it:

newspeak (noun)

Deliberately ambiguous and contradictory language used to mislead and manipulate the public.

And/or:

doublespeak (noun)

1. Language that can be understood in more than one way and that is used to trick or deceive people.

2. Language used to deceive usually through concealment or misrepresentation of truth.

Finally, China Joe Biden’s Parasite Class is moving Left at the speed of light. They have already moved the country further Left in 51 days than Clinton/Obama Communists did in 16 years.
    The basic test of freedom is perhaps less in what we are free to do than in what we are free not to do. It is the freedom to refrain, withdraw and abstain which makes a totalitarian regime impossible. Eric Hoffer

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Flanders For This Post:

Hermes Thoth (04-06-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

Words words words, so little content, so little sense. Read my friend and someday you may wake.

'I Know Why Poor Whites Chant Trump, Trump, Trump'

http://www.stirjournal.com/2016/04/0...p-trump-trump/

And read this history: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiding...Kendzior_book)

"The president [Trump] is a nationalist, which is not at all the same thing as a patriot. A nationalist encourages us to be our worst, and then tells us that we are the best. A nationalist, 'although endlessly brooding on power, victory, defeat, revenge,' wrote Orwell, tends to be 'uninterested in what happens in the real world.' Nationalism is relativist, since the only truth is the resentment we feel when we contemplate others. As the novelist Danilo Kiš put it, nationalism 'has no universal values, aesthetic or ethical.' A patriot, by contrast, wants the nation to live up to its ideals, which means asking us to be our best selves. A patriot must be concerned with the real world, which is the only place where his country can be loved and sustained. A patriot has universal values, standards by which he judges his nation, always wishing it well—and wishing that it would do better." Timothy Snyder 'On Tyranny' Read it.

*'Injustices: The Supreme Court's History of Comforting the Comfortable and Afflicting the Afflicted'

"We psychologists have been examining the origins of ideology ever since Hitler sent us Germany's best psychologists, and we long ago reported that strict parenting and a variety of personal insecurities work together to turn people against liberalism, diversity, and progress. But now that we can map the brains, genes, and unconscious attitudes of conservatives, we have refined our diagnosis: conservatism is a partially heritable personality trait that predisposes some people to be cognitively inflexible, fond of hierarchy, and inordinately afraid of uncertainty, change, and death. People vote Republican because Republicans offer "moral clarity" — a simple vision of good and evil that activates deep seated fears in much of the electorate. Democrats, in contrast, appeal to reason with their long-winded explorations of policy options for a complex world." Jonathan Haidt

https://www.edge.org/conversation/jo...ote-republican

'Uses of Power' "The average voter is invited to choose national leaders capable of dealing with problems that are intrinsically too various and complicated for that average voter to understand. There is no robust way of squareing this circle. But maintaining transparency and accountability in government can help voters to make better choices in the future"
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,770 Times in 7,271 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Moderation in today's world is anything but a virtue.

We have radical problems.
    There are no moderate solutions to radical problems, hence the words "moderate" and "radical."
    The very proposal of moderate solutions is an impediment to progress.

I'm admittedly hard left.
    A so-called "moderate left" is of no use to me or anybody else.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Default 7 D's check cleared

It's hear say. I never seen him do it. Get this guy out of here. Look who he brings to my yacht club.

Faced with two equally dangerous or difficult choices or circumstances:
    “Trying to please two supervisors is like being between a rock and a hard place.
    This phrase dates from the early twentieth century.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,131 Times in 9,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flanders View Post
    Let me dispel the myth about the center:

Totalitarian government is one extreme. Anarchy is the other extreme. Limited government is the permanent center; it never moves.
    XXXXX

NOTE: To this day Bill Clinton is said to be brilliant because he moved to the center. That nonsense is another Clinton lie enforced by his surrogates. He not only governed from the Left from the day he was sworn in he created a center that was further Left than the one he inherited.

The fact is that every Democrat Administration redefines the center.

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...42#post3030942

The phrase ‘Center-left’ has been retired. Nowadays media mouths call their center “moderate-left.”

Joe Biden was elected as a moderate-left Democrat

Biden's Bait-and-Switch Presidency
    By Charles Lipson
    April 01, 2021

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...cy_145512.html

Changing the words is how Democrats and their mouthpieces play bait-and-switch. I usually called it:

newspeak (noun)

Deliberately ambiguous and contradictory language used to mislead and manipulate the public.

And/or:

doublespeak (noun)

1. Language that can be understood in more than one way and that is used to trick or deceive people.

2. Language used to deceive usually through concealment or misrepresentation of truth.

Finally, China Joe Biden’s Parasite Class is moving Left at the speed of light. They have already moved the country further Left in 51 days than Clinton/Obama Communists did in 16 years.
    yes. switching definitions around as it suits them.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Default There's a big sign up. No lifeguards on duty.

Unknown.jpeg

A private high school, a good college. He understands everything.
    My exact words. You're not allowed in the water. There no lifeguards
    here. The coast guard watches and they'll call the parks police. We
    can get thrown out. This place is only for surfers and fisherman.
    The second we get there he runs in the water. It's mother, get out
    from there. He replies I don't like fishing. We're not asking you if
    you like fishing. We're telling you that you're not allowed in the water.
    It's a padlock. That's the refrigerator. Leave the door open he'll be
    visiting a friend and might want to stop in. Do you know why he's
    like this? He might have a Italian and Irish friend that I don't know about.

l.jpg