Thread: Democracy Decks Oscar

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 102 Times in 89 Posts

Default Democracy Decks Oscar

Political strategists in Moscow and Peking are the Academy’s most loyal audience. They not only watch —— they record and analyze the show looking for pointers. The way the show is reported is as important as the show itself. Every foreign enemy know that Hollywood movies did more harm to this country than their armies could ever do.

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...Who-Will-Watch

I do not know if Moscow is on the same page as Peking, but I called it the fight of the century after the Academy Awards went down for the count:

The decision comes after Bloomberg News reported earlier this month that China’s Communist Party propaganda department has ordered its state-controlled media to play down the awards and not show the ceremony live.

The cause is believed to be the nomination of “Do Not Split”, a short documentary on Hong Kong’s pro-democracy protests, as well as the four nods for Chinese-born US director Chloe Zhao for “Nomadland”.

Chinese Takeover: Oscars Won’t Broadcast in Hong Kong for First Time Since 1969
    by Breitbart News
    29 Mar 2021

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...me-since-1969/

Hollywood parasites who feed at both troughs claim the fight was rigged. They are calling for a rematch on their turf.
    The basic test of freedom is perhaps less in what we are free to do than in what we are free not to do. It is the freedom to refrain, withdraw and abstain which makes a totalitarian regime impossible. Eric Hoffer

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 8,420 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flanders View Post
    Political strategists in Moscow and Peking are the Academy’s most loyal audience. They not only watch —— they record and analyze the show looking for pointers. The way the show is reported is as important as the show itself. Every foreign enemy know that Hollywood movies did more harm to this country than their armies could ever do.

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...Who-Will-Watch

I do not know if Moscow is on the same page as Peking, but I called it the fight of the century after the Academy Awards went down for the count:

The decision comes after Bloomberg News reported earlier this month that China’s Communist Party propaganda department has ordered its state-controlled media to play down the awards and not show the ceremony live.

The cause is believed to be the nomination of “Do Not Split”, a short documentary on Hong Kong’s pro-democracy protests, as well as the four nods for Chinese-born US director Chloe Zhao for “Nomadland”.

Chinese Takeover: Oscars Won’t Broadcast in Hong Kong for First Time Since 1969
    by Breitbart News
    29 Mar 2021

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...me-since-1969/

Hollywood parasites who feed at both troughs claim the fight was rigged. They are calling for a rematch on their turf.
    Hollyweird is a sewer

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Yakuda For This Post:

Flanders (03-30-2021)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,273 Times in 13,987 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

So, what's your point?