Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Nasty Nancy claims it's right to refuse to seat legally-elected members of Congress

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,657 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Most of the members who have been removed from Congress occurred during the Civil War for those who kept their federal office while also holding positions in the Confederacy. But those members were removed by a 2/3 vote of the House or Senate, not by the Speaker.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,736 Times in 14,331 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    The Constitution says differently, "Each House shall be the Judge of the Elections, Returns and Qualifications of its own Members." In other words, the House can judge its own election. Pelosi has been willing to provisionally seat Miller-Meeks, which is very gracious of her. Now the House will judge the election.

In general, Congress does not like overturning the election decisions of the states, so Hart has an uphill battle. That being said, she has every right to make that uphill battle.
    Having lost by 1/2 dozen votes, she's demanding that 22 votes that were previously discounted be verified.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    if she tried to act upon her stupid opinion......
    Does anyone doubt that she will?

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,594 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 151 Times in 148 Posts
    Blog Entries

don't be silly.....
    I was wrong on that. But she can remove her through her office as speaker and control of her Party, she only needs justification which will not be long in coming. Thought I needed to clear that up before going Silent here.

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by GASPER View Post
    She can remove her through her office as speaker and control of her Party, she only needs justification which will not be long in coming.
    The U.S. Supreme Court, in Powell v. McCormack (1969), limited the powers of the Congress to refuse to seat an elected member to when the individual does not meet the specific constitutional requirements of age, citizenship or residency.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unseated_members_of_the_United_States_Congress

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER View Post
    I was wrong on that. But she can remove her through her office as speaker and control of her Party, she only needs justification which will not be long in coming. Thought I needed to clear that up before going Silent here.
    what do you think the states reaction is going to be if she does that?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

7. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER View Post
    and you are wrong again........the House could, Nancy can't.........if she tries to remove her simply because she's a Republican it will just be another NancyDance like we saw against Trump.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

8. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

and you are wrong again........the House could, Nancy can't.........if she tries to remove her simply because she's a Republican it will just be another NancyDance like we saw against Trump.....
    Powell v. McCormack (1969)

9. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,022 Times in 8,279 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    would that include calling someone an insurrectionist who has had no trial or conviction?
    Calling an insurrectionist what he is would be protected under the First Amendment. If we cannot call criminals what they are, without a trial and conviction, then we can never have a trial to begin with. Under English Common Law, which the Constitution says we adopted, we have a right to make allegations, before conviction. It is how the system works.

10. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,022 Times in 8,279 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

silly demmycunt.....the constitution doesn't give her the power to lie about the elections......
    There is a question about how much right the Constitution gives to lie, with Republicans arguing a lot of right to lie, and Democrats arguing that it is more limited. I would personally worry about too much restriction on lying, because who is the government to say what is a lie.

Anyway, Hart has not lied. She is not going around making bizarre claims that she cannot repeat in court. There is a real question about 22 lawful ballots that were not counted in a race that she lost by 6 votes. She has every right to legally contest that. It is not like she is having her supporters storm the Capitol Building.

Pelsoi realizes that Hart's challenge is an uphill battle, so to be fair allowed Miller-Meeks to be provisionally seated. Pelosi's fairness to a Republican was, as always, slapped back in her face.

11. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

The "tweet source" I rely on is the US Constitution. You should look at it some time.

The Supreme Court did not decide the Constitution no longer applied. The House still has the right to judge their own elections, returns, and qualifications.
    Every time you post you just cement the fact that you know jack shit about anything. I am talking full fucking retard here.

12. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Every time you post you just cement the fact that you know jack shit about anything. I am talking full fucking retard here.

It's plain as day, Cap'n.

13. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

There is a question about how much right the Constitution gives to lie, with Republicans arguing a lot of right to lie, and Democrats arguing that it is more limited. I would personally worry about too much restriction on lying, because who is the government to say what is a lie.

Anyway, Hart has not lied. She is not going around making bizarre claims that she cannot repeat in court. There is a real question about 22 lawful ballots that were not counted in a race that she lost by 6 votes. She has every right to legally contest that. It is not like she is having her supporters storm the Capitol Building.

Pelsoi realizes that Hart's challenge is an uphill battle, so to be fair allowed Miller-Meeks to be provisionally seated. Pelosi's fairness to a Republican was, as always, slapped back in her face.
    Pelosi's name isn't Hart, dumbfuck......this thread is about Nancy's lies.....Hart has already lost in court......Nancy wants to ignore that and make her own rules.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Sailor (03-29-2021)

15. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Anonymous View Post
    Treason.

16. #75 | Top
    Thanks