Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello BartenderElite,

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    You have that reversed.

Warp Speed was easy - that took a couple of signatures. Trump dropped the ball before he made it to the finish line on distribution.

We were averaging 1 million vaccines a week when Trump left office. He made excuses & pointed fingers, and said that the rest should be up to the states. Biden came in and promised 100 vaccines in 100 days, and doubled it.

That's the heavy lifting. And that's what made the difference. At Trump's pace, we never would have hit herd immunity.
    And we are not there yet. White Republican men who touted the effectiveness of Warp Speed are now refusing to get the vaccine.

Oh, the irony.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #212 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Turgid Member,

That's a good observation. There is much speculation about linking data to Democratic or Republican handling of the pandemic, but it appears that is not the only factor. Certainly, another factor must be the public response to government guidelines. If there is a high response rate of compliance with government rules, and those rules are designed to create an effective coordinated human response to the spread of the disease, then the spread is reduced.

Logically, if the public does not comply with the government plan, then the effectiveness is reduced.

And it should also be recognized that government policy and public response are not the only factors in determining the spread of the disease.

Here is another possible factor:

If individuals travel from colder regions to a warmer region for a vacation, and unknowingly contract the disease, and become transmitters, and then they return to a region which otherwise has an effective plan for limiting transmission, then transmission can occur regardless of government policy.

If individuals have jobs or school which requires them to interface closely with others, especially in greater numbers and in closer indoor proximity without adequate ventilation over an extended duration, then the chances of transmission are increased.

I may have misunderstood you here, but I don't think Michigan's increase is due to people traveling to and from florida. The politics and the news is all about how bad florida is, one poster was telling me specically how bad fl was and how good michigan was. That poster didn't realize michigan has an observable up trend, FL does not, and MI has 9 million less poeple than FL, yet is very close in deaths and infections.

but spring break is sexy I guess.

3. #213 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

More dying. More death. More loss. More heartbreak.

More parents and grandparents lost.

More Americans with preexisting conditions being lost.

In case you have never checked it out, I have been keeping track of the Coronavirus Pandemic progress in the USA in a daily thread called

Corona Virus Peak Watch Thread

I had no idea when I began that thread almost a year ago how long it would take until we reached the peak.

I also had no idea that when we reached that peak, there might be more than one peak.

Well, we reached a peak at the end of January 2021.

Hooray!

But that wasn't the end of the virus.

It merely meant that we finally stopped adding more new cases than were resolved.

The number of Active Cases peaked and began to fall for the first time. And that felt good.

But our progress just halted.

Yesterday, for the first time since the end of January, we began to see the numbers start to rise again.

Yesterday showed more Active Cases than the previous day.

Gov DeSantis of Florida deserves much of the credit for killing our progress.

He foolishly dropped all restrictions in Florida.

And now Florida is recording more New Cases per day than California, even though California has nearly twice as many people.

Spring Break has not been just college kids. Many adults have gone there to get away from the stress of fighting the virus. That has created an epicenter.

Spring Break has become Florida Spring Super-Spreader.

We have not learned our lesson. More pain, more dying, more heartache, more loss are all on the way.

We have got to do better. We have got to be more responsible. We must stay the course until the job is done.
    Who cares, the vaccine is not a vaccine by even the cdc standards! tghis thing is here to stay and will be used as a political football!

4. #214 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    You say Warp was ‘easy’ even as Trump was being mocked for promising a vaccine by Christmas.

Biden lied when he said there was no program in place when he was installed. The fact is there was a program at the time, and it was up and running at the time. What’s easy, is taking an already existent vaccine distribution and tweaking it and/or getting the federal government out of the way so it can be refined over time.

I predicted this very thing: Biden would inherit Covid on the downswing; or if not, it would be reported it differently. Either way, ‘Biden would handle Covid better’. He couldn’t lose.
    Trump promises a lot of things, tries to cover all bases, so that when any of them come true he can claim credit.

Trump also promised a vaccine long before election day, but failed to achieve that.

Then, having failed at that, he moved the goalposts and claimed it would be in place by election day.

That didn't happen either, so the goalposts were moved once again to claim it would happen by Christmas.

If finally did, so then he jumped up and claimed credit.

That's what Trump does. He takes credit whenever and wherever he can, regardless of whether or not it is due.

But he never takes responsibility for anything negative.

He is fooling himself and anyone else he can drag into his fantasy.

I would logically advise anyone with a clairvoyant mind to avoid falling into Trump's dangerous web of lies and self-deceit.

Shallow thinkers should play right along. It is all they need for themselves and their own selfishness.

btw, COVID was still on the upswing when Biden was inaugurated.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #215 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Turgid Member,

Quote Originally Posted by Turgid Member View Post
    I may have misunderstood you here, but I don't think Michigan's increase is due to people traveling to and from florida. The politics and the news is all about how bad florida is, one poster was telling me specically how bad fl was and how good michigan was. That poster didn't realize michigan has an observable up trend, FL does not, and MI has 9 million less poeple than FL, yet is very close in deaths and infections.

but spring break is sexy I guess.
    I do not know the numbers of individuals who may have traveled from Michigan to Florida for a spring vacation, but it is most certainly a number above zero. Michigan has a problem in that they are one of the coldest places in the nation. This requires individuals to be mostly indoors where the greatest chances of transmission occur.

Michigan has 137K Active Cases, and Florida has 534K Active Cases.

Florida has approx double the population of Michigan.

6. #216 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Hello Darth,

Trump promises a lot of things, tries to cover all bases, so that when any of them come true he can claim credit.

Trump also promised a vaccine long before election day, but failed to achieve that.

Then, having failed at that, he moved the goalposts and claimed it would be in place by election day.

That didn't happen either, so the goalposts were moved once again to claim it would happen by Christmas.

If finally did, so then he jumped up and claimed credit.

That's what Trump does. He takes credit whenever and wherever he can, regardless of whether or not it is due.

But he never takes responsibility for anything negative.

He is fooling himself and anyone else he can drag into his fantasy.

I would logically advise anyone with a clairvoyant mind to avoid falling into Trump's dangerous web of lies and self-deceit.

Shallow thinkers should play right along. It is all they need for themselves and their own selfishness.

btw, COVID was still on the upswing when Biden was inaugurated.
    Get with me when Biden claims responsibility for the border. Hell, I’ll settle for allowing reporters in to see it.

The fact is, when Trump made his prediction he was mocked for it by the left. Several prominent democrats said they wouldn’t take ‘the Trump vaccine.

Irony right back at ya.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

7. #217 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

yes in florida
    No, in Florida: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/

We can't have an honest debate until you accept the facts.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

8. #218 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,073 Times in 6,783 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

You say Warp was ‘easy’ even as Trump was being mocked for promising a vaccine by Christmas.

Biden lied when he said there was no program in place when he was installed. The fact is there was a program at the time, and it was up and running at the time. What’s easy, is taking an already existent vaccine distribution and tweaking it and/or getting the federal government out of the way so it can be refined over time.

I predicted this very thing: Biden would inherit Covid on the downswing; or if not, it would be reported it differently. Either way, ‘Biden would handle Covid better’. He couldn’t lose.
    There is literally no doubt at all that Biden has handled COVID better. Trump was abysmal during COVID. He never told the truth, and downplayed every aspect of it the entire time he was in office (not to mention creating debate about simple things like masks and distancing, which could have saved thousands).

Biden took an anemic pace of vaccination when he started and turned it around. The results speak for themselves.

9. #219 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There is literally no doubt at all that Biden has handled COVID better. Trump was abysmal during COVID. He never told the truth, and downplayed every aspect of it the entire time he was in office (not to mention creating debate about simple things like masks and distancing, which could have saved thousands).

Biden took an anemic pace of vaccination when he started and turned it around. The results speak for themselves.
    To whatever extents it’s true, that can easily be explained by the fact roll outs of that scale improve over time.

Got anything else?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

10. #220 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    No, in Florida: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/

We can't have an honest debate until you accept the facts.

post michigan now. bruddah.

11. #221 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

post michigan now. bruddah.
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/michigan/

What about Michigan?

It's increasing because the restrictions were eased in February and March you dipshit:

Whitmer Plans to Further Ease Coronavirus Restrictions
    https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...s-restrictions

Gov. Whitmer's officials ease COVID-19 restrictions on restaurants, nursing homes
    https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...ns/6887112002/
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

12. #222 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

To whatever extents it’s true, that can easily be explained by the fact roll outs of that scale improve over time.

Got anything else?
    Do you honestly think that's some sort of valid retort? "Oh, it would have gone like this anyway?"

Incorrect. Trump was floundering. He was already passing the buck, as he does on everything - pointing fingers, crediting himself, blaming others.

Biden came in and passed 5 EO's in his FIRST DAY that ramped up distribution AND administration. Again - the results speak for themselves.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

PoliTalker (03-29-2021)

14. #223 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Get with me when Biden claims responsibility for the border. Hell, I’ll settle for allowing reporters in to see it.

The fact is, when Trump made his prediction he was mocked for it by the left. Several prominent democrats said they wouldn’t take ‘the Trump vaccine.

Irony right back at ya.
    President Biden has rather obviously taken responsibility for the border along with all the other duties and responsibilities of being president. Ordinarily this would be something everyone would assume a president should and would do. The nation is very glad to have this once again since it has been missing for the last 4 years.

The prediction of a large number of asylum seekers attempting entrance at our southern border was an easy one. The condition already existed. That has been established. All we are doing is talking about the relative numbers of said asylum seekers.

15. #224 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Do you honestly think that's some sort of valid retort? "Oh, it would have gone like this anyway?"

Incorrect. Trump was floundering. He was already passing the buck, as he does on everything - pointing fingers, crediting himself, blaming others.

Biden came in and passed 5 EO's in his FIRST DAY that ramped up distribution AND administration. Again - the results speak for themselves.
    I assume you’re going by the Biden administration/media ‘facts’ lol.

Vaccine distribution was up and running when Biden was installed. Fact. There was the usual car carping from some democrat governors; and yes, some glitches that are expected in a rollout of that scale. That *there even was a vaccine rollout in 2020* would have gotten any democrat president inducted into the presidential hall of fame.

But, Trump.

The WV Republican governor didn’t seem to have a problem with it as WV led the nation early on in vaccines.

You can shine it up all you like but at the end of the day Biden took over on Covid when the worst of the battle was over and the best thing he could do is ‘not blow it’. And as mentioned, it was entirely predictable that Biden would be trumpeted by the News Fakers as some sort of hero that saved the day.

But anyone that’s been paying attention knows better.

16. #225 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I assume you’re going by the Biden administration/media ‘facts’ lol.

Vaccine distribution was up and running when Biden was installed. Fact. There was the usual car carping from some democrat governors; and yes, some glitches that are expected in a rollout of that scale. That *there even was a vaccine rollout in 2020* would have gotten any democrat president inducted into the presidential hall of fame.

But, Trump.

The WV Republican governor didn’t seem to have a problem with it as WV led the nation early on in vaccines.

You can shine it up all you like but at the end of the day Biden took over on Covid when the worst of the battle was over and the best thing he could do is ‘not blow it’. And as mentioned, it was entirely predictable that Biden would be trumpeted by the News Fakers as some sort of hero that saved the day.

But anyone that’s been paying attention knows better.
    These "facts" look the same as the whole "protestors hugging & kissing cops" on 1/6.

Again: Trump was floundering. At the pace we were going when he left office, estimates were that we'd have herd immunity in 7-8 years.

Had Trump remained President, I have very little doubt that nothing would have changed much from that estimate. Biden prioritized it - right away - and within a week we were averaging over a million vaccinations a day.

Again - facts. This is now the history.

Trump won't be remembered well when it comes to COVID. It doesn't really matter what's said here. His record is pretty clear on it.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

PoliTalker (03-30-2021)