Thread: OUCH! Here Comes The Next Pandemic Wave For Spring 2021 In The USA

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default OUCH! Here Comes The Next Pandemic Wave For Spring 2021 In The USA

More dying. More death. More loss. More heartbreak.

More parents and grandparents lost.

More Americans with preexisting conditions being lost.

In case you have never checked it out, I have been keeping track of the Coronavirus Pandemic progress in the USA in a daily thread called

Corona Virus Peak Watch Thread

I had no idea when I began that thread almost a year ago how long it would take until we reached the peak.

I also had no idea that when we reached that peak, there might be more than one peak.

Well, we reached a peak at the end of January 2021.

Hooray!

But that wasn't the end of the virus.

It merely meant that we finally stopped adding more new cases than were resolved.

The number of Active Cases peaked and began to fall for the first time. And that felt good.

But our progress just halted.

Yesterday, for the first time since the end of January, we began to see the numbers start to rise again.

Yesterday showed more Active Cases than the previous day.

Gov DeSantis of Florida deserves much of the credit for killing our progress.

He foolishly dropped all restrictions in Florida.

And now Florida is recording more New Cases per day than California, even though California has nearly twice as many people.

Spring Break has not been just college kids. Many adults have gone there to get away from the stress of fighting the virus. That has created an epicenter.

Spring Break has become Florida Spring Super-Spreader.

We have not learned our lesson. More pain, more dying, more heartache, more loss are all on the way.

We have got to do better. We have got to be more responsible. We must stay the course until the job is done.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-26-2021), moon (03-26-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If you have been blowing off proper mask-wearing and distancing then you are part of the problem.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

CASPER (03-26-2021), Guno צְבִי (03-26-2021), LV426 (03-26-2021), moon (03-26-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    If you have been blowing off proper mask-wearing and distancing then you are part of the problem.

Unless you have the antibodies or are vaccinated and have waited the incubation period.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Underdog For This Post:

War=Peace (03-26-2021)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Big Money Dolla,

Quote Originally Posted by Big Money Dolla View Post
    Unless you have the antibodies or are vaccinated and have waited the incubation period.
    The CDC has not indicated that.

They are carrying on about how it has not been scientifically shown that vaccinated individuals are incapable of spreading the disease. They might get mild cases with no symptoms and possibly spread it to others.

I think the real reason is image. Example-setting. Similar to when Fauci said you don't have to run out and get a mask back in the beginning. It's about image. Back then, he didn't want people to run out and snap up all the available masks when there were not even enough for doctors and nurses on the front lines.

Now if vaccinated people start acting like it's all over, then the ones who just want to blow it off and pretend will feel more justified in blowing it off. THEY are the ones who are mostly likely to spread disease. If everybody can't go without a mask, then nobody should. That's my take on it.

Smart people have to 'dumb down' their actions to avoid giving dumb people the wrong ideas.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-26-2021), moon (03-26-2021)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

More dying. More death. More loss. More heartbreak. .
    why bother posting when the only data you have to support your claim is a year old post?......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

anonymoose (03-27-2021), cancel2 2022 (03-26-2021)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Big Money Dolla,

The CDC has not indicated that.

They are carrying on about how it has not been scientifically shown that vaccinated individuals are incapable of spreading the disease. They might get mild cases with no symptoms and possibly spread it to others.

I think the real reason is image. Example-setting. Similar to when Fauci said you don't have to run out and get a mask back in the beginning. It's about image. Back then, he didn't want people to run out and snap up all the available masks when there were not even enough for doctors and nurses on the front lines.

Now if vaccinated people start acting like it's all over, then the ones who just want to blow it off and pretend will feel more justified in blowing it off. THEY are the ones who are mostly likely to spread disease. If everybody can't go without a mask, then nobody should. That's my take on it.

Smart people have to 'dumb down' their actions to avoid giving dumb people the wrong ideas.

The CDC does not have the science to back up continued wearing of a mask once vaccinated or with antibodies. There are several studies showing that the vaccines do indeed show preventing spread.

Yes, St. Fauci lied three times about masks. He is not to be trusted.

I am not my brothers keeper. I am not going to wear a mask to convince an unvaccinated or person without antibodies to wear one.

No, I disagree, I don't have to dumb myself down. Not my job.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Underdog For This Post:

anonymoose (03-27-2021), ExpressLane (03-30-2021)

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Big Money Dolla,

The CDC does not have the science to back up continued wearing of a mask once vaccinated or with antibodies. There are several studies showing that the vaccines do indeed show preventing spread.

Yes, St. Fauci lied three times about masks. He is not to be trusted.

I am not my brothers keeper. I am not going to wear a mask to convince an unvaccinated or person without antibodies to wear one.

No, I disagree, I don't have to dumb myself down. Not my job.
    Well I can understand that sentiment.

After all. That would not be something that one would do for oneself. That would be something one would do for one's country. Looking out for others, and all.

That would only be the job of patriotic Americans who care about their fellow Americans; or even just humanity in general.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-26-2021)

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,875 Times in 8,272 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 590 Posts
    Blog Entries

More dying. More death. More loss. More heartbreak.

More parents and grandparents lost.

More Americans with preexisting conditions being lost.

In case you have never checked it out, I have been keeping track of the Coronavirus Pandemic progress in the USA in a daily thread called

Corona Virus Peak Watch Thread

I had no idea when I began that thread almost a year ago how long it would take until we reached the peak.

I also had no idea that when we reached that peak, there might be more than one peak.

Well, we reached a peak at the end of January 2021.

Hooray!

But that wasn't the end of the virus.

It merely meant that we finally stopped adding more new cases than were resolved.

The number of Active Cases peaked and began to fall for the first time. And that felt good.

But our progress just halted.

Yesterday, for the first time since the end of January, we began to see the numbers start to rise again.

Yesterday showed more Active Cases than the previous day.

Gov DeSantis of Florida deserves much of the credit for killing our progress.

He foolishly dropped all restrictions in Florida.

And now Florida is recording more New Cases per day than California, even though California has nearly twice as many people.

Spring Break has not been just college kids. Many adults have gone there to get away from the stress of fighting the virus. That has created an epicenter.

Spring Break has become Florida Spring Super-Spreader.

We have not learned our lesson. More pain, more dying, more heartache, more loss are all on the way.

We have got to do better. We have got to be more responsible. We must stay the course until the job is done.
    Biden the butcher is doing nothing to stop the dying.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Yakuda For This Post:

ExpressLane (03-30-2021)

17. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That's me so stay the fuck away from me.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Yakuda For This Post:

anonymoose (03-27-2021)

19. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 28 Times in 26 Posts

"COVID related" ??? Means - FLU... The FLu relates to COVID.

LIFE IS SHORT - SMILE WHILE YOU STILL HAVE TEETH.

we must all learn to hear what we do not like - the questions is not, "is it pleasant?" but, "is it true?"

20. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Big Money Dolla,

After all. That would not be something that one would do for oneself. That would be something one would do for one's country. Looking out for others, and all.

That would only be the job of patriotic Americans who care about their fellow Americans; or even just humanity in general.
    Stop with the feigned patriotism. Fuck you and your masks. They never worked they don't work and never will work.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Yakuda For This Post:

anonymoose (03-27-2021)

22. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Big Money Dolla,

I have the scars to prove my patriotism, I don't need to wear a mask to fool dumb dumbs into wearing one to show my patriotism. sorry, not sorry.

I view it the other way, people hesitant to get a vaccine starts seeing vaccinated people not wearing masks they will be more likely to get said vaccine.

23. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Big Money Dolla,

I have the scars to prove my patriotism, I don't need to wear a mask to fool dumb dumbs into wearing one to show my patriotism. sorry, not sorry.

I view it the other way, people hesitant to get a vaccine starts seeing vaccinated people not wearing masks they will be more likely to get said vaccine.
    OK, first of all, if you served, and have scars from your service, I thank you for your service. I am enjoying the freedom just fine, thank you. We owe you a debt of gratitude.

As for the those who become envious of the already-vaccinated, and they are anxious to get vaccinated also, they are good people.

I'm sure both effects are true. The conscientious ones will be envious of the already-vaccinated. And the ones who want to blow everything off will simply pretend they are vaccinated, go around maskless, drop distancing protocols, pretending they belong, and hope enough other people did actually get vaccinated that it isn't a problem.

24. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    why bother posting when the only data you have to support your claim is a year old post?......
    The dopey old bint never fucking stops making new threads about Covid, she's truly obnoxious.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

anonymoose (03-27-2021), ExpressLane (03-30-2021)

26. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Big Money Dolla,

OK, first of all, if you served, and have scars from your service, I thank you for your service. I am enjoying the freedom just fine, thank you. We owe you a debt of gratitude.

As for the those who become envious of the already-vaccinated, and they are anxious to get vaccinated also, they are good people.

I'm sure both effects are true. The conscientious ones will be envious of the already-vaccinated. And the ones who want to blow everything off will simply pretend they are vaccinated, go around maskless, drop distancing protocols, pretending they belong, and hope enough other people did actually get vaccinated that it isn't a problem.

So you are saying that no matter if I wear a mask or not the dumb people are going to continue to do dumb things it would seem. Are you amending your argument? To me it seems the more we can get back to normal through a vaccine and no longer wearing masks once inoculated, the better.