Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: OUCH! Here Comes The Next Pandemic Wave For Spring 2021 In The USA

1. #241 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

The number of Serious or Critical Cases rose yesterday.

Monday 4-5 USA: Serious, Critical 8,767

Tuesday 4-6 USA: Serious, Critical 8,960

Went up by more than 100 cases.

If somebody in critical condition gets worse, the next description of their condition is 'deceased.'

More people in critical condition is the forewarning of more people dying.

Do not let your guard down!
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #242 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

2 Days in a row now, the number of Serious or Critical Cases has risen.

Wednesday 4-7 USA: Serious, Critical 9,058

It has also been reported that the majority of new cases now are the more transmissible UK variant.

Get vaccinated as soon as it is available to you.

Keep distancing, wearing masks, and washing hands.

Protect yourself, protect your fellow Americans.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #243 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Correction:

3 Days in a row now, the number of Serious or Critical Cases has risen.

Sunday 4-3 USA: Serious, Critical 8,712

Wednesday 4-7 USA: Serious, Critical 9,058

It has also been reported that the majority of new cases now are the more transmissible UK variant.

Get vaccinated as soon as it is available to you.

Keep distancing, wearing masks, and washing hands.

Protect yourself, protect your fellow Americans.

4. #244 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sadly, the drawbridge has been lowered long before the hordes of barbarians have been eradicated. They are loose in the castle.

5. #245 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Brazil now leads the world in new deaths.

3733 yesterday.

Their population is approx 2/3 of ours.

The USA had 873 deaths yesterday.

The highest we have had in the USA was on January 12th with 4490 deaths in one day.

The number of people in serious or critical condition has stopped falling and instead risen in the USA for the last 3 days.

6. #246 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Serious Cases, Critical Cases, and New Deaths are all higher day by day.

These are metrics we do not want to see rising.

And worse, the new cases are mostly the more contagious variants.

Meanwhile, we've got (mostly Republicans) running around opening up everything like the danger is all past!

Europe just had to have a big shut down because they tried to open up too soon.

Brazil had over 4000 deaths yesterday. They have 2/3 the population that we have. That would be the same as over 6000 deaths in the USA in one day. The highest we ever had was 4490 on January 12th.

The Brazilian variant has been identified in the USA.

Do NOT drop your guard.

7. #247 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I just noticed Active Cases are also rising.

Active Cases in the USA:

2 Days ago = 6,864,675.

Yesterday = 6,870,624.

Now = 6,879,839.

8. #248 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Think it's 'going away?'

Think things are 'getting better?'

Think it is safer to gather in groups now?

Think again.

Open your eyes and look at the numbers.

There were more New Cases of Coronavirus in the USA yesterday than the day before.

There were more Active Cases of Coronavirus in the USA yesterday than the day before.

There were more people in Serious or Critical Condition in the USA yesterday than the day before.

There were more New Deaths from Coronavirus in the USA yesterday than the day before.

Look at the numbers.

Monday

4-12

USA

New Cases +56,522

New Deaths +460

Active Cases 6,852,989

Serious, Critical 9,321

Tuesday

4-13

USA

New Cases +77,720

New Deaths +819

Active Cases 6,867,195

Serious, Critical 9,505

Source: Corona Virus Peak Watch Thread / Worldometer

9. #249 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

We leveled the curve!

Unfortunately, this time we did not want to do that.

The curve was headed down.

The number of Active Cases of corona in the USA was falling, but that has ceased.

It appears to be poised on the verge of beginning to climb again.

Unless we can get more people to take this seriously, do the right things, get the vaccine, it looks like the disease is going to have a come-back.

Here is a graph of the number of Active Cases.

One sad visual shows what's going on...

Screenshot_2021-04-15 United States Coronavirus 32,152,620 Cases and 578,125 Deaths - Worldomete.jpg

Click to enlarge

10. #250 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

When we reached the peak of the pandemic we got up to just over 9 million people with corona near the end of January.

We were reducing the numbers and making good progress.

We got down just below 7 million Americans with corona but it stalled there.

Now it looks like it's about to start rising again.

That's the number of currently active cases.

The total number of cases to date has been over 30 million Americans.

32 million.

Over a half million of them died.

The rest recovered.

Some of the current cases include what's called 'Long Haulers.'

They don't get talked about that much.

Those are the ones that get it, and it never goes away for them. It turns into a thing where the symptoms come and go and it makes their life hell. They frequently can't work, and they can't enjoy life. They never know when they are going to 'have a bad day.' That could mean being bed stricken, in pain, or just have such an overall lack of energy they can't do anything.

Sounds pretty lousy.

I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

We gotta kick this thing in the butt.

Keep doing the right things. Don't spread it. Don't gather. Get vaccinated. Keep your distance. Wear a mask.

We'll get through this if we try hard enough.

The more people who fight this war, the sooner we will get our lives back.

11. #251 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,770 Times in 7,271 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Or maybe covid will turn out to be the blessing that cleanses the earth of its humanity infestation.
    At this point, people are beginning to not give a shit either way, I think.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

12. #252 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    There are several things wrong with this. Enough that I don’t even know where to start with it lol.

The most glaring thing is this notion that white men sit around all day conjuring up schemes to keep people of color oppressed.

Woke culture perpetuates itself through fear: corporations can be ruined by a single charge of racism, sexism or any -ism. Very unhealthy in a democracy. In fact, it’s a form of cultural fascism.

All brought to us by the left.
    This fucking bitch has decided that having one huge Covid thread is not enough for her, so she's started another, the woman is truly insane!

13. #253 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

We are now exactly one month into the latest 'surge'. It APPEARS to be less pronounced than the previous three, but new cases have been steadily increasing when vaccinations should have the exact opposite effect. Since nursing home cases have dropped by over 90%, this latest surge is infecting a younger population. We are still losing almost 1,000 Americans a day, and yet we continue to talk about this in the past tense. In fact, we are in a far worse place than we were a year ago, variants are spreading and people are ignoring the advice of public health officials.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-16-2021)

15. #254 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    When we reached the peak of the pandemic we got up to just over 9 million people with corona near the end of January.

32 million.

The rest recovered.

Those are the ones that get it, and it never goes away for them. It turns into a thing where the symptoms come and go and it makes their life hell. They frequently can't work, and they can't enjoy life. They never know when they are going to 'have a bad day.' That could mean being bed stricken, in pain, or just have such an overall lack of energy they can't do anything.

Sounds pretty lousy.

Keep doing the right things. Don't spread it. Don't gather. Get vaccinated. Keep your distance. Wear a mask.

I think you and I had this discussion before and I had shown you at the time this chart from the CDC (well the one before this one), you said unless it was someone else that we had to wait a week for the trend to see if I was right, it was a couple weeks ago. what you are posting seems to not stand up to the bigger picture.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...aphicsovertime

every metric has the pandemic plummeting, I see no evidence of a next wave.

16. #255 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,544 Times in 9,995 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,099 Times in 1,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post

32 million.

The rest recovered.

Sounds pretty lousy.

Biden just keeps on killing...been killing since he took office