Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: MEGAN MARKLE...THE WORST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO PRINCE HARRY

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,178 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

I know a lot of people! And just about everyone I know, has their own family squabbles.

None of which would air their dirty laundry on NATIONAL TV or to SENSATIONALIST NEWS SOURCES.

So, this was a Brain Fart by the Royal Couple!

In a couple of weeks this will be all forgotten as I don't think the family feud will last!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (03-10-2021)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dachshund View Post
    If you're a White West European- descended Yank, you ARE essentially an Englishman, at least as far as your biological (genetic) make up is concerned, you just speak with a different accent.

Dachshund
    Probably 'Anglo-Saxon' is the word you're looking for.
    'WASP' was a common phrase used years ago. (White, Anglo-Saxon, Protestant)

"The Angles, Saxons, and the Jutes were the three main powerful Germanic tribes who invaded Britain in the 5th century and formed Anglo-Saxon England."
    http://elizabethanenglandlife.com/an...on-tribes.html

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,529 Times in 52,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iolo/Penderyn View Post
    They certainly seem obsessed by it, don't they? Of course it is Disneyland: it pays the capitalists well and allows the rest of us to get on with our lives. How anyone can bear to play these roles is difficult to imagine.
    Over here our former presidents are thankful to be out of the goldfish bowl and back into life as private citizens. I simply cannot imagine spending one's whole LIFE as a Royal, always on show. How carefully you have to present yourself in public, how carefully you have to speak publicly... 24/7/365. No thanks!
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Iolo/Penderyn (03-11-2021)

6. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Over here our former presidents are thankful to be out of the goldfish bowl and back into life as private citizens. I simply cannot imagine spending one's whole LIFE as a Royal, always on show. How carefully you have to present yourself in public, how carefully you have to speak publicly... 24/7/365. No thanks!
    You asked about Dachshund, he claims to be Australian.

7. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    You asked about Dachshund, he claims to be Australian.
    Oh good for him. It's comforting to know that other countries have their share of RW kooks.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Jack (03-10-2021)

9. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,772 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

If you're a White West European- descended "Yankee Doodle", you ARE essentially an Englishman, at least as far as your biological (genetic) make up is concerned, you just speak with a different accent.Right ? But you do speak the Queen's English, and all of your mainstream institutions: educational, legal, administrative, family, economic, political, etc are firmly grounded on parallel, traditional English institutions.
    Politics works differently. There's no way in hell that a thing like Trump could rise to the top in England.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

christiefan915 (03-10-2021), ThatOwlWoman (03-10-2021)

11. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,410 Times in 10,039 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

So over the past five years, the "Patriots" of the GQP have come out in support of:

Russia
    North Korea
    Nazis
    Confederates
    The Royal Family

And the people they have attacked are:

Black voters
    The FBI
    Meghan Markle
    Doctors
    Teachers
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

13. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 84 Times in 79 Posts

No you would not understand. You have no conception of the real meaning of duty , obligation and self - sacrifice, let alone why a person would willingly devote their entire lives to honouring these moral principles in the service of others. It demands great self-discipline, strength of character and nobility of spirit.For 70 years, he Queen and Prince Phillip have always "been there" for the British people throughout the best and worst of times; serving the people, rallying the people; always steadfast and strong - never losing their composure, grace or dignity. That is why the Royals are so beloved by the people of England. The English public are absolutely livid at the way Megan Markle insulted the Queen, and they will never forget or forgive. Nor will I. I can sum Megan Markle up in one word - "Low-life."

Dachshund
    Last edited by Dachshund; 03-10-2021 at 12:07 PM.

14. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    Politics works differently. There's no way in hell that a thing like Trump could rise to the top in England.
    Churchill was a lot like Trump in that he had quite a few uncouth habits: for example he drank to excess, he was often very blunt to the point of being rude, he could lose his temper easily, he swore a lot. But the little shit didn't matter. Because he rallied England against the Nazis in 1940 when everything seemed lost, he won the Battle of Britain in the skies against tremendous odds, he stood firm throughout the London Blitz and gave the people the moral courage they needed to struggle through.

I don't give a toss if Trump is vulgar and has a Queens' accent and if he bullies people (they're probably dickheads who needed it,) I don't care if he "grabs pussies" or indulges in locker room humour, I don'r care if he's not politically correct, or if he screwed Stormy Daniels. When it came to the important big picture stuff, as a President, he delivered a hell of a lot of big wins for America. And that's all that matters - that's the bottom line" - if your'e a POTUS.

Dachshund
    Last edited by Dachshund; 03-10-2021 at 11:58 AM.

15. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,178 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

The Queens job is a bit busy as she has over 70,000 appointments in a single year! That is why she needs all of those princes, and princesses, dukes and duchesses help with this. I know this sound crazy, but that is what I read somewhere.

NO WONDER NO ONE WANTS THAT JOB!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (03-10-2021)

17. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Oh good for him. It's comforting to know that other countries have their share of RW kooks.
    At least I'm not a VICTIM like you. The meaning of life is simple: DON'T allow yourself to be a VICTIM ( Because while you're a victim, you're not really alive).

Dachshund

18. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,772 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Churchill was a lot like Trump.
    Actually Churchill was a lot smarter, much better informed, and didn't lie all the time. But the point is he was a Member of Parliament for forty years, first as a Conservative, then a Liberal, then a Conservative again, before he became PM. In that time people get to see what you're made of.

Trump held no elected office - not so much as county dogcatcher - until 2017 when he suddenly became POTUS and the most powerful man in the world. That's one of the differences beteen British and American politics. Trump could never have happened in the UK.

Added: Churchill also saw military service on the NW frontier in India, the Sudan war against the Mahdi, and South Africa. I think we can assume he didn't have bone spurs.
    Last edited by Tranquillus in Exile; 03-10-2021 at 12:57 PM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

20. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    Actually Churchill was a lot smarter, much better informed, and didn't lie all the time. But the point is he was a Member of Parliament for forty years, first as a Conservative, then a Liberal, then a Conservative again, before he became PM. In that time people get to see what you're made of.

Trump held no elected office - not so much as county dogcatcher - until 2017 when he suddenly became POTUS and the most powerful man in the world. That's one of the differences beteen British and American politics. Trump could never have happened in the UK.

Added: Churchill also saw military service on the NW frontier in India, the Sudan war against the Mahdi, and South Africa. I think we can assume he didn't have bone spurs.
    #TRE45ON isn't fit to wipe Churchill's ass.

BTW, the Queen also served in the British Army when she was 18, during World War II. No royal bone spurs there, either.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

christiefan915 (03-10-2021), Doc Dutch (03-10-2021), Tranquillus in Exile (03-10-2021)

22. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,633 Times in 51,921 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    When will this idiot family learn to stop marrying Americans?
    They're inbred blue bloods who outlived their usefulness a century ago. Marrying Americans is improving the bloodline.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

23. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,633 Times in 51,921 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Megan Markle's performance in the Oprah interview was disgraceful....

Dachshund
    Fuck all monarchists and any asshole who bends their knee to a king or queen. You are all spineless cowards who refused to throw off the yoke of kings.

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"