Thread: I have finished my home made gun for 249.00

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 Times in 1,527 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 73 Posts

Default I have finished my home made gun for 249.00

I built my own pistol and new it would cost about 800.00
    I cant sell it because I made it, while its legal to make a gun its illegal to sell it.
    A friend gave me a glock stripped slide , another friend gave me a 80 percent poly frame which I drilled out and milled and filed and polished on .

I had to buy a brrel for it which cost me 149.oo its a 9mm silencerco suppressor ready barrel and I had to buy a lower receiver parts kit and fit to it.

I have made several ar 15 rifles from parts but this is the first gun I made and milled out the receiver on.

Just wanted the liberals here to know about it , maybe watch them threaten to report me and get all butt hurt as usual.
    I think maybe my next hunting trip I post vids of me shooting wild game butchering it and eating it just to piss them off , and watch the butt hurt flow

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,594 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 151 Times in 148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    I built my own pistol and new it would cost about 800.00
    I cant sell it because I made it, while its legal to make a gun its illegal to sell it.
    A friend gave me a glock stripped slide , another friend gave me a 80 percent poly frame which I drilled out and milled and filed and polished on .

I had to buy a brrel for it which cost me 149.oo its a 9mm silencerco suppressor ready barrel and I had to buy a lower receiver parts kit and fit to it.

I have made several ar 15 rifles from parts but this is the first gun I made and milled out the receiver on.

Just wanted the liberals here to know about it , maybe watch them threaten to report me and get all butt hurt as usual.
    I think maybe my next hunting trip I post vids of me shooting wild game butchering it and eating it just to piss them off , and watch the butt hurt flow
    Why would Liberals report you, you did nothing illegal. Oh and yes you can sell it you just have to get a serial number for it and then it is fine to sell. Built two more AR's during 2020, did a G17 the year before (80 Percent lower) no biggie, cost me more than you because I used as many Match Quality parts as possible.

Biggest issue over the last year has been ammo, I keep a large stock but do not like dipping in too often just to go do a little shooting, so play time has been greatly reduced. Oh and one final grip, when you can fond the ammo you are looking for it is often twice the price you would have paid a year ago even on the discount sources online.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER View Post
    Why would Liberals report you, you did nothing illegal. Oh and yes you can sell it you just have to get a serial number for it and then it is fine to sell. Built two more AR's during 2020, did a G17 the year before (80 Percent lower) no biggie, cost me more than you because I used as many Match Quality parts as possible.

Biggest issue over the last year has been ammo, I keep a large stock but do not like dipping in too often just to go do a little shooting, so play time has been greatly reduced. Oh and one final grip, when you can fond the ammo you are looking for it is often twice the price you would have paid a year ago even on the discount sources online.
    well the reason mine cost was so low was because the blank slide was a gift from a friend as was the 80 percent lower.I has zero invested in them. Plus I already had the guts for the uppers slide. I actually had them all for the lower to but I keep spares. i CANT SELL IT AS IS AND SELLING A GUN YOU MAKE IS DICEY business the feds have claimed people were manufactures and not licensed .

as for ar 15 I am completed a build and tested it for function but am still adding to it a moe grip a riton 1x8 x24 optic Im very happy with a troy flip up rear sight and I am adding 1 3.5 lb flat trigger drop in with anti walk pins .I am waiting on the trigger and will probably go pick up the pistol grip today or tomorrow.

yes some liberals here will try and report it , many hate guns and hate me also. dutch bastard reports me every chance he gets . I enjoy creating butt hurt for them.

As for Ammo No issue for me I reload , when O bung hoke was elected guns prices went up Ammo prices went up and reloading supplys went up and got very hard to find.
    Under trump prices decreased and the supply was good. so I stocked up on gun power primers bullets cases etc.

I am down to 5000 small rifle primers but have loaded a lot of .223 I had 10,000 . Pistol primers I still have 10,000 and a limited amount of large rifle primers .
    im pretty good for gun powder well over 30 lbs and several thousand bullets mostly 9 mm and .223 but some .30 cal and 380 and 357 and 38 . I have several ammo boxes from 30 cal to 50 cal full along with 7 of the large square boxes about 18 x18 full. so Im good and able to go shoot any time I want.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

well the reason mine cost was so low was because the blank slide was a gift from a friend as was the 80 percent lower.I has zero invested in them. Plus I already had the guts for the uppers slide. I actually had them all for the lower to but I keep spares. i CANT SELL IT AS IS AND SELLING A GUN YOU MAKE IS DICEY business the feds have claimed people were manufactures and not licensed .

as for ar 15 I am completed a build and tested it for function but am still adding to it a moe grip a riton 1x8 x24 optic Im very happy with a troy flip up rear sight and I am adding 1 3.5 lb flat trigger drop in with anti walk pins .I am waiting on the trigger and will probably go pick up the pistol grip today or tomorrow.

yes some liberals here will try and report it , many hate guns and hate me also. dutch bastard reports me every chance he gets . I enjoy creating butt hurt for them.

As for Ammo No issue for me I reload , when O bung hoke was elected guns prices went up Ammo prices went up and reloading supplys went up and got very hard to find.
    Under trump prices decreased and the supply was good. so I stocked up on gun power primers bullets cases etc.

I am down to 5000 small rifle primers but have loaded a lot of .223 I had 10,000 . Pistol primers I still have 10,000 and a limited amount of large rifle primers .
    im pretty good for gun powder well over 30 lbs and several thousand bullets mostly 9 mm and .223 but some .30 cal and 380 and 357 and 38 . I have several ammo boxes from 30 cal to 50 cal full along with 7 of the large square boxes about 18 x18 full. so Im good and able to go shoot any time I want.
    Same here I always have plenty of spare parts, but I took the G17 to the next level in quality, plus I took my time since it was the first Handgun I have done this with. AR's are a no brainer for me, I was a Unit Armorer have all the proper tools so building them from ground up takes nothing once I have the furniture I want to use.

I don't do reloading but my neighbor is big on it, his problem these days is powder, he a ton of primers but the shortage of ammo last year included powder shortages and high prices. That said I keep a minimum stock at all times, it is a Prepper thing, each Center Fire rifle has a minimum of 1500 rounds, and the Rim Fire Rifles all have 2500 rounds, handguns I maintain at 500 rounds per handgun. I have two Ammo Can safes full plus a WWII footlocker full along with part of my gun safe, have not actually counted the total in a while but let's just say it is a lot. Right now it is the extra ammo stock for shooting practice and fun is the issue, I only bother with my favorites and EDC firearms these days, it will eventually change back to normal.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER View Post
    Same here I always have plenty of spare parts, but I took the G17 to the next level in quality, plus I took my time since it was the first Handgun I have done this with. AR's are a no brainer for me, I was a Unit Armorer have all the proper tools so building them from ground up takes nothing once I have the furniture I want to use.

I don't do reloading but my neighbor is big on it, his problem these days is powder, he a ton of primers but the shortage of ammo last year included powder shortages and high prices. That said I keep a minimum stock at all times, it is a Prepper thing, each Center Fire rifle has a minimum of 1500 rounds, and the Rim Fire Rifles all have 2500 rounds, handguns I maintain at 500 rounds per handgun. I have two Ammo Can safes full plus a WWII footlocker full along with part of my gun safe, have not actually counted the total in a while but let's just say it is a lot. Right now it is the extra ammo stock for shooting practice and fun is the issue, I only bother with my favorites and EDC firearms these days, it will eventually change back to normal.
    yes ar builds are fairly easy, I found the 80 percent lower a easy build , it was one of the first ones with poly read rails you had to mill out

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

yes ar builds are fairly easy, I found the 80 percent lower a easy build , it was one of the first ones with poly read rails you had to mill out
    I have only done one 80% AR build the drilling only took a small amount of time, normally I buy 100% lowers and just build from there and with a serial number I can sell them legally if I really wanted to. I understand the desire by some to build firearms without the government knowing, but that can be achieved through private sales also, the government only knows about half my purchases and do not know whether I still have those or not, and they never will.
    Last edited by CASPER; 03-08-2021 at 09:40 AM.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

How did range testing go ?
    I have ample number of Sig pistols but had consideted building a rifle.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Im really not to concerned about the government knowing what I own , the hard records are in gun shops both open and closed , it would take decades for them to go over records and private sale are not recorded,
    frankly as a responsible citizen I have concerns about private sales . I dont have the answers to it but I do have concerns.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Im finishing off another ar that I had already put together a budget gun based on a local gun maker diamond back.
    It was a plain jane are with a A2 style sights.
    I added a moe grip a burris scope mount and a riton 1x8x24 scope which I am very happy with. If your looking for a budget scope you can find them for under 400.00
    Great scope. Company is owned by former law enforcement and vets .
    I also wanted a rugged rear sight so I went with troy industry. Thats far from. A budget rear sight but ot is tough and accurate.
    I also wanted a better trigger . but didn't want to spend 300.00 on it .So I went with a 3.5 flat match single stage from psa .Great for the money and it comes with anti walk pins .
    I might do a bit more to it but im trying to do a budget ar.that has what I think a ar should be without spending 2 g on it as I have with a couple guns .a fun gun for burning ammo