Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hey Joe!! China warns US not to cross 'red line' on Taiwan

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,179 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    What, if anything should Joe do about Chinese threats??

China's claim to Taiwan is an "insurmountable red line," the Chinese foreign minister warned the US administrationled by President Joe Biden on Sunday.

Wang Yi was speaking at an annual news conference during the meeting of the National People's Congress, China's annual parliamentary session.

Wang addressed other aspects of the tense US-China relationship during the news conference.

The top minister vigorously defended the Chinese stance on controversial Hong Kong electoral reforms and human rights abuses in Xinjiang.

He also covered European relations and Myanmar.
    All I can say is, AMERICA better find some new countries to market their Treasury Bonds to.

And we should be looking at ways to purchase those bonds back from China or pay them out- EVEN IF WE HAVE TO SACRIFICE SOME GOLD IN FT. KNOX!

AND ONLY THEN CAN WE TELL CHINA WHAT TO DO- or sanction them, or whatever!

Because as long as China carries a good part of our national debt- WE DON'T HAVE MUCH OF A LEG TO STAND ON!
    Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 03-07-2021 at 06:28 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

Althea (03-07-2021)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,447 Times in 7,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 509 Times in 502 Posts

Joe is bought and paid for by China.

He's not a legitimate president of the US. They cheated that election, as a big "Fuck You" to all Americans I suppose.

Well, that's not sitting right with a lot of people. And the more stupid bullshit they push on us, the worse it gets.

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,030 Times in 12,560 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,404 Times in 1,348 Posts
    Blog Entries

I believe they know, & so does the ccp.......

The communist threaten them daily....

As I mentioned a couple months ago, perhaps they should play some games also......

They got lots of money & wakistan & nk sure need it.............

They wouldn't miss a few nukes.....
    China is going with one of its main tactics....wear them out, wear them down, challenge them constantly....only then attack directly and only of they cant be destroyed from the inside out like we are doing with America.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Biden and Obama already have a shitty reputation on "Red lines". I am certain Biden will just follow failed previous policy.
    True, they have not done well IMHO w/ China, but no one has, they've all pretty much held their noses & hoped they would come around.. Only trump was keen on the fact that isn't happening & they have zero intentions of letting it..............

Now Germany, France & I hear even Britain are planning to step up in the south china sea.........

If nothing else it appears the ante is going up..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

True, they have not done well IMHO w/ China, but no one has, they've all pretty much held their noses & hoped they would come around.. Only trump was keen on the fact that isn't happening & they have zero intentions of letting it..............

Now Germany, France & I hear even Britain are planning to step up in the south china sea.........

If nothing else it appears the anti- is going up..
    As Britain has announced a new round of defense cuts, just as they were supposed to be ramping back up after multiple rounds of previous defense cuts.

Nobody is going to do anything about China...it is well past time for people who claim to be smart to figure this out.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    All I can say is, AMERICA better find some new countries to market their Treasury Bonds to.

And we should be looking at ways to purchase those bonds back or pay them out- EVEN IF WE HAVE TO SACRIFICE SOME GOLD IN FT. KNOX!

AND ONLY THEN CAN WE TELL CHINA WHAT TO DO- or sanction them, or whatever!

Because as long as China carries a good part of our national debt- WE DON'T HAVE MUCH OF A LEG TO STAND ON!
    Yep, that is lots of money & a horrible mess...

They are now putting their sanctions on Americans

Wonder why no one else thought of that??
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    What should he do? Or, what will he do?

He should stand up to China. Making a couple of nice big arms sales to Taiwan would be a good start. That'd be a clear indication where the US stands on that issue. But that won't happen with Joke in the White House.

What he will do is little or nothing other than maybe make a brief statement or two about this chastising China without consequence. After all his bagman son no doubt is lining up another big cash "donation" from the Chinese for Joke. Or maybe he'll send his Chinese spy in Congress Eric Swalwell to grab the loot...
    Must you always be so Pessimistic, Negative, and Cynical?

I can guarantee you Joe Biden would not treat you that way!

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,594 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 151 Times in 148 Posts
    Blog Entries

The threat/Chinese menace existed long before trump
    Yes, it has, I know them well, worked for them twice and have been there several times.

My point was only that trump did Nothing in Four Years, he did not know what to do. We shall see if Biden and his team can figure it out.

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER View Post
    Yes, it has, I know them well, worked for them twice and have been there several times.

My point was only that trump did Nothing in Four Years, he did not know what to do. We shall see if Biden and his team can figure it out.
    "TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! "

barf

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-07-2021)

12. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yep, that is lots of money & a horrible mess...

They are now putting their sanctions on Americans

Wonder why no one else thought of that??
    Trust me on this, If America does anything too drastic, China will want immediate payment on those Bonds.

America will end up having to increase dividends in order to sell them. At least 70 countries buy them. If America makes them more attractive, those countries will buy even more.

America should go back to selling Savings Bonds to school kids and their parents like they did back in the 60's. Parents could start buying them for their children's college fund with those things!

This is a way for parents to pay for their own children's college- AND HELP PAY DOWN THE NATIONAL DEBT THEIR CHILDREN WILL INHERIT SOME DAY AT THE SAME TIME. IT'S A WIN/WIN!

This is another reason why we should not be paying off people's college loans!

And let me just add this- EVERY ADULT AMERICAN IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS NATIONAL DEBT IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER- AND I'LL BE GLAD TO EXPLAIN THAT IF ANYONE ASKS?
    Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 03-07-2021 at 07:18 PM.

13. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,754 Times in 14,346 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

So that mean Joe should do what exactly??
    Pretty hard for us to criticize China when we've occupied Iraq/Afg. for more than a decade.

Kinda hard to criticize China for human rights abuses when we see video of unarmed American innocents being murdered in the streets by the govt. every week.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

14. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER View Post
    Another mess left behind by trump. Going to be tough to deal with, and lots of work, guess that is why he left it to Biden.
    It will be different having a POTUS that doesn't have vested monetary interests with most of our 'enemies'. China owns quite a bit of trump tower real estate.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

15. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Nothing like a war to fire up reds. Lives for money.
    Imagine that? So I guess we can assume that their catchphrase is 'Chinese lives matter'?

16. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,571 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

China and America have never , ever had disputes about Taiwan (Formosa) before. How could Joe have done this?

17. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    What the fuck is mainline China going to do?

Are they going to take all the stuff that they sell to us and make as much money selling it all to Central American banana republics?

If ultra-wealthy El Salvador doesn't come up with a whole lot of cash, China might find themselves in a bit of financial crisis.
    Well...they do own about $3billion in U.S debt.