Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hey Joe!! China warns US not to cross 'red line' on Taiwan

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,754 Times in 14,346 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER View Post
    Unfortunately due to treaties with Japan and South Korea, both of which I support, we cannot just pull out, so time for diplomacy, you remember that term, we used to have some skill at it at one time.
    Because we always had a leader who understood that trade is not a zero sum game. trump doesn't know anything about the business world, let alone diplomacy. He seemed to equate the two, and having always failed at the former it was natural to fail at the latter.

Miserably.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER View Post
    Thinking she made a good Point....
    Althea is my cat.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    Damocles commented once that I should officially ask for that permission.

I just never did.
    That's only in one forum. I forget which. You can start threads if you wish.

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,771 Times in 7,272 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Well...they do own about $3billion in U.S debt.
    And that would suddenly become a three billion dollar gift if they break ranks with us over Taiwan.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    Damocles commented once that I should officially ask for that permission.

I just never did.
    Well I guess you really don't care all that much about it then but personally I would love to read more of your insight & original conversation starters etc
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,179 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Well I guess you really don't care all that much about it then but personally I would love to read more of your insight & original conversation starters etc
    Hey Thanks Bill, I'll check into it.

7. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,179 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

That's only in one forum. I forget which. You can start threads if you wish.
    Thanks! I'll check it out!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

Althea (03-08-2021)

9. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

trump had a chance to effect change when his puppet masters were writing the new tax law. It could have punished corps who manufactured overseas, and awarded those who manufacture here.
    indeed he could, but his reelection was the most important thing in the history of man so he needed to make that a priority & keep the zillionaires happy..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

10. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

indeed he could, but his reelection was the most important thing in the history of man so he needed to make that a priority & keep the zillionaires happy..
    EVERY issue that came up during his tenure was addressed from the aspect of the election.

Which is why he fucked Covid up so badly. He thought that denying it would make it go away. From there it 'wasn't his fault', which is his 'go to' phrase for every one of his failures.

11. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

True, they have not done well IMHO w/ China, but no one has, they've all pretty much held their noses & hoped they would come around.. Only trump was keen on the fact that isn't happening & they have zero intentions of letting it..............

Now Germany, France & I hear even Britain are planning to step up in the south china sea.........

If nothing else it appears the ante is going up..
    I hope so.

12. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

EVERY issue that came up during his tenure was addressed from the aspect of the election.

Which is why he fucked Covid up so badly. He thought that denying it would make it go away. From there it 'wasn't his fault', which is his 'go to' phrase for every one of his failures.
    So sad & so true......

His biggest regret it happened before the election, that it happened @ all, he was a shoe in, had it in the bag etc............ @ this point someone elbows him & whispers for him to don't forget about all the ppl that died............ One of the furthest things from his mind/SELF!!!

13. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    I hope so.
    Me too..........

While I most certainly do not want a war, hot or cold, the ccp is going full throttle w/ their forceful/force filled agenda & seem to be anticipating & preparing for it..

14. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So sad & so true......

His biggest regret it happened before the election, that it happened @ all, he was a shoe in, had it in the bag etc............ @ this point someone elbows him & whispers for him to don't forget about all the ppl that died............ One of the furthest things from his mind/SELF!!!
    Too bad for him that he refused to listen to those who urged him to pretend to care about those who suffered from the trump virus.

He would have won handily.

15. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,030 Times in 12,560 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,404 Times in 1,348 Posts
    Blog Entries

China to America: Pound Sand!
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

16. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,795 Times in 32,158 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

What, if anything should Joe do about Chinese threats??
    he should keep cashing his checks.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”