Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536

Thread: Who here has already been vaccinated? Who is not planning on getting vaccinated?

1. #526 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,683 Times in 27,327 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Unfortunately, the Republican party supports demagogues, not patriotism. Democrats support an authoritarian Federal government as usual.
    I am curious, what are some real-world examples of Democrats implementing authoritarianism?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Doc Dutch (03-23-2021)

3. #527 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,449 Times in 52,464 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I am curious, what are some real-world examples of Democrats implementing authoritarianism?
    Any Federal law that restricts people from doing something within their home or against their views.

How many of those in the past 30 years haven't been Democrats implementing authoritarianism? Gun bills, mandatory this or that.

Don't get me wrong; the Republicans have moved hard towards authoritarianism. I can blame them for acting like Democrats or just being fascist assholes, but the results are they want to do the same: Mandate Federal Laws for all to comply or suffer the consequences.

The purpose of the Federal government is in the Preamble to the Constitution. It's one thing to protect citizens from hurting others. It's another to protect citizens from hurting themselves. Worse, to "protect" them from thinking rude thoughts.

I have a right to not be vaccinated. I chose to be vaccinated because it's the logical thing to do. If someone is mentally ill or have logical, albeit religious or other conditions, compelling them to avoid vaccination, what would our Founders think ideologically?

IMHO, they'd think, "No. Don't force someone without a solid legal reason to do so."

Of course, in those days, "solid legal reason" meant what a counself of 30ish+ rich, white, male landowners believed it to be. They almost always had the paperwork to back it up. You know, just like the Yankees treated the Native Americans.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

4. #528 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,683 Times in 27,327 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Any Federal law that restricts people from doing something within their home or against their views.

How many of those in the past 30 years haven't been Democrats implementing authoritarianism? Gun bills, mandatory this or that.

Don't get me wrong; the Republicans have moved hard towards authoritarianism. I can blame them for acting like Democrats or just being fascist assholes, but the results are they want to do the same: Mandate Federal Laws for all to comply or suffer the consequences.

The purpose of the Federal government is in the Preamble to the Constitution. It's one thing to protect citizens from hurting others. It's another to protect citizens from hurting themselves. Worse, to "protect" them from thinking rude thoughts.

I have a right to not be vaccinated. I chose to be vaccinated because it's the logical thing to do. If someone is mentally ill or have logical, albeit religious or other conditions, compelling them to avoid vaccination, what would our Founders think ideologically?

IMHO, they'd think, "No. Don't force someone without a solid legal reason to do so."

Of course, in those days, "solid legal reason" meant what a counself of 30ish+ rich, white, male landowners believed it to be. They almost always had the paperwork to back it up. You know, just like the Yankees treated the Native Americans.
    I personally know people who live under authoritarianism in the Republic of Belarus and the Russian Federation, and to be honest it is a diservice to real authoritarianism to compare it to anything the modern Democratic Party has done. For that matter, I would be throwing elbows to live under a President Pence rather than an Aleksandr Lukashenko.

5. #529 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,832 Times in 17,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,598 Times in 4,276 Posts

8 days until shot #2.

6. #530 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,177 Times in 14,713 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

Fully vaccinated about a month ago. Moderna

7. #531 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,364 Times in 6,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

He didn't recommend that. He just asked one of the dumbest questions ever asked by a US President on global television. It made him a laughing stock.
    Of course he didn't. I was just mincing words like FoxNews does daily. I love asking the TrumpTards about what Trump said that day. Their responses are hilarious.
    One said he was just kidding, which begs the questions:
    Why are you making jokes during a Pandemic press conference?
    If you were kidding, why did you say you were being sarcastic a day later?

One TrumpTard said he was just innocently 'spitballing' ideas.

The TrumpTards are so far up Trump's ass, they could be mistaken for polyps.

Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

Doc Dutch (03-24-2021)

9. #532 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,364 Times in 6,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post

Then don't ask or respond.
    Okay, then I won't. On to the IGNORE list you go. Adios, mutherfukker.

Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

10. #533 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,449 Times in 52,464 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Capitalist View Post
    Of course he didn't. I was just mincing words like FoxNews does daily. I love asking the TrumpTards about what Trump said that day. Their responses are hilarious.
    One said he was just kidding, which begs the questions:
    Why are you making jokes during a Pandemic press conference?
    If you were kidding, why did you say you were being sarcastic a day later?

One TrumpTard said he was just innocently 'spitballing' ideas.

The TrumpTards are so far up Trump's ass, they could be mistaken for polyps.

One day I suspect most Trumpers will calm down enough to admit "Yeah, that was pretty fucking stupid".
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

11. #534 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    In this pandemic, it almost seems like a patriotic duty to get vaccinated and try to adhere to CDC guidelines.

I am sure that is basically how South Korea, Taiwan, New Zealand, et al. were able to put the kibosh on this pandemic.
    penninsula and islands