Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Who here has already been vaccinated? Who is not planning on getting vaccinated?

1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 2,333 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 150 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Special treatment for people who live in wealthy gated neighborhoods, different standards for different distributors, still in the 65+ category in some areas other areas 50+, other areas no requirements at all. Early on Publix was the only one allowed to give the shot, although they’re not publics in every neighborhood, and generally only in upper middle-class neighborhoods.
    Special treatment for people who live in wealthy gated neighborhoods
    Oh, I see. Someone told you about Ocean Reef, right? Ocean Reef is a 65+ community. They got vaccinated en masse(along with a bunch of retirement homes and long term care facilities)because places like that are where the elderly ARE! It's efficient. Next!

different standards for different distributors
    I have no idea what you're talking about here.

still in the 65+ category in some areas other areas 50+, other areas no requirements at all
    That was generally understood to be the system, right? And there are certain age 50+ essential workers who could always get the shot because of their jobs.

other areas no requirements at all
    Once again, I have no idea what you're talking about here. However, I did hear about a federal site that opened up for everybody on Saturday because most of the people with appointments didn't show up. You think maybe they should have thrown those doses out? You can't refreeze them once you thaw them out, ya know!

Early on Publix was the only one allowed to give the shot, although they’re not publics in every neighborhood
    There are 813 Publix supermarkets in Florida. If you don't have one within walking distance, it's gonna be a pretty short car ride to get to one. I know of 3 within 5 miles of my definitely NOT "upper middle-class neighborhood". Not to mention that Publix initially had the only freezers that got cold enough to store the vaccine, so it was a good way to start. Their are 500 Winn Dixies in Florida, 24 giving shots at last count, not to mention CVS, Walgreens, FEMA sites and all the others.

As of today, NPR says this:
    Since vaccine distribution began in the U.S. on Dec. 14, more than 90 million doses have been administered, reaching 17.7% of the total U.S. population,according to federal data collected by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The U.S. is currently administering over 2.2 million shots a day.

Remember when your turnip-in-chief said HE was gonna vaccinate 100 million people in his first 100 days? I always wondered why he sandbagged that number. It was like predicting that the sun was gonna rise in the east in 100 days. We're gonna get to 100 mil with 10 days to spare, so don't worry. President cabbage head will be able to take a victory lap(probably in a wheelchair)without ever having lifted a finger to get there.
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

2. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 2,333 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 150 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Nice try. His wealthy donors demanded that the vaccine be distributed to the proper zipcodes.

The mere fact that you addressed it proves that you're trying to sweep it under the rug.
    Where are you getting this crap?!
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

3. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Capitalist View Post
    What's the NHS?
    Something we value more than the monarchy, Winston Churchill and the British Empire, our greatest achievement, Aneurin Bevan's National Health Service.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Iolo/Penderyn For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (03-09-2021)

5. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    So your doctor wanted to make extra money off of your fear and you fell for it. Okay.
    This is just the sort of talk you get from the most backward peasants in some of the most backward countries on earth. In civilised countries where we don't have to pay doctors we find weird notions about vaccination are mostly held by foreigners who have problems with the language. I suppose that, your peasants over there being so insanely backward, it doesn't matter much if they choose to die early, but we tend to try to educate our nutters.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Iolo/Penderyn For This Post:

CASPER (03-09-2021), Joe Capitalist (03-09-2021), ThatOwlWoman (03-09-2021)

7. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER View Post
    No Official Organization to my knowledge has made this statement, but I am sure you have your medical background to fall back on.
    I call it common sense.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

Into the Night (03-09-2021)

9. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,594 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 151 Times in 148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by China Joe View Post
    I call it common sense.
    And I actually agree, but up until official agencies verified that thought it is also wishful thinking, and every once in a while we are granted our wishes.

10. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,529 Times in 52,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iolo/Penderyn View Post
    This is just the sort of talk you get from the most backward peasants in some of the most backward countries on earth. In civilised countries where we don't have to pay doctors we find weird notions about vaccination are mostly held by foreigners who have problems with the language. I suppose that, your peasants over there being so insanely backward, it doesn't matter much if they choose to die early, but we tend to try to educate our nutters.
    Over here some of us form them into their base and use them to get elected IMPOTUSx2. lol

Here's a funny tale you'll enjoy. Our massage lady is also an author. She has written several end-of-the-world dystopian novels featuring disasters like severe weather, massive earthquakes, eruption of the Yellowstone super volcano, EMPs, etc. Her protagonists are based on herself and are also preppers. Last week we went over to her house so Mr. Owl could get a massage, the first he'd had since the pandemic started. Naturally that was the topic of most of our conversation. She is not going to get the vax. Like Into the Nightshade, she thinks that the pandemic is grossly over-inflated so that hospitals and doctors can make more money. Tried to explain about billing and ICD-10 codes and the like, but she was having none of it. On the way home, Mr. Owl remarked that it was pretty funny how she's made her living from writing about disasters and how to prep for them -- but then when an actual disaster happens, she refuses to believe that it's real.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

CASPER (03-09-2021)

12. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Over here some of us form them into their base and use them to get elected IMPOTUSx2. lol

Here's a funny tale you'll enjoy. Our massage lady is also an author. She has written several end-of-the-world dystopian novels featuring disasters like severe weather, massive earthquakes, eruption of the Yellowstone super volcano, EMPs, etc. Her protagonists are based on herself and are also preppers. Last week we went over to her house so Mr. Owl could get a massage, the first he'd had since the pandemic started. Naturally that was the topic of most of our conversation. She is not going to get the vax. Like Into the Nightshade, she thinks that the pandemic is grossly over-inflated so that hospitals and doctors can make more money. Tried to explain about billing and ICD-10 codes and the like, but she was having none of it. On the way home, Mr. Owl remarked that it was pretty funny how she's made her living from writing about disasters and how to prep for them -- but then when an actual disaster happens, she refuses to believe that it's real.
    Like it. People can be baffling, can't they?

13. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

And I actually agree, but up until official agencies verified that thought it is also wishful thinking, and every once in a while we are granted our wishes.
    I don't rely on a government agency to verify common sense. More often than not they defy common sense.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

Into the Night (03-09-2021), Underdog (03-09-2021)

15. #145 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

One piece of information that few have mentioned in the CDC report which is very interesting and that it looks like those that have been fully vaccinated can no longer spread the virus. Just food for thought.

lol you don't have the correct talking points. your ilk and party want you to believe you can still spread it even after.

16. #146 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No Official Organization to my knowledge has made this statement, but I am sure you have your medical background to fall back on.

you mean other than every first year medical student learning this on day one. #duped

17. #147 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,594 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 151 Times in 148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by China Joe View Post
    I don't rely on a government agency to verify common sense. More often than not they defy common sense.
    True...

18. #148 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That's not how science works.

we all knew this, you believed the propaganda.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Underdog For This Post:

Into the Night (03-09-2021)

20. #149 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,939 Times in 11,525 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Yeah, good point. Just like their leader, getting it in secret.
    What secret???
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

21. #150 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,939 Times in 11,525 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    Lol...my doctor doesn’t get a cent from me...directly. He gets his money from you (and me too) through the federal taxes you pay as it is filtered through the BIA.
    So you are a proud indian living on welfare. Gotit.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    There’s a reason Oklahoma (a truly conservative state) is among the top as far as vaccine distribution by states is concerned.
    It isn't. There is no 'top' State.
    Pfizer distributed the vaccine last December through it's regular supply chain that it owns. Since then, you could go down to your local drug store or clinic and get your vaccine shot.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams